Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Knicks 2 months 1 day ago #434669

• thetux1
  • Thank you received: 137
Team was totally exposed.  Need shooters a playmaking PG and so much more.  Sorry but randle doesn’t deserve a max contract.  I’d look to move him
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJDinkins, JohnnyFan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Knicks 2 months 1 day ago #434676

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 4084

thetux1 post=434669 wrote: Team was totally exposed.  Need shooters a playmaking PG and so much more.  Sorry but randle doesn’t deserve a max contract.  I’d look to move him

I thought the Knicks overachieved this season, and like you said, was exposed in the playoffs.  I think they're a couple of solid players away from really making noise in the playoffs.  

One of my childhood friends said the same thing last night, regarding Randle.  He said, he would look to move him after the season.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Knicks 2 months 1 day ago #434678

• lawmanfan
  • Thank you received: 1937
To me the main storyline of the series is that the Hawks had a lot of options (and used them all) to stop the Knicks best player) while the Knicks had nobody to stop the Hawks best player.  Atlanta was able to throw a whole lot of long bodies at Randle to prevent him from taking over the game, and the Knicks didn't have enough offensive firepower elsewhere on the roster to make up for that.  Barrett is not an A-list player.  Rose is a total pro, but he can't be your bellcow.  Quickley isn't ready.  And Randle is good, but he isn't LeBron.

Meanwhile, Atlanta has a whole bunch of good pieces around Trae Young, and the Knicks just didn't have a guard who was capable of playing with him.  Personally I would have tried to attack him at the other end of the floor either by playing Quickley more or trying to iso him, but I"m not going to second-guess Thibs, he's an excellent coach.

Knicks need to add a top-flight point guard and upgrade some of the other pieces, plus get development from Barrett, Quickley, Toppin.  Lonzo Ball might be a good option for them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, shamsman2

Knicks 2 months 1 day ago #434679

• mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 7278
I have to see who is available FA wise but I wouldn’t blow money on Paul as a stop gap Ball might be my first choice but I’d be fine taking a less expensive option like dinwiddie
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Knicks 2 months 1 day ago #434680

• mjmaherjr
  • Away
Barrett only 20 so I’m not writing him off he will get better. Personally I’d keep Randall. Had a horrible series but you learn from things like this 
The following user(s) said Thank You: MainMan, bamafan, shamsman2, Andrew

Knicks 2 months 1 day ago #434681

• MainMan
  • Thank you received: 1208

mjmaherjr post=434680 wrote: Barrett only 20 so I’m not writing him off he will get better. Personally I’d keep Randall. Had a horrible series but you learn from things like this 

Randle had one of the best regular seasons in the history of the Knicks and a putrid playoffs. He'll come back with something to prove. The guy has shown he can become very hungry, very motivated.

No need to overhaul. We actually have the makings of something good for the first time since Melo. 

But PG/SG have to be priorities in the offseason. I like Ball a lot. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Knicks 2 months 1 day ago #434682

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 430
You add a top PG, or at least a good young PG with potential, and it becomes a different team. That will make Randle and RJ even better. 

Writing off RJ is a mistake for anyone who does that. He is a baby still. A notorious hard worker. Look how much he improved in one year. I think he’s the type who can go up another level for sure and he seems to have the work ethic and desire to do that. We’ve seen Randle go up a level through work, no reason RJ cannot. 

Randle played like a 1A this year during the regular season but everyone knows he’s not that. Put another really good play making guard with him, that series looks much different. I wouldn’t be inclined to give Randle the max money he might be eligible to get, but there should be a middle ground where you can retain him for a few years without doing so. 

Knicks 2 months 1 day ago #434686

• mjmaherjr
  • Away
Knicks will have a lot of cap space. Their free agents that I want back are Rose Gibson Bullock. I think Noel will get more money to go ejsewhere and we have Robinson coming back. Burks will probably get more money elsewhere. Payton can go we need another PG. team has option in Randall for 20 mill so he will be back then they can work on extension. Everyone says it’s a really deep draft and they have I think 2 later middle first rounders so hopefully some good talent there
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Knicks 2 months 1 day ago #434704

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 6614
mjmaherjr wrote:

Knicks will have a lot of cap space. Their free agents that I want back are Rose Gibson Bullock. I think Noel will get more money to go ejsewhere and we have Robinson coming back. Burks will probably get more money elsewhere. Payton can go we need another PG. team has option in Randall for 20 mill so he will be back then they can work on extension. Everyone says it’s a really deep draft and they have I think 2 later middle first rounders so hopefully some good talent there

I think we won two coin tosses on draft picks so wound up with 1st round picks 19 and 21. One of those has to be a point guard and the other either a shooting/combo guard or center.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Knicks 1 month 4 weeks ago #434771

• L J S A
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 4481
If the money worked, the Warriors would probably part with Wiggins for a bunch of lesser players coming back their way if the Knicks sweetened the pot with a 1st rounder. 

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight