Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Ibine Ayo Sadiku, F, Our Savior Lutheran HS 3 months 1 week ago #396246

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 27689
  • Thank you received: 20896

L J S A wrote:

Moose wrote: Are there colleges who consistently get kids from a certain HS? I mean we have 2 from OSL now and at least 2 high level players in Ibine and Jacquan are coming up soon.


Great question, and I'm glad Making Plays chimed in because I was racking my brain over this. I thought DeMatha may have been one for Georgetown or Maryland, but I think their kids were fairly spread out. Maybe Miami Senior High would have been one, but I think the Hurricanes may have sucked at basketball when Miami Senior was in its heyday. Feel like the Longhorns may have had a lot of success with Duncanville or Lincoln in Dallas.

If we can get something consistent with both Our Savior and LuHi I'd be pretty happy, since I think they will both be top-notch for a while.

Funny that during the John Thompson era DeMatha would not send kids to GT but many to Maryland. The feud ended post JT retirement if I recall correctly. Morgan Wooten HOF HS at DeMatha & JT both had huge egos btw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Ibine Ayo Sadiku, F, Our Savior Lutheran HS 3 months 1 week ago #396249

  • SJU85
  • SJU85's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3164
  • Thank you received: 873

usguard wrote: How could SH get around to watch him more than us ,are we not closer. Didn’t like that they are perhaps working harder on this player but have no idea where we are with him


Considering that two of his High School teammates are freshman here this year, I would think that the staff has seen him quite a few times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia, Not an alum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ibine Ayo Sadiku, F, Our Savior Lutheran HS 3 months 1 week ago #396250

  • SJU85
  • SJU85's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3164
  • Thank you received: 873

Moose wrote: Are there colleges who consistently get kids from a certain HS? I mean we have 2 from OSL now and at least 2 high level players in Ibine and Jacquan are coming up soon.


While we didn't get as many as we would have liked and it is no longer around, in the 90's we did get kids from Rice (Lopez, Gray, Glover, Cuffe)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ibine Ayo Sadiku, F, Our Savior Lutheran HS 3 months 1 week ago #396251

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 27689
  • Thank you received: 20896
Riverside Church obviously a fertile area for Johnnies for years no matter the high school.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85, jackfro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ibine Ayo Sadiku, F, Our Savior Lutheran HS 3 months 1 week ago #396252

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 11172
  • Thank you received: 4496

Paultzman wrote: Riverside Church obviously a fertile area for Johnnies for years no matter the high school.


Do you recall the most amount of players on a team at one time? 2 I've seen I'm sure. 3 maybe? 4??? Just curious.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ibine Ayo Sadiku, F, Our Savior Lutheran HS 3 months 1 week ago #396253

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 27689
  • Thank you received: 20896

Moose wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Riverside Church obviously a fertile area for Johnnies for years no matter the high school.



Do you recall the most amount of players on a team at one time? 2 I've seen I'm sure. 3 maybe? 4??? Just curious.


nypost.com/1999/01/22/artests-aau-team-dared-to-be-great/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ibine Ayo Sadiku, F, Our Savior Lutheran HS 3 months 1 week ago #396254

  • Not an alum
  • Not an alum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 75
  • Thank you received: 84
Barkley, Gray, Glover, Artest

Squad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ibine Ayo Sadiku, F, Our Savior Lutheran HS 3 months 1 week ago #396266

  • bamafan
  • bamafan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6821
  • Thank you received: 2464

Paultzman wrote:

Moose wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Riverside Church obviously a fertile area for Johnnies for years no matter the high school.



Do you recall the most amount of players on a team at one time? 2 I've seen I'm sure. 3 maybe? 4??? Just curious.


nypost.com/1999/01/22/artests-aau-team-dared-to-be-great/

With Brand on our team think we win the natty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, SJU85, fuchsia, L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ibine Ayo Sadiku, F, Our Savior Lutheran HS 3 months 1 week ago #396269

  • Las Vegan
  • Las Vegan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 785
  • Thank you received: 337

bamafan wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

Moose wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Riverside Church obviously a fertile area for Johnnies for years no matter the high school.



Do you recall the most amount of players on a team at one time? 2 I've seen I'm sure. 3 maybe? 4??? Just curious.


nypost.com/1999/01/22/artests-aau-team-dared-to-be-great/

With Brand on our team think we win the natty.


Agreed, take him off Duke and on STJ, and we beat Uconn for championship. Hell, just a healthy Ty Grant and we would have had a shot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ibine Ayo Sadiku, F, Our Savior Lutheran HS 3 months 1 week ago #396281

  • austour
  • austour's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5769
  • Thank you received: 1116

Not an alum wrote: Barkley, Gray, Glover, Artest

Squad


If they had completed the roster getting Elton Brand? Oh to dream.


Sorry, hadn't read the article or the pursuant posts. Let's just say I agree with some fellow posters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by austour.
Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight