Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

New SJU President: Rev. Brian J. Shanley, OP, President of Providence College 4 weeks 5 hours ago #409478

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 22096
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormNC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New SJU President: Rev. Brian J. Shanley, OP, President of Providence College 4 weeks 3 hours ago #409495

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 4611

Paultzman wrote: thetablet.org/it-was-like-an-answer-to-a-prayer-for-me/

Thanks for posting this.

Does anyone know how likely it could be for Shanley to change orders if he really connects here?

This is just a fantastic, dream come true hire for St. John's. No one believed we'd hire a priest, no less someone like Shanley. On paper at least, he checks all the boxes. I'm hoping that with his charisma, he lights a fire under students and raises school spirit, connects with alumni, and becomes the leader that faculty and administration deserve. A very tall order, but suddenly we can have an outlook of being authentically Catholic, but looking to achieve excellence in all areas of the university.

New SJU President: Rev. Brian J. Shanley, OP, President of Providence College 4 days 6 hours ago #412223

• jerseyshorejohnny
  • Thank you received: 2344
Fr. Shanley / Cardinal Dolan Interview

New SJU President: Rev. Brian J. Shanley, OP, President of Providence College 3 days 23 hours ago #412275

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 1811
In other Big East,  university president news....Xavier U. announced a new one today....First lay president & female 

amp.cincinnati.com/amp/6621600002?__twitter_impression=true

New SJU President: Rev. Brian J. Shanley, OP, President of Providence College 3 days 23 hours ago #412276

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 4501

Beast of the East wrote:

Paultzman wrote: thetablet.org/it-was-like-an-answer-to-a-prayer-for-me/

Thanks for posting this.

Does anyone know how likely it could be for Shanley to change orders if he really connects here?

This is just a fantastic, dream come true hire for St. John's. No one believed we'd hire a priest, no less someone like Shanley. On paper at least, he checks all the boxes. I'm hoping that with his charisma, he lights a fire under students and raises school spirit, connects with alumni, and becomes the leader that faculty and administration deserve. A very tall order, but suddenly we can have an outlook of being authentically Catholic, but looking to achieve excellence in all areas of the university.

I don't think he actually needs to change orders, I believe all he needs to do is identify as a Vincentian lol 

New SJU President: Rev. Brian J. Shanley, OP, President of Providence College 3 days 22 hours ago #412280

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 2677

RedStormNC wrote: In other Big East,  university president news....Xavier U. announced a new one today....First lay president & female 

amp.cincinnati.com/amp/6621600002?__twitter_impression=true

That's a sexist remark RedStormNC. I''m surprised at you. That's not like you. LOL

The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, mjmaherjr, Beast of the East, RedStormNC

Last edit: by bamafan.

New SJU President: Rev. Brian J. Shanley, OP, President of Providence College 3 days 20 hours ago #412286

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 4611
That's really funny Bama.  I missed it the first time I read your comment.    Lol

You too Monte.  Do Vincentians and Dominicans use different bathrooms?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, bamafan

Last edit: by Beast of the East.

New SJU President: Rev. Brian J. Shanley, OP, President of Providence College 3 days 20 hours ago #412287

• mjmaherjr
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 5605

Beast of the East wrote: That's really funny Bama.  I missed it the first time I read your comment.    Lol

You too Monte.  Do Vincentians and Dominicans use different bathrooms?

Not sure but there is a huge difference in how they cook chicken
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, BrookJersey Redmen, RedStormNC

New SJU President: Rev. Brian J. Shanley, OP, President of Providence College 3 days 20 hours ago #412288

• mjmaherjr
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 5605
BTW mark this day or night down in history SJUFAN2. Tonight I just figured out how to use the quote thing ( from my computer not sure if phone is different ) but in the mjmaherjr world of hating technology this and getting rid of my flip phone 3 years ago and learning how to use Zelle 3 weeks ago right up their with landing on the moon in significance
The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2, BrookJersey Redmen, RedStormNC

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.
Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight