Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2020 NY Mets Season

2020 NY Mets Season 2 weeks 4 days ago #375850

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 1923

Jack Williams wrote: The Cohen news is sickening. Absolutely sickening. Between this and Dolan continually running the Knicks into the ground I don’t know how much more I can take. At least the Mets have talent but ughhhhh why couldn’t The Cohen thing work out

Why? You can thank the Wilponzies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 NY Mets Season 2 weeks 4 days ago #375887

• SJUFAN2
  • Thank you received: 680

BrooklynRed wrote: Only the Wilpons can screw up the sale of a ML team. Steve Cohen deal is on life support as the Wilpons don't want to give up control. Why should he give them multi billions for seats and NO SAY??? We fans are screwed again by the Wilpons

Hard to tell what's true and not true at this point, but if the story I heard is accurate and the thing that blew up the deal was Jeff Wilpon wanting to remain as GM after Cohen took over then the Wilpons are out of their minds.

I really feel for Met fans. Nobody deserves this kind of abuse from a team owner in this city.

2020 NY Mets Season 2 weeks 2 days ago #375994

• BrooklynRed
  • Thank you received: 204

SJUFAN2 wrote:

BrooklynRed wrote: Only the Wilpons can screw up the sale of a ML team. Steve Cohen deal is on life support as the Wilpons don't want to give up control. Why should he give them multi billions for seats and NO SAY??? We fans are screwed again by the Wilpons

Hard to tell what's true and not true at this point, but if the story I heard is accurate and the thing that blew up the deal was Jeff Wilpon wanting to remain as GM after Cohen took over then the Wilpons are out of their minds.

I really feel for Met fans. Nobody deserves this kind of abuse from a team owner in this city.

Great comment in NY Times column by Michael Powell "The Wilpons call to mind that family down the street that talks of selling the old house even as they insist any new owner must let their son retain the master bedroom." His article basically says that Mets and Knicks are being killed by Nepotism. Wilpons=Dolans where the son is given the business because he is the son, regardless of ability. We are doomed until these two families fully divest themselves of NYC sports franchises.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight