Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Homeland And All Things Maher

Homeland And All Things Maher 4 months 1 week ago #355402

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 3962

NCJohnnie wrote: Mjmaherjr wrote:Wow I'm not sure Ive had any of these. Got a lot of research o do. Had a really good one from Interboro the other day and blue moon was at the resturant doing a promotion and handing out beers and normally I like blue moon if I drink just that but trying that after the interboro was horrible. Was much easier to ask the waitress stealthily take it away and I'd buy one more interboro than ruin my tase buds with the burger

Looks like your research will require quite a bit of travel as most of these are distributed locally! I have had the one from Charlotte (No Da brewery Hop, Drop & Roll) and it is good. That is coming from someone who is not a huge IPA fan, although I do love a good pale ale (which my daughter always tells me is kind of strange). Charlotte has gotten very big on craft beer and I now have a brewpub 10 minutes from home which we visit occasionally; I have to get there on a Thursday when they have a lobster roll food truck in the afternoon!

How close are you to charlotte ? I like that town. Bunch of us here on the site were down there for the NCAA game Lavins last year. Nathalie and I ended up in the Duke hotel or should I say they ended up in our hotel. Some good food places down there.We really liked Mertz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Homeland And All Things Maher 4 months 5 days ago #355734

• SI1996
  • Thank you received: 244
perpetual grace on epix is a good watch.

Homeland And All Things Maher 4 months 5 days ago #355750

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 3757
mjmaherjr wrote: How close are you to charlotte ? I like that town. Bunch of us here on the site were down there for the NCAA game Lavins last year. Nathalie and I ended up in the Duke hotel or should I say they ended up in our hotel. Some good food places down there.We really liked Mertz

Just saw this. I am north of Charlotte, about a 40-45 minutes drive w/o traffic; was about the same distance from NYC when we lived in Jersey. I also like Charlotte, but we only get in there 3 or 4 times a year, usually to see a play or concert and either brunch or an early dinner. Haven't been to Merts but there are a lot of good restaurants in that part of town - 5 Church has a really good Sunday brunch. There is also an active craft brewpub scene in Charlotte, but I prefer going to the one or two near me where I don't have the long drive home. There has been talk since we moved here of extending a light rail from Charlotte out to Lake Norman area but I don't think it will happen in the next 10 years...
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Homeland And All Things Maher 4 months 5 days ago #355755

• gman
  • Thank you received: 675

NCJohnnie wrote: mjmaherjr wrote: How close are you to charlotte ? I like that town. Bunch of us here on the site were down there for the NCAA game Lavins last year. Nathalie and I ended up in the Duke hotel or should I say they ended up in our hotel. Some good food places down there.We really liked Mertz

Just saw this. I am north of Charlotte, about a 40-45 minutes drive w/o traffic; was about the same distance from NYC when we lived in Jersey. I also like Charlotte, but we only get in there 3 or 4 times a year, usually to see a play or concert and either brunch or an early dinner. Haven't been to Merts but there are a lot of good restaurants in that part of town - 5 Church has a really good Sunday brunch. There is also an active craft brewpub scene in Charlotte, but I prefer going to the one or two near me where I don't have the long drive home. There has been talk since we moved here of extending a light rail from Charlotte out to Lake Norman area but I don't think it will happen in the next 10 years...

Lake Norman is great. I had a buddies who parents lived in Mooresville right on the lake.

Homeland And All Things Maher 4 months 5 days ago #355758

• NCJohnnie
Gman wrote: Lake Norman is great. I had a buddies who parents lived in Mooresville right on the lake.

That's where we live - Mooresville, right off Brawley School Road which is kind of a main drag. My son and I went fishing on a charter on Lake Norman last week. Didn't catch a lot of fish, but it was a beautiful early morning on the lake.

Homeland And All Things Maher 4 months 4 days ago #355873

• mjmaherjr
The much anticipated return of Beverly Hills 90210 tonight on fox. Used to have big crush on Jennie Garth

Homeland And All Things Maher 3 months 3 weeks ago #356280

• mjmaherjr
New 10 part show on HBO called our boys about the 3 israeli kids who got killed then the palestinian kid who got killed and then the subsequent start of the war into Gaza. 2 episodes so far all subtitles. Episode 1 slow but definitely starts getting interesting episode 2

Homeland And All Things Maher 3 months 3 weeks ago #356281

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 1755
Watched it and agree.

Homeland And All Things Maher 3 months 1 week ago #356995

• NCJohnnie
Heading up to NYC tomorrow for a few days to see my daughters and getting to U.S. Open Friday afternoon. My wife and her sister arranged for us to meet up at Hudson Yards Saturday during the day; I suspect it's mainly a huge shopping mall, but as I'm getting a pass to meet up with some very old friends at Connolly's Friday night, I'll have to go along.
Does anyone have a recommendation on a good place to grab lunch in Hudson Yards?

Homeland And All Things Maher 3 months 1 week ago #357004

• mjmaherjr

NCJohnnie wrote: Heading up to NYC tomorrow for a few days to see my daughters and getting to U.S. Open Friday afternoon. My wife and her sister arranged for us to meet up at Hudson Yards Saturday during the day; I suspect it's mainly a huge shopping mall, but as I'm getting a pass to meet up with some very old friends at Connolly's Friday night, I'll have to go along.
Does anyone have a recommendation on a good place to grab lunch in Hudson Yards?

was at US Open monday. Chance I go friday if I can get out of work if I do I'll let you know. At Hudson Yards the Vessel is actually very cool to walk around. The mall overpriced. Went to Milos and costa arm and a leg. There was definitely a wine bar in there I think on that floor where you could go and have some good views I just dont remember the name
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight