lawmanfan post=430500 wrote:

SJU85 post=430489 wrote:

l wrote:

My music taste has a wide range.

Mine as well - but you still have to drop some Yacht Rock in there

what the hell is yacht rock??? 

dont ask think scarves and nasty cologne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yacht Rock 1 week 22 hours ago #430551

• SJU85
  • Thank you received: 1194

firestorm post=430533 wrote:

espken post=430517 wrote:

Monte post=430511 wrote:

Blame the mod for taking it off topic 

Although I always liked Manhattan Transfer (Portal) .

My post regarding the meaning of the song was on topic. I can't take responsibility what happened after that. 

What a Fool Believes: a classic -- and the theme song of every optimistic St. John's basketball fan for the past 36 years. 

Now that's bringing it back on topic especially with the hopes and dreams we have of landing some of these stud transfers.

Yacht Rock 1 week 22 hours ago #430553

• lawmanfan
  • Thank you received: 1780
Ok so now that we are back on topic

Monte- think Steely Dan, Fleetwood Mac, Earth Wind & Fire, the Commodores, late Doobie Bros, Christopher Cross (yech), Loggins & Messina and then all those bands you've forgotten about like Toto, Ambrosia, Firefall, Player, 10cc, that creepy Benny Mardones song (into the night).  If you get Sirius XM there's a Yacht Rock station if that's your jam.

To be clear it's a small portion of my musical catalogue (at last check before i mostly migrated to streaming my ipod had 6,500 songs on it), but it's almost always good for a smile.  It's like a mini-cannoli after a nice meal, if you know what I mean.

Yacht Rock 1 week 19 hours ago #430577

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 5797

lawmanfan post=430553 wrote: Ok so now that we are back on topic

Monte- think Steely Dan, Fleetwood Mac, Earth Wind & Fire, the Commodores, late Doobie Bros, Christopher Cross (yech), Loggins & Messina and then all those bands you've forgotten about like Toto, Ambrosia, Firefall, Player, 10cc, that creepy Benny Mardones song (into the night).  If you get Sirius XM there's a Yacht Rock station if that's your jam.

To be clear it's a small portion of my musical catalogue (at last check before i mostly migrated to streaming my ipod had 6,500 songs on it), but it's almost always good for a smile.  It's like a mini-cannoli after a nice meal, if you know what I mean.

I think I get the whole premise, but I think an invite on your yacht-with yacht rock blaring over the coins system-this summer, assuming you don't keep it docked in St Bart's, and I'll really understand what the appeal is. I'll bring the cannolis....and Ill leave the gun. 

Yacht Rock 1 week 18 hours ago #430589

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 3195

Monte post=430577 wrote:

lawmanfan post=430553 wrote: Ok so now that we are back on topic

I think I get the whole premise, but I think an invite on your yacht-with yacht rock blaring over the coins system-this summer, assuming you don't keep it docked in St Bart's, and I'll really understand what the appeal is. I'll bring the cannolis....and Ill leave the gun. 

Still a concern would be the knife strapped to your leg so may be required to wear shorts. 

Last edit: by bamafan.

Yacht Rock 6 days 17 hours ago #430787

• austour
  • Thank you received: 1198
No one has mentioned Pablo Cruise yet.  ;)

Yacht Rock 6 days 15 hours ago #430796

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 4043
This happens to be one of several Sirius stations I peruse whilst driving.

Yacht Rock 6 days 15 hours ago #430802

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 3195

MJDinkins post=430796 wrote: This happens to be one of several Sirius stations I peruse whilst driving.

In England? 
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJDinkins

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight