Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2021 Mets 1 month 1 day ago #439237

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 2534
They did a great job with it.  Lenny Dykstra was hilarious.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2021 Mets 1 month 1 day ago #439247

• mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7531
btw we are just disgusting to watch right now
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrooklynRed

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

2021 Mets 1 month 1 day ago #439248

• gman
  • Thank you received: 993
Time to blow it up. I don’t care if any of these players are on the team next year. Nimmo and McNeil seem to be the only players who care. Go find some real baseball players who do things right.

2021 Mets 1 month 1 day ago #439269

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 3516

mjmaherjr post=439247 wrote: btw we are just disgusting to watch right now

But we do have the positive post game pressers by Rojas to look forward to.

2021 Mets 1 month 20 hours ago #439301

• BrooklynRed
  • Thank you received: 494

bamafan post=439269 wrote:

Thin Ice for Rojas.

2021 Mets 1 month 17 hours ago #439316

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 3516

BrooklynRed post=439301 wrote:

bamafan post=439269 wrote:

Thin Ice for Rojas.

Think (hopefully) the ice beneath him as already melted. Listening to him say Mets still have a realistic chance at playoffs after Wed loss when they fell 5 games behind and have to pass about 50 teams was cringe worthy.

Last edit: by bamafan.

2021 Mets 4 weeks 1 day ago #439371

• guinness77
  • Thank you received: 491
The whole doc is amazing. To learn things about that team I didn’t already know I thought was impossible. Also, the camera following Mookie from the field to the locker room after Game 6 was amazing, I’d never seen that before. 

But, that Tears for Fears montage at the end of Part 2 is my favorite part. The July 3rd game against Houston and the legendary game in Cincy with the Reagan speech and the scenes of NYC circa mid 80s is one of the best montages I’ve ever seen. If that don’t make you nostalgic, nothing will.

And…then the This Week in Baseball theme with Doc getting shelled in the ASG right after it, during the credits, is just sad. That song is like super dramatic to begin with, with all the violins and stuff, juxtaposed to a guy who’s career was (unknowingly) falling apart is something else. 

And, it also made me hate the present team just a little more. Grew up with a team that would have been in the playoffs from ‘84-‘88 if there was a WC to a team that chokes consistently. Fitting they were showing this while the present team was getting swept by STL of course. 

2021 Mets 4 weeks 1 day ago #439380

• mjmaherjr

guinness77 post=439371 wrote: The whole doc is amazing. To learn things about that team I didn’t already know I thought was impossible. Also, the camera following Mookie from the field to the locker room after Game 6 was amazing, I’d never seen that before. 

But, that Tears for Fears montage at the end of Part 2 is my favorite part. The July 3rd game against Houston and the legendary game in Cincy with the Reagan speech and the scenes of NYC circa mid 80s is one of the best montages I’ve ever seen. If that don’t make you nostalgic, nothing will.

And…then the This Week in Baseball theme with Doc getting shelled in the ASG right after it, during the credits, is just sad. That song is like super dramatic to begin with, with all the violins and stuff, juxtaposed to a guy who’s career was (unknowingly) falling apart is something else. 

And, it also made me hate the present team just a little more. Grew up with a team that would have been in the playoffs from ‘84-‘88 if there was a WC to a team that chokes consistently. Fitting they were showing this while the present team was getting swept by STL of course. 

Back then a lot of the mets lived in Port Washington. A family friend was a Port Washington Cop. Strawberry, I'm pretty sure Gooden and a bunch others lived there. They used to go to Finn MaCools a lot. He said Strawberry was a super nice guy. Back then there were some times the cops actually drove them home from the bars. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: guinness77

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

2021 Mets 3 weeks 2 days ago #439588

• mjmaherjr
This first pitch was so bad it belongs on our mets thread, I'm trying to think of the all time worst first pitches. 50 Cent, Ba Ba Booey now Conor McGregor. Oh man wtf. lol

The following user(s) said Thank You: BrooklynRed

2021 Mets 2 weeks 6 days ago #439746

• SJU85
  • Thank you received: 1346

mjmaherjr post=439588 wrote: This first pitch was so bad it belongs on our mets thread, I'm trying to think of the all time worst first pitches. 50 Cent, Ba Ba Booey now Conor McGregor. Oh man wtf. lol

Reminds me of this:

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight