Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SJU Professor found guilty of harassment 1 week 20 hours ago #399814

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 3437

Mike Zaun wrote: Found the story here:
www.nbcnewyork.com/news/st-johns-profess...vestigation/2613808/

Sounds like the professor had a slight lapse of judgement by today's standards, but clearly his intent was to have his students think critically about the different perspectives of the terrible topic. Merely discussing different POV's from a historic sense does not equate to condoning it personally. We are in a period of hysteria and witch hunts, many of which are based on complete fabrication or at best, misunderstanding. Today in America, the more feigned outrage you show, the more virtuous you are. It's crazy, because just the opposite is true.

Funny how so many of the same people who claim to want a "dialogue", are the same ones who want to shut down anyone who doesn't completely agree with them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising, ctstorm, bamafan, Mike Zaun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SJU Professor found guilty of harassment 1 week 19 hours ago #399817

• Spocky Ramone
  • Thank you received: 477

Beast of the East wrote:

Monte wrote:

bamafan wrote: Learned today that it is no longer acceptable to use the term "sexual preference" as it is offensive to the LGBT community. Wish I would have gotten the memo. Guess I no longer will be able to tell my wife what I prefer, will just have to settle for pot luck. (Hope "pot luck" isn't a newly labeled offensive term).

It's amazing to me what society "tolerates" and what they don't. A lot of hypocrisy there. And let me just say this about the theater world, there are no bigger hypocrites anywhere on the face of this planet. Some of them are some of the most judgmental and intolerant people that I have ever met.

Posts removed. Topic should be deleted or frozen. Some people here don't know what's at stake for the university at large.

Or perhaps larger than the university
I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace; that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress - K.I.T.T., “1776”
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrookJersey Redmen, Mike Zaun

SJU Professor found guilty of harassment 1 week 18 hours ago #399820

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 3354
Bit of a tangent here, but at the middle school and high school levels, I think role plays are an awesome way to make the material come to life for students. But it doesn't seem like you can get away with it anymore if classmates would equate acting with real life. I certainly wouldn't want to play a slaveholder being forced to defend my position if some classmates were looking to kill me after class for something that I know is an atrocity. Not sure education is always supposed to be comfortable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Zaun

SJU Professor found guilty of harassment 1 week 15 hours ago #399822

• Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1757
I’m going to reassess my contributions to St. John’s. This is unacceptable.

SJU Professor found guilty of harassment 1 week 14 hours ago #399823

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 3437

Beast of the East wrote:

Monte wrote:

bamafan wrote: Learned today that it is no longer acceptable to use the term "sexual preference" as it is offensive to the LGBT community. Wish I would have gotten the memo. Guess I no longer will be able to tell my wife what I prefer, will just have to settle for pot luck. (Hope "pot luck" isn't a newly labeled offensive term).

It's amazing to me what society "tolerates" and what they don't. A lot of hypocrisy there. And let me just say this about the theater world, there are no bigger hypocrites anywhere on the face of this planet. Some of them are some of the most judgmental and intolerant people that I have ever met.

Posts removed. Topic should be deleted or frozen. Some people here don't know what's at stake for the university at large.

With all due respect Beast, maybe if there is so much at stake for the school, then they should reconsider their actions. And as alum, we have every right to voice our unhappiness. The same exact thing is going on at Xavier High School right now. There are a lot of very unhappy alum who have banded together and let the administration know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising, bamafan

Last edit: by Monte.

SJU Professor found guilty of harassment 1 week 14 hours ago #399824

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 4118
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

SJU Professor found guilty of harassment 1 week 13 hours ago #399825

• bamafan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2382

Beast of the East wrote: www.thecollegefix.com/professor-found-gu...s-been-good-overall/

Radical Social Justice Warriors sounds like a lovely little group. Can non students join? Glad I attended college in the 70's because I don't think I could stomach the bullshit that goes on today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, section10, RedStormRising, Knight, Mike Zaun

SJU Professor found guilty of harassment 1 week 9 hours ago #399826

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 4118

Monte wrote:

Beast of the East wrote:

Monte wrote:

With all due respect Beast, maybe if there is so much at stake for the school, then they should reconsider their actions. And as alum, we have every right to voice our unhappiness. The same exact thing is going on at Xavier High School right now. There are a lot of very unhappy alum who have banded together and let the administration know about it.

drive.google.com/file/d/1cLWbk23SxJ-U2r30s6hDK6pT7xggQWj-/view

I would ask that anyone concerned about this potential firing, should carefully read all facts as presented, and express your concern by writing Interim Dean Gina Florio, floriog@stjohns.edu , who will let Professor Taylor know his fate on Friday, Dr. Gempeshaw, or William J. Janetschek , chairman of the board of trustees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Mike Zaun

Last edit: by Beast of the East.

SJU Professor found guilty of harassment 1 week 8 hours ago #399828

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1421

bamafan wrote:

Beast of the East wrote: www.thecollegefix.com/professor-found-gu...s-been-good-overall/

Radical Social Justice Warriors sounds like a lovely little group. Can non students join? Glad I attended college in the 70's because I don't think I could stomach the bullshit that goes on today.

IMO, the problem is that these absurd SJW views which are easily debunked in many cases, are implied to be correct because the media goes along with it. If you watch CNN, what used to be crazy liberal talking points outside the mainstream is now on mainstream CNN. What used to be crazy university stuff is now on Main St. Liberals own every institution in this country. Media, education, hollywood, etc. Them backing this stuff makes regular people assume SJW talking points are factual. Watch Douglas Murray if you think SJW points have any legitimacy. He demolishes this world view.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising

Last edit: by Mike Zaun.

SJU Professor found guilty of harassment 1 week 6 hours ago #399830

• Brian3
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 36
im confused..... were posts removed from this thread?

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight