Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2021 Mets 5 months 5 days ago #432358

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 1335

MainMan post=432357 wrote: So far the defense up the middle with McCann and Lindor has been great. And a good job taking the series in Colorado. 

I know hitting is a rhythm and the season so far has been choppy with the COVID pause and all the rainouts, but this team has to hit better with RISP. 

Too be honest McNeil, Lindor and Conforto are off to poor starts. Nimmo is the only regular with a great start.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2021 Mets 5 months 1 day ago #432793

• mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7439
Fuck Diaz ( any true net fan knows why I had to curse )
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrooklynRed

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

2021 Mets 5 months 1 day ago #432806

• MainMan
  • Thank you received: 1241

mjmaherjr post=432793 wrote: Fuck Diaz ( any true net fan knows why I had to curse )

Game should have been over by then. 

The lack of hitting with RISP is worrisome even in April. 

2021 Mets 5 months 1 day ago #432814

• thetux1
  • Thank you received: 139
Can Francisco Lindor enter the transfer Portal

2021 Mets 5 months 16 hours ago #432867

• mjmaherjr
Not sure if I’ve ever enjoyed watching a pitcher like Jake since Doc Gooden and Jake even better although Doc if he didn’t so drugs who knows what he could have been
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrooklynRed

2021 Mets 5 months 6 hours ago #432874

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 5423

mjmaherjr post=431156 wrote: The Mets offensive abuse of Jake starts is flat out disgusting. It gets me angrier than the last 2 Norm years

It's ridiculous.  Historically in baseball, some of the best of all time had teams that would play better when they were on the mound.   They would get the guy 2 or 3 runs somehow, play good defense especially up the middle, and the great ones made it stand up.   Seaver, Koufax, Carlton come to mind.    I think deGrom would be doing the same if he was in the era of 25 complete games per season.   Even so, the Mets play putridly behind him, marring what has been a HOF career so far.

2021 Mets 5 months 5 hours ago #432875

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 5423

mjmaherjr post=432867 wrote: Not sure if I’ve ever enjoyed watching a pitcher like Jake since Doc Gooden and Jake even better although Doc if he didn’t so drugs who knows what he could have been

deGrom has Gooden stuff (when a last name begins lower case do you begin a sentence with a capital D?) but also pinpoint accuracy, and chess master like focus.    I don't know if anyone ever threw as hard with such accuracy and focus on every single pitch.   I'm starting to think that if I don't watch every single one of his starts I will regret it when his career is over.

* The good thing about shitty Mets teams, is I have been able to attend some GREAT deGrom September starts (the 9-11. Cy Young cementing performance a few years ago was one) by buying tickets behind home plate on StubHub for as little as $20-25.   Mets fans are missing something extraordinary by not packing the house each time he pitches.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface

2021 Mets 5 months 5 hours ago #432877

• mjmaherjr
Beast you are right if I miss a deGrom start I feel like I’m missing something historic. I’m definitely going to try and make more deGrom starts in person this year now that I’m fully vaccinated 

2021 Mets 5 months 3 hours ago #432885

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 1335
deGrom is Sidd Finch.

2021 Mets 5 months 2 hours ago #432886

• BrooklynRed
  • Thank you received: 476
And deGrom can hit!  Fantastic performance last night.  It was a piece of Met's history.  Jake is definitely worth the price of admission.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight