Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2021 Mets 7 months 2 weeks ago #431442

• MainMan
  • Thank you received: 1385
Good job taking the doubleheader. 
Stro looks fantastic so far, as does Nimmo. 
Lindor appears to be in a post-contract funk at the plate following a superb spring training. His fielding has been top notch tho. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MainMan.

2021 Mets 7 months 2 weeks ago #431456

• SJUNC
  • Thank you received: 254
Hitting is contagious, unfortunately so is not hitting. This team has not been sharp which is understandable based on the stops and starts. I think a month from now everyone's numbers will be where they should be. Have to be happy with starting pitching knowing that Carasco and Syndergaard should both be back for the summer.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

2021 Mets 7 months 2 weeks ago #431577

• mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 7881
first place end the season now
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT, bamafan, Andrew, BrooklynRed

2021 Mets 7 months 2 weeks ago #431581

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 1389
Overall I think the team is playing well. The starting pitching has been great and its more than the stats. Their stuff looks solid. Relief pitching will be a concern, however outside of Familia who will always scare me I see some good things. Loup and May had a tough start but will be fine. Castro has good stuff and just needs consistency. Diaz is not the closer we traded for but hopefully he can limit his bad outings. Getting back Lugo, Carasco and Syndegaard over the course of the first half of the season should solidify some of the holes. At the trade deadline we can add another solid reliever.

As for the hitting. Thankfully we didn't trade Nimmo. As he eventually cools we need Conforto and McNeil to pick it up. Those two are the most concerning in our lineup. McNeil has struggled since the second day of spring training and Conforto is just in a terrible funk.

Rojas makes some questionable decisions unless they are coming from above but seems to have a cohesive team.

If the Mets don't make the playoffs I will be disappointed. They are a step below the Dodgers and possibly the Padres but can play with the rest of the league.

Last edit: by Andrew.

2021 Mets 7 months 2 weeks ago #431583

• MainMan
I don't think Peterson will be as awful as his first start or as good as last night's gem. 
But man, if he can be a solid No. 3 what that would do to this rotation....

2021 Mets 7 months 2 weeks ago #431616

• guinness77
  • Thank you received: 528
How reputable is you gotta believe podcast? They’re teasing some big “scandal” will be revealed tomorrow. They’re supposedly run by Barstool fwiw. 

2021 Mets 7 months 2 weeks ago #431618

• MainMan
Scandals come and scandals go so long as they don't directly affect players.

Remember when we had a GM for a few weeks this winter? I legit have to Google his name. 

Last edit: by MainMan.

2021 Mets 7 months 2 weeks ago #431620

• guinness77
  • Thank you received: 528

MainMan post=431618 wrote: Scandals come and scandals go so long as they don't directly affect players.

Remember when we had a GM for a few weeks this winter? I legit have to Google his name. 

I just find it a little weird some podcast would “tease” something like this and whether they are credible at all.

2021 Mets 7 months 2 weeks ago #431885

• SI1996
  • Thank you received: 465

guinness77 post=431620 wrote:

MainMan post=431618 wrote: Scandals come and scandals go so long as they don't directly affect players.

I just find it a little weird some podcast would “tease” something like this and whether they are credible at all.

Report -- Complaints against New York Mets staffers dismissed; two more accused of inappropriate actions (espn.com)

2021 Mets 7 months 2 weeks ago #432357

• MainMan
So far the defense up the middle with McCann and Lindor has been great. And a good job taking the series in Colorado. 

I know hitting is a rhythm and the season so far has been choppy with the COVID pause and all the rainouts, but this team has to hit better with RISP. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight