Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 5 days ago #435621

• section10
  • Thank you received: 417
game 78.
when dj blows 2 defensive plays in the same inning, its time for me to plan october vacations.
the announcers must have noted over a score of offensive stats, where the yanks were last or very near the bottom.
keep #99. keep #99. keep #99.
ri(s)p.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 5 days ago #435656

• Delaware
  • Thank you received: 847
I agree with Cashman this is not solely an Aaron Boone and coaching staff issue, that the players are a huge issue. It's on him too. But who's responsible for the abysmal fundamentals that this team exhibits on a daily basis? He did state correctly that this team sucks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 5 days ago #435657

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 5917

Moose post=435602 wrote: Good piece 

nypost.com/2021/06/28/why-yankees-should...aaron-judge-sherman/

The beginning of this article spells it out pretty clearly.  The Yankees haven't had a losing season since 1992.  They finished 4th only once in that time.  Meanwhile the Red Sox have finished last a number of times but seemed to use that as a jumping point to a super successful year after finishing last.  If the Yankees had done that fans would have been livid MANY times over the last 20 plus years and Cashman would have been long gone by now.  Since 1992 the Red Sox have had 6-8 GM's (some interim GM's in there). It's the chicken and the egg. Finishing with a winning record for that many straight years I would assume is a record, no?  Something to be proud of on some levels.  But yes championships is what everyone is judged by.  

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 4 days ago #435662

• section10
  • Thank you received: 417
game 79.
2021 all star kraken goes deep.
#99's reply to those that want to trade him- getty this.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delaware

Last edit: by section10.

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 4 days ago #435668

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 3587
Yankees certainly have their hitting shoes on tonight. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 4 days ago #435670

• Moose

bamafan post=435668 wrote: Yankees certainly have their hitting shoes on tonight. 

I guess when the boss comes out and publicly says you suck it wakes you up?
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10, Delaware

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 4 days ago #435676

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1457

Moose post=435657 wrote:

Moose post=435602 wrote: Good piece 

nypost.com/2021/06/28/why-yankees-should...aaron-judge-sherman/

The beginning of this article spells it out pretty clearly.  The Yankees haven't had a losing season since 1992.  They finished 4th only once in that time.  Meanwhile the Red Sox have finished last a number of times but seemed to use that as a jumping point to a super successful year after finishing last.  If the Yankees had done that fans would have been livid MANY times over the last 20 plus years and Cashman would have been long gone by now.  Since 1992 the Red Sox have had 6-8 GM's (some interim GM's in there). It's the chicken and the egg. Finishing with a winning record for that many straight years I would assume is a record, no?  Something to be proud of on some levels.  But yes championships is what everyone is judged by.  

It is second all time to the Yankees of 1926-64 (39 years).

One tangible thing the Red Sox have benefited from, after those bad years, are high draft picks.  They're going to pick #4 this year too, and many think it will be Jack Leiter.  

Also, if you're slated to pick in the top 10, you can sign any free agent you want, and are in no danger of losing the pick. I don't think the Yankees have picked in the top 15 since Jeter.  Very hard to build organizational depth that way, which is why the Yankees invest heavily in the foreign market.

Last edit: by SJU61982.

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 4 days ago #435677

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1457

Moose post=435670 wrote:

bamafan post=435668 wrote: Yankees certainly have their hitting shoes on tonight. 

That, and the fact that the Yankees were facing a lefty who wasn't very good.  That was probably a bigger factor.

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 4 days ago #435678

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 3587

Moose post=435670 wrote:

Actually I think the memo from Stephen King to Rob Manfred on twitter where he asked the Commissioner if the Red Sox could play the Yankees every day is what lit a fire under the Yankees tonight.

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 4 days ago #435704

• Moose
Yankees win last night !

But let’s sit Judge and Gio tonight for ‘rest’ when meanwhile tomorrow is a likely wash out. Talk about poor planning. 

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight