Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 1 week ago #435540

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1457

SJUFAN2 post=435534 wrote:

SJU61982 post=435533 wrote:

SJUFAN2 post=435531 wrote:

SJU61982 post=435512 wrote: We may be getting to the point soon today, where Boone might want to just pull his team off the field.

As each inning goes by, we get more and more frustrated, while Boston's confidence continues to soar.  At some point, he has to realize that his team is getting nothing out of this.

I missed the game.   Can you elaborate on this?  Did something happen that would have endangered the players?   Was there a fight?   

Anyone? 

No, no fights.

Just a general point about the Red Sox being so up, and us being so down, that it was snowballing.

Oh.   So you just wanted them to walk off the field and forfeit?  

If it got much worse then it looked like it was going to be, then yes.  They actually sent the tying run up in the 7th, so that didn't happen, but it looked like we were heading for a 15 run loss for a bit there, and at some point, if that happened, I would have pulled the plug.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 6 days ago #435550

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 3587
Where have you seen any pro team in any sport pull the team off the field because they were getting their asses kicked? That may be what you would do but no sane manager or coach would even consider doing that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10, Moose

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 6 days ago #435551

• SJU61982

bamafan post=435550 wrote: Where have you seen any pro team in any sport pull the team off the field because they were getting their asses kicked? That may be what you would do but no sane manager or coach would even consider doing that.

It would be unprecedented, and FTR, it didn't get anywhere close to that point today, but man it just looked like playing this game, especially in the early innings, was doing the team no good (and doing the Red Sox a lot of good) in ways that went beyond the scoreboard.

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 6 days ago #435556

• SJUFAN2
  • Thank you received: 1789

SJU61982 post=435540 wrote:

SJUFAN2 post=435534 wrote:

SJU61982 post=435533 wrote:

SJUFAN2 post=435531 wrote:

SJU61982 post=435512 wrote: We may be getting to the point soon today, where Boone might want to just pull his team off the field.

As each inning goes by, we get more and more frustrated, while Boston's confidence continues to soar.  At some point, he has to realize that his team is getting nothing out of this.

I missed the game.   Can you elaborate on this?  Did something happen that would have endangered the players?   Was there a fight?   

Anyone? 

No, no fights.

Just a general point about the Red Sox being so up, and us being so down, that it was snowballing.

Oh.   So you just wanted them to walk off the field and forfeit?  

If it got much worse then it looked like it was going to be, then yes.  They actually sent the tying run up in the 7th, so that didn't happen, but it looked like we were heading for a 15 run loss for a bit there, and at some point, if that happened, I would have pulled the plug.

THE flagship sports franchise on a global level.  27 Championships and 40 AL pennants in a 110 years.   50+ players & personnel in the HOF...
And you want them to walk off the field and quit because in the midst of a RARE bad year they were getting their asses kicked by their rival??

The absurdity of that suggestion is off the charts and only serves to reaffirm the opinion the rest of the baseball universe has that many of my fellow Yankee fans are spoiled beyond belief.   

The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

Last edit: by SJUFAN2.

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 6 days ago #435558

• section10
  • Thank you received: 417
game 77.
broken record time - the yankee starter gets rocked again. spin that.
redsox vs yankees.
sox score many more runs.
sox team speed way better than yanks.
sox infield defense way better than yanks infield.
sox outfield has arms. yanks have judge.
but sox have adam oh no, yanks have kriske.
sox have verdugo. yanks have red thunder and gardy.
i believe gardy was signed on one of the last days of spring training.
i guess the yanks looked around and picked up one of the few available crumbs.
game turned when with bases loaded and one out, dj ked looking, then #99 popped out.
time is tick tocking away, before you know its the start of another game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delaware

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 6 days ago #435559

• SJUFAN2
  • Thank you received: 1789

section10 post=435558 wrote: game 77.
broken record time - the yankee starter gets rocked again. spin that.
redsox vs yankees.
sox score many more runs.
sox team speed way better than yanks.
sox infield defense way better than yanks infield.
sox outfield has arms. yanks have judge.
but sox have adam oh no, yanks have kriske.
sox have verdugo. yanks have red thunder and gardy.
i believe gardy was signed on one of the last days of spring training.
i guess the yanks looked around and picked up one of the few available crumbs.
game turned when with bases loaded and one out, dj ked looking, then #99 popped out.
time is tick tocking away, before you know its the start of another game.

I think you should do each of these write ups as a Haiku Poem.

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 6 days ago #435560

• section10
  • Thank you received: 417
full disclosure - song that steve post of wbai played when he signed off for the night.

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 6 days ago #435569

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 2554
I don't see this happening this year.  I mean you are struggling and now you lose 3 straight starts from your ace-Cole.  Get swept AGAIN by the Red Sox.  And the pitcher they had out there yesterday for crying out loud SUCKS.  I mean you have your stud, they put out a sacrificial lamb, you need the game BADLY to avoid a sweep and you lose worse then you did the first 2 games?

This is starting to remind me of the Mets in 2015 with their pitching staff wrt to the Torres, Sanchez, Judge, Andujar, Frazier etc.  The Mets had the staff for the next 10 years (Harvey, Syndergaard, Matz and DeGrom).  Never ultimately materialized and DeGrom is the only one that has lived up to and surpassed the potential.  The Yankees looked like they had a core that was going to dominate the AL.  Now?

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 6 days ago #435570

• SJU61982

fordham96 post=435569 wrote: I don't see this happening this year.  I mean you are struggling and now you lose 3 straight starts from your ace-Cole.  Get swept AGAIN by the Red Sox.  And the pitcher they had out there yesterday for crying out loud SUCKS.  I mean you have your stud, they put out a sacrificial lamb, you need the game BADLY to avoid a sweep and you lose worse then you did the first 2 games?

This is starting to remind me of the Mets in 2015 with their pitching staff wrt to the Torres, Sanchez, Judge, Andujar, Frazier etc.  The Mets had the staff for the next 10 years (Harvey, Syndergaard, Matz and DeGrom).  Never ultimately materialized and DeGrom is the only one that has lived up to and surpassed the potential.  The Yankees looked like they had a core that was going to dominate the AL.  Now?

I almost wonder if the worst thing to happen was that we tried to tank in 2017 (and the last two months of 2016), and didn't do so.  Because of that, we had to trade most of the assets we got in those deals (not to mention the fact that James Kapriliean, who we had, was traded for Sonny Gray, when we decided to go for it the next year), and are now pretty much stuck with what we have.

If we had lost after making those trades, we'd not only would have acquired what we did, but the draft would have almost certainly given us a larger group of prospects with which to work, so even if we traded some, we'd probably still have a better core of good young players, or at least, a deeper one.

Of course, no one was thinking like this at the time.  I was probably the head cheerleader of the fact that we didn't have to go in the tank to rebuild.  But, looking back now, those results might have had a better long-term effect.

NY YANKEES - 2021 5 months 6 days ago #435571

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 5917

SJU61982 post=435570 wrote:

fordham96 post=435569 wrote: I don't see this happening this year.  I mean you are struggling and now you lose 3 straight starts from your ace-Cole.  Get swept AGAIN by the Red Sox.  And the pitcher they had out there yesterday for crying out loud SUCKS.  I mean you have your stud, they put out a sacrificial lamb, you need the game BADLY to avoid a sweep and you lose worse then you did the first 2 games?

I almost wonder if the worst thing to happen was that we tried to tank in 2017 (and the last two months of 2016), and didn't do so.  Because of that, we had to trade most of the assets we got in those deals (not to mention the fact that James Kapriliean, who we had, was traded for Sonny Gray, when we decided to go for it the next year), and are now pretty much stuck with what we have.

If we had lost after making those trades, we'd not only would have acquired what we did, but the draft would have almost certainly given us a larger group of prospects with which to work, so even if we traded some, we'd probably still have a better core of good young players, or at least, a deeper one.

Of course, no one was thinking like this at the time.  I was probably the head cheerleader of the fact that we didn't have to go in the tank to rebuild.  But, looking back now, those results might have had a better long-term effect.

Was waiting for someone to bring up Kaprellian.  He's been a walking medical chart since the trade.  This is literally his first healthy season since the trade.  Only pitched over 60 innings once since the trade.  Yankee fans would have long given up on him whether it was the bad Sonny Gray trade or someone else after.  They traded 3 players in that deal only now is Kaprellian showing something. Fowler and Mateo have since been moved to other teams and not batting their weight 

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight