Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Bernie Madoff Update 3 months 2 weeks ago #435721

• Spocky Ramone
  • Spocky Ramone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 573
Like Generalisimo Francisco Franco, he’s still dead, but his legacy lives on!

O Great St. Joseph of Cupertino who while on earth did obtain from God the grace to be asked at your examination only the questions you knew, obtain for me a like favour in the examinations for which I am now preparing. In return I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bernie Madoff Update 3 months 2 weeks ago #435753

• Spocky Ramone
  • Spocky Ramone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 573

Video at the link.
O Great St. Joseph of Cupertino who while on earth did obtain from God the grace to be asked at your examination only the questions you knew, obtain for me a like favour in the examinations for which I am now preparing. In return I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Last edit: by Spocky Ramone.

Bernie Madoff Update 3 months 2 weeks ago #435807

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 5423
Actually the deal made all the sense in the world for both parties.   Wilpon was making double digit return on paper, and the interest on the deferred payments to Bonilla was far less.   Bonilla for his part, did a very smart thing.  Many athletes piss away big paydays as active players.    The number of former NBA players bankrupt just 5 years after retiring is staggering.   Bonilla deferred a big chunk never to have to worry about it.   

Because Madoff ran an immense Ponzi scheme with virtually no oversight, Wilpon was suckered in.   Whether Bonilla hit .250 or .330 is irrelevant.    The math behind the deal was faulty because Madoff was stealing from Wilpon and thousands of others.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrooklynRed

• Page:
Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight