Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Volleyball Coach Joanne Persico

Volleyball Coach Joanne Persico 1 week 3 hours ago #372093

• MarkRedman
  • MarkRedman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1702
Coach Persico was recently honored at halftime of a game at MSG for achieving 500 wins in her coaching career. While volleyball isn't discussed very much on this site, I thought this was worthy of mention.

Congrats Coach Persico on achieving this milestone in your career
I hope that you continue to do us proud for many years to come
The following user(s) said Thank You: espken, redmannorth, Beast of the East, RedStormRising, bamafan, romiSJU, RedStormNC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MarkRedman.

Volleyball Coach Joanne Persico 6 days 7 hours ago #372159

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 2975

MarkRedman wrote: Coach Persico was recently honored at halftime of a game at MSG for achieving 500 wins in her coaching career. While volleyball isn't discussed very much on this site, I thought this was worthy of mention.

She is a really nice and great person. What I found out is that trips to post season tournaments are not funded by the AD budget and they must raise their own funds. Consider writing a check to the volleyball team to help support them and in her honor, whether it be 500 nickels, dimes, quarters, or dollars.

Volleyball Coach Joanne Persico 5 days 23 hours ago #372217

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 1255

Beast of the East wrote:

MarkRedman wrote: Coach Persico was recently honored at halftime of a game at MSG for achieving 500 wins in her coaching career. While volleyball isn't discussed very much on this site, I thought this was worthy of mention.

She is a really nice and great person. What I found out is that trips to post season tournaments are not funded by the AD budget and they must raise their own funds. Consider writing a check to the volleyball team to help support them and in her honor, whether it be 500 nickels, dimes, quarters, or dollars.

Wow...that's disappointing to know that's not covered, especially when donations made to athletic departments didcretion for most pressing needs. I would think post season tournaments would be university covered.

I remember when she started the program in mid 90's and recall her coming in to talk with Coach Joe Russo frequently. She was very upbeat and energetic as I recall.

Last edit: by RedStormNC.

Volleyball Coach Joanne Persico 5 days 19 hours ago #372230

• firestorm
  • Thank you received: 247

Had a rare opportunity to be in NYC for the basketball game Saturday. Coach Persico was sitting a section over, so I had a chance to go over after the game and congratulate her on the milestone. Seems like a nice woman and obviously a successful coach.

• Page:
Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight