Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

NY YANKEES - 2021 1 month 2 weeks ago #435244

• SJ_NYC
  • Thank you received: 251

Knight post=435226 wrote: How many triple plays have the Bombers turned this season?

Who else was surprised the learn that the MLB record for turning triple plays was three, by several teams, including now the Yanks.
I would have figured it'd be higher than that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NY YANKEES - 2021 1 month 1 week ago #435328

• Delaware
  • Thank you received: 738
Just another in a long line of frustrating losses this season. 0 for 10 with RISP. That is the number 1 reason this team is going no where. Some suspect defense as always, especially from Wade. Loiaziga was awful. What is up with Torres? He knew he struck out in the 9th. So at least run your ass to 1B. But he doesn't, and Gardner does what he does best, popping out. Once again this team is teasing all of us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10

NY YANKEES - 2021 1 month 1 week ago #435329

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1348

Delaware post=435328 wrote: Just another in a long line of frustrating losses this season. 0 for 10 with RISP. That is the number 1 reason this team is going no where. Some suspect defense as always, especially from Wade. Loiaziga was awful. What is up with Torres? He knew he struck out in the 9th. So at least run your ass to 1B. But he doesn't, and Gardner does what he does best, popping out. Once again this team is teasing all of us.

Torres not running was irrelevant.  Once they ruled that he swung, with a runner on first and 0 out, he's out automatically, so that was no factor in the outcome.

The press didn't ask Boone the three questions that needed to be asked, postgame.

1.  Why no Britton in the 8th, again?
2.  Why Odor for Wade in the 8th?  With the tying run on second, you just need a single.  I'm more confident in Wade getting that, then Odor.
3.  Is it bothersome that they put the winning run on to face Gardner in the 9th?  Because that should tell you the lack of respect the league has for him right now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10, Moose

NY YANKEES - 2021 1 month 1 week ago #435331

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 5625

Delaware post=435328 wrote: Just another in a long line of frustrating losses this season. 0 for 10 with RISP. That is the number 1 reason this team is going no where. Some suspect defense as always, especially from Wade. Loiaziga was awful. What is up with Torres? He knew he struck out in the 9th. So at least run your ass to 1B. But he doesn't, and Gardner does what he does best, popping out. Once again this team is teasing all of us.

The Yankees have lost 34 games this year. I think you have called 30 of them frustrating 

Also Lasagna was bad but he’s been simply amazing all year. Guys have bad days. Unfortunately tonight was one for him. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10, Delaware

Last edit: by Moose.

NY YANKEES - 2021 1 month 1 week ago #435332

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1348

Moose post=435331 wrote:

The Yankees have lost 34 games this year. I think you have called 30 of them frustrating 

Also Lasagna was bad but he’s been simply amazing all year. Guys have bad days. Unfortunately tonight was one for him. 

I believe the Yankees have the least number of 5+ run losses (by margin), so yes, most of them have been frustrating. 

I believe they also have the least number of 5+ run wins (by margin), so there have been frustrating moments, even in the wins.

Run differential is -1, and that's having scored the least amount of runs of any team in the American League (Detriot has scored one more).  We're also #2 in runs allowed (meaning we've allowed the second least, which is good).  Chicago is the only AL team that has allowed less, by a margin of 20.
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10, Moose

NY YANKEES - 2021 1 month 1 week ago #435333

• Moose
All losses are frustrating especially when you are expected to win the division! 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delaware

NY YANKEES - 2021 1 month 1 week ago #435335

• section10
  • Thank you received: 338
game 72.
wow. the responses to this tough loss have all been written in this thread with what i believe. stealing my red thunder.. 
ri(s)p. gardner. torres. wade. loaisga.
i will just add - welcome back voit. bravo voit, the starting pitcher, dj.

NY YANKEES - 2021 1 month 1 week ago #435338

• Delaware
  • Thank you received: 738
Another loss with their ace in the mound. That's big considering that King and Taillon are the starting pitchers today and tomorrow. Feeling like this series will become Tigers Part 2. The issue I have with Torres is the lack of baseball IQ in that moment. At least get your ass to 1B in the event it's not called a swing. He knew he did not foul the ball off, but chose to stand at the plate instead of hustling and perhaps making something of it. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10

NY YANKEES - 2021 1 month 1 week ago #435340

• Moose

Delaware post=435338 wrote: Another loss with their ace in the mound. That's big considering that King and Taillon are the starting pitchers today and tomorrow. Feeling like this series will become Tigers Part 2. The issue I have with Torres is the lack of baseball IQ in that moment. At least get your ass to 1B in the event it's not called a swing. He knew he did not foul the ball off, but chose to stand at the plate instead of hustling and perhaps making something of it. 

You are correct. The 8-7 record with Cole on the mound as a team is tough to swallow.  One of those statistical anomalies though.

NY YANKEES - 2021 1 month 1 week ago #435341

• SJUFAN2
  • Thank you received: 1697

SJU61982 post=435329 wrote:

Torres not running was irrelevant.  Once they ruled that he swung, with a runner on first and 0 out, he's out automatically, so that was no factor in the outcome.

The press didn't ask Boone the three questions that needed to be asked, postgame.

1.  Why no Britton in the 8th, again?
2.  Why Odor for Wade in the 8th?  With the tying run on second, you just need a single.  I'm more confident in Wade getting that, then Odor.
3.  Is it bothersome that they put the winning run on to face Gardner in the 9th?  Because that should tell you the lack of respect the league has for him right now.

Lots of factors in why Sanchez gets walked in that scenario, lack of respect for Gardner is probably last on the list.
1) Never let their hottest hitter beat you.
2) 2 outs, open base.   
3) He's slow and they can't run for him.  Will take two hits (other than a HR) to score him.
4) Gardner had two hits in the last 7 games and only two HR all season.

Sanchez gets walked in that situation 100% of the time unless he has Judge, Stanton, Voight or (maybe) DJ hitting behind him.  More about respect for Sanchez than disrespect for Gardner.  Even if he doesn't scare anyone these days.  He's still a lefty with some pop in Yankee Stadium.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight