Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 6 days ago #435577

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 2554
How about 2 years ago when people were speculating on what it would take for the Yankees to get DeGrom from the Mets.  Everyone agreed they would have to overpay and the first player the Mets would ask for is Torres and that would make the Yankees stop right there....

What has happened to Gleyber Torres?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 6 days ago #435594

• Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2604
Maybe Boone and Cashman getting extensions of their contracts will turn the tide.

Last edit: by Knight.

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 5 days ago #435602

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 5917

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 5 days ago #435603

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1457

Moose post=435602 wrote: Good piece 

nypost.com/2021/06/28/why-yankees-should...aaron-judge-sherman/

I'm open to it, but for Judge, I would need to get young, established, major leaguers, not "prospects" who are three years away.  

He would be the toughest for me to deal though, because I'd ask for a lot.

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 5 days ago #435610

• Delaware
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 847
Just another L for the losers. Man, King is bad. Always in a quick hole when he's on the mound. DJLM caught the Yankees sickness today. Every day it's something else. At bats once again a big problem. I've never seen a ML team so bad at fundamentals. Once again in the post game  Boone has no clue how to fix this mess.

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 5 days ago #435611

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 3587
I know baseball is a game where you have to play relaxed but maybe the players are taking advantage of Boone's easy going demeanor and aren't putting in the work and taking care of themselves off the field. In any case they may need a collective kick in the ass to get going. May be time or close to it to make a change with Boone, shake things up. He doesn't even try juggling the line up just to change things up. Continue to do the same things with same results. Give him some sort of ultimatum-win approximately this many games over this period of time or a change will be made. Time or it is fast approaching to show some sort of urgency. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delaware

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 5 days ago #435613

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1457

bamafan post=435611 wrote: I know baseball is a game where you have to play relaxed but maybe the players are taking advantage of Boone's easy going demeanor and aren't putting in the work and taking care of themselves off the field. In any case they may need a collective kick in the ass to get going. May be time or close to it to make a change with Boone, shake things up. He doesn't even try juggling the line up just to change things up. Continue to do the same things with same results. Give him some sort of ultimatum-win approximately this many games over this period of time or a change will be made. Time or it is fast approaching to show some sort of urgency. 

What changes in the lineup is he going to make?  

He only has four bench players.  One is the backup catcher, one is a second baseman who can't field and is batting under .200, and another is a very fast guy who can't steal first (Wade).

Just changing the order probably won't accomplish much.  In an American League lineup, it's nearly impossible to hide your struggling hitter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10, Moose

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 5 days ago #435614

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 3587

SJU61982 post=435613 wrote:

bamafan post=435611 wrote: I know baseball is a game where you have to play relaxed but maybe the players are taking advantage of Boone's easy going demeanor and aren't putting in the work and taking care of themselves off the field. In any case they may need a collective kick in the ass to get going. May be time or close to it to make a change with Boone, shake things up. He doesn't even try juggling the line up just to change things up. Continue to do the same things with same results. Give him some sort of ultimatum-win approximately this many games over this period of time or a change will be made. Time or it is fast approaching to show some sort of urgency. 

What changes in the lineup is he going to make?  

He only has four bench players.  One is the backup catcher, one is a second baseman who can't field and is batting under .200, and another is a very fast guy who can't steal first (Wade).

Just changing the order probably won't accomplish much.  In an American League lineup, it's nearly impossible to hide your struggling hitter.

They used to invert the line up or pick the line up out of a hat. It might loosen the players up. Do something, anything, manage the game in your skivvies. Beats walking off the field at least in most people's opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

Last edit: by bamafan.

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 5 days ago #435615

• ctstorm
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 289

Unfortuantelybamafan post=435611 wrote: I know baseball is a game where you have to play relaxed but maybe the players are taking advantage of Boone's easy going demeanor and aren't putting in the work and taking care of themselves off the field. In any case they may need a collective kick in the ass to get going. May be time or close to it to make a change with Boone, shake things up. He doesn't even try juggling the line up just to change things up. Continue to do the same things with same results. Give him some sort of ultimatum-win approximately this many games over this period of time or a change will be made. Time or it is fast approaching to show some sort of urgency. 

Unfortunately, Billy Martin is not currently available, but I generally agree with you. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 5 days ago #435619

• Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2604
Front office is the origin of this flop.  Cashman hired the manager and assembled these players.
Time to fire the boss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight