Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2021 Mets 4 months 3 weeks ago #433163

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 3473
Mets really had their hitting shoes on!  Shut out, 2 hits, struck out 15 times. Waste another great effort by deGrom.  They should only pitch him against opposing pitchers who are total bums so hopefully the SchMets might eke out a freaking run or two. #DISGUSTING
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Spocky Ramone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bamafan.

2021 Mets 4 months 3 weeks ago #433171

• mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7439

bamafan post=433163 wrote: Mets really had their hitting shoes on!  Shut out, 2 hits, struck out 15 times. Waste another great effort by deGrom.  They should only pitch him against opposing pitchers who are total bums so hopefully the SchMets might eke out a freaking run or two. #DISGUSTING

it's really disgusting

2021 Mets 4 months 3 weeks ago #433173

• guinness77
  • Thank you received: 491
This team has no balls. Simply put. 

2021 Mets 4 months 3 weeks ago #433218

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 5423
With these softball rules on doubleheaders (7 inning games), new rules saying relief pitchers must face three batters, why not put in more little league rules and let their coaches or dads pitch to them underhanded

The following user(s) said Thank You: ctstorm, bamafan

2021 Mets 4 months 3 weeks ago #433225

• Spocky Ramone
  • Thank you received: 566

guinness77 post=433173 wrote: This team has no balls. Simply put. 

Or bats 
O Great St. Joseph of Cupertino who while on earth did obtain from God the grace to be asked at your examination only the questions you knew, obtain for me a like favour in the examinations for which I am now preparing. In return I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

2021 Mets 4 months 3 weeks ago #433226

• Spocky Ramone
  • Thank you received: 566

Beast of the East post=433218 wrote: With these softball rules on doubleheaders (7 inning games), new rules saying relief pitchers must face three batters, why not put in more little league rules and let their coaches or dads pitch to them underhanded

The way they play defense, a ground ball home run is definitely on the horizon.  Orange slices for everyone after the game!
O Great St. Joseph of Cupertino who while on earth did obtain from God the grace to be asked at your examination only the questions you knew, obtain for me a like favour in the examinations for which I am now preparing. In return I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East

2021 Mets 4 months 3 weeks ago #433228

• ctstorm
  • Thank you received: 279

Beast of the East post=433218 wrote: With these softball rules on doubleheaders (7 inning games), new rules saying relief pitchers must face three batters, why not put in more little league rules and let their coaches or dads pitch to them underhanded

At least we know the exit velocity on a ball hit to the shortstop.

2021 Mets 4 months 3 weeks ago #433230

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 5423

ctstorm post=433228 wrote:

A close relative of mine from CT just signed a letter of intent to attend Northeastern for baseball.    There is an organization Perfect Game that has national tournaments and rates every kid by all these measurable stats, including exit velocity on throws by position, etc.     It weighs heavily on recruiting and MLB draft.    This kid is projected to be drafted at some point, and already 5 teams were considering entering him in the next MLB draft.    What ever happened to a trained eye saying, "That kid can play!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: ctstorm

2021 Mets 4 months 3 weeks ago #433242

• ctstorm
  • Thank you received: 279

Beast of the East post=433230 wrote:

ctstorm post=433228 wrote:

A close relative of mine from CT just signed a letter of intent to attend Northeastern for baseball.    There is an organization Perfect Game that has national tournaments and rates every kid by all these measurable stats, including exit velocity on throws by position, etc.     It weighs heavily on recruiting and MLB draft.    This kid is projected to be drafted at some point, and already 5 teams were considering entering him in the next MLB draft.    What ever happened to a trained eye saying, "That kid can play!"

Part of the problem, I think, is that if you go by "the trained eye" you can be told you are wrong (besides being a dinosaur). But if the stats say this kid should hit .300 or will get a strike out every 2.4 batters based upon spin rate of his curve ball on sunny days in May, you can't be wrong. 

2021 Mets 4 months 3 weeks ago #433257

• Knight
  • Thank you received: 2472

Last edit: by Knight.
Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight