Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 week 2 days ago #394989

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 4856
it's 3 years old but the John Lewis Documentary called " get in the way " on abs is excellent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 week 2 days ago #395008

• Paul Massell
  • Thank you received: 2324

TX Redman wrote: Haven't seen it. Watched "Warrior Nun" on Netflix. Started out promising but got a bit convoluted at the end... There will have to be a Season 2 to tie up the loose ends.

I watched this as well. Figuring it would be the typical Davinci Code type fake Catholic stuff and it pretty much is. A few easter eggs like her love interest being "JC" I'll give it a "meh"
“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 week 2 days ago #395009

• Paul Massell

SJUFAN2 wrote: Has anyone watched "The Expanse" on Amazon Prime?

I started this when it was a SciFi channel show. It is decent. Got a Canadian cast quality to it but some good plot twists and turns.

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 week 2 days ago #395010

• Paul Massell
I can't remember if this is the thread where we were posting Beer related stuff but Maher=Beer, Maher=Lobster, so OK. What a weird summer that I've spent eating hot bone broth on hot days for health purposes and drinking Russian Imperial Stouts for mental health purposes. Gotta say, which I think I said before, I absolutely love the Northcoast Brewing Russian Imperial Stout: Old Rasputin. This is like my perfect beer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, NCJohnnie

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 week 1 day ago #395033

• mjmaherjr

Paul Massell wrote: I can't remember if this is the thread where we were posting Beer related stuff but Maher=Beer, Maher=Lobster, so OK. What a weird summer that I've spent eating hot bone broth on hot days for health purposes and drinking Russian Imperial Stouts for mental health purposes. Gotta say, which I think I said before, I absolutely love the Northcoast Brewing Russian Imperial Stout: Old Rasputin. This is like my perfect beer.

oddly enough I’ve only had beer handful of times at home during the pandemic. Wine is a completely different story though might as well grow grapes in my backyard. Had very solid deconstructed made to go lobster rolls from the grocery store across from my office Friday. 8.5 claw rating
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, NCJohnnie

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 week 1 day ago #395038

• BrooklynRed
  • Thank you received: 275

Paul Massell wrote:

TX Redman wrote: Haven't seen it. Watched "Warrior Nun" on Netflix. Started out promising but got a bit convoluted at the end... There will have to be a Season 2 to tie up the loose ends.

I watched this as well. Figuring it would be the typical Davinci Code type fake Catholic stuff and it pretty much is. A few easter eggs like her love interest being "JC" I'll give it a "meh"

When I saw the title "Warrior Nun", I had nightmares of elementary school and the nuns who reveled in doling out punishment. It was both physical and psychological terror. Didn't need a horror show during Covid, so passed on this show.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 week 1 day ago #395040

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 4815
Paul Massell wrote: I can't remember if this is the thread where we were posting Beer related stuff but Maher=Beer, Maher=Lobster, so OK. What a weird summer that I've spent eating hot bone broth on hot days for health purposes and drinking Russian Imperial Stouts for mental health purposes. Gotta say, which I think I said before, I absolutely love the Northcoast Brewing Russian Imperial Stout: Old Rasputin. This is like my perfect beer.

That imperial stout looks absolutely delicious. I just googled it and as luck would have it, a craft beer place literally two miles from my house carries it. I'll have to try one or two before the summer ends. As I've gotten older I've learned that I inherited my Dad's predisposition to occasional attacks of gout, which is brought on by three of my favorite things in the world: beer, especially dark beers, red meat and some shellfish. Because of that I typically stick to pale ales which don't seem to be a problem, but that Russian Stout looks too good to pass up. Luckily lobster rolls have never triggered an attack lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, mjmaherjr, panther2

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 week 1 day ago #395042

• mjmaherjr
Forgot to post this one few weeks ago but new place in Northport called salted. Lobster rolls were real good. Bread a little dry though. Got it for takeout as we aren’t ready to start eating inside anyplace but had nice interior
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 week 1 day ago #395043

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 2275

mjmaherjr wrote: Forgot to post this one few weeks ago but new place in Northport called salted. Lobster rolls were real good. Bread a little dry though. Got it for takeout as we aren’t ready to start eating inside anyplace but had nice interior

Called that place the other day at 2:30 pm and they were out of lobster. They said after the Newsday article business has been heavy but a lobster roll place out of lobster by 2;30 on a weekday? Tried Kerber Farms in Huntington instead and it was pretty good and because we spent more than $100 they included a gift of a boxed set of pancake mix and syrup a gift value of $16.

Homeland And All Things Maher 1 week 1 day ago #395045

• mjmaherjr

bamafan wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote: Forgot to post this one few weeks ago but new place in Northport called salted. Lobster rolls were real good. Bread a little dry though. Got it for takeout as we aren’t ready to start eating inside anyplace but had nice interior

Called that place the other day at 2:30 pm and they were out of lobster. They said after the Newsday article business has been heavy but a lobster roll place out of lobster by 2;30 on a weekday? Tried Kerber Farms in Huntington instead and it was pretty good and because we spent more than $100 they included a gift of a boxed set of pancake mix and syrup a gift value of $16.

I live a mile or 2 North of Kerbers
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight