Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Jaquan Sanders, G, OSL HS, Bx (Commit) 1 week 4 days ago #439187

• Big Red
  • Thank you received: 276

Redman#13 post=439168 wrote:

Paultzman post=439146 wrote: Last comment, Van Macon is a gem & huge part of establishing credibility with local hoops schools and programs. Such an impact hire!

Love what Van is doing. Would love to know what he is doing that others couldn't. How does he sell SJu differently? Is it all relationship based? Would love to be in on those visits

While Van does deserve credit for being able to bring the gap between Anderson and Cleveland and the New York basketball scene, MA's approach has never changed when it comes to recruiting philosophy. 

And we WAY undersell Cleveland and his impact with this program. Moreso than Van in my opinion. Is quietly in the background navigating the ship. Pulling it all together.

This is a team approach to recruiting, and it is paying dividends on the recruiting trail.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112, SJU85, IDRAFT, RedStormRising

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jaquan Sanders, G, OSL HS, Bx (Commit) 1 week 4 days ago #439193

• Anthony Mattia
  • Thank you received: 333
Welcome to the St. John's family Jaquan!  I was speaking with my brother this weekend and we are both more excited for the start of the season then we have been in years!  Great time to be a fan!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUFAN2, Room112, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, Long Island Mike, Amaseinyourface

Jaquan Sanders, G, OSL HS, Bx (Commit) 1 week 4 days ago #439194

• gman
  • Thank you received: 991
Always nice to wake up to a commitment!  Excited to have Jaquan here!

The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Jaquan Sanders, G, OSL HS, Bx (Commit) 1 week 4 days ago #439215

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 486
Well why is one salesman successful and another selling the same product is not? HARD WORK

Jaquan Sanders, G, OSL HS, Bx (Commit) 1 week 4 days ago #439220

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 1624

Making Plays post=439182 wrote:

P1NSTR1PEZ post=439178 wrote:

Happy post=439174 wrote: Important commitment from a kid whose best attribute is his ability to rise to the occasion in the big moment  .  Jaquan is quite simply a dog on the court and beating Seton Hall for this kid makes it even sweeter. Was told that he made up his mind for Hall at peach jam and the work that the staff and the current players did with this kid is incredible .  I am with Moose in hoping that we can somehow get Sadiku on board as well ( He is a Seton Hall lean but is very close with Jaquan )    Let's keep this momentum going :)

I highly doubt Sadiku will come here, they just landed Storr who plays the same position and is better, and there’s too many bodies at guard already. 

Will be interesting to see where they go with the next scholarship.  Really, until someone transfers mid-season or end of season it's hard to say where they really need to fill.  They could go still go with Sadiku, he is a bigger wing player that could also play the 4 in smaller lineups, there's still room for him to make the rotation if he's good enough his freshman year.

Right now the projected roster for next season would be...

G - Posh / Pinzon / King
G - Mathis / Sanders
G - Storr / Wusu
F - Wheeler / Traore
F - Soriano / Stanley / Nywie

and ? Julian C is…

Jaquan Sanders, G, OSL HS, Bx (Commit) 1 week 4 days ago #439228

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 883

Lashown Trakel post=439134 wrote: I’ll be able to elaborate more tomorrow but the staff did a GREAT job on this one and Coach is one of the classiest individuals I’ve ever known  Very special man. 

Coach has been focused and transformative since the day he set foot on campus….would be great to hear the additional detail that you referenced in your post

Jaquan Sanders, G, OSL HS, Bx (Commit) 1 week 4 days ago #439231

• redmen70
  • Thank you received: 19
The Silas Sunday bb center player from OSL has a lot of potential. A seven footer who is strong can be developed by the right coaching staff into a  dominating player.We need a true center if we want to do well in the play offs

Jaquan Sanders, G, OSL HS, Bx (Commit) 1 week 4 days ago #439233

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 26610

Sherman, Sheridan & Grant post=439220 wrote:

Happy post=439174 wrote: Important commitment from a kid whose best attribute is his ability to rise to the occasion in the big moment  .  Jaquan is quite simply a dog on the court and beating Seton Hall for this kid makes it even sweeter. Was told that he made up his mind for Hall at peach jam and the work that the staff and the current players did with this kid is incredible .  I am with Moose in hoping that we can somehow get Sadiku on board as well ( He is a Seton Hall lean but is very close with Jaquan )    Let's keep this momentum going :)

I highly doubt Sadiku will come here, they just landed Storr who plays the same position and is better, and there’s too many bodies at guard already. 

Will be interesting to see where they go with the next scholarship.  Really, until someone transfers mid-season or end of season it's hard to say where they really need to fill.  They could go still go with Sadiku, he is a bigger wing player that could also play the 4 in smaller lineups, there's still room for him to make the rotation if he's good enough his freshman year.

G - Posh / Pinzon / King
G - Mathis / Sanders
G - Storr / Wusu
F - Wheeler / Traore

and ? Julian C is…

Earning $

Jaquan Sanders, G, OSL HS, Bx (Commit) 1 week 4 days ago #439241

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 1624

Paultzman post=439233 wrote:

G - Posh / Pinzon / King
G - Mathis / Sanders
G - Storr / Wusu
F - Wheeler / Traore

and ? Julian C is…

Earning $

I must be missing something, haven’t been on the site much lately, wouldn’t  he be listed w roster and/or starters?
oh well. 
The main thing =
we continue to
move in a good direction!

Last edit: by Sherman, Sheridan & Grant.

Jaquan Sanders, G, OSL HS, Bx (Commit) 1 week 4 days ago #439245

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 4529

Sherman, Sheridan & Grant post=439241 wrote:

Paultzman post=439233 wrote:

G - Posh / Pinzon / King
G - Mathis / Sanders
G - Storr / Wusu
F - Wheeler / Traore

and ? Julian C is…

Earning $

I must be missing something, haven’t been on the site much lately, wouldn’t  he be listed w roster and/or starters?
oh well. 
The main thing =
we continue to
move in a good direction!

That's 2022-23's roster outlook, general.

We need to hire an NIL staffer to help pump millions of dollars into Julian's bank account so he comes back for both years.

Last edit: by L J S A. Reason: sp.
Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight