Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2020 NY Mets Season 8 months 1 week ago #402339

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 7254

Spocky Ramone wrote: nypost.com/2020/11/19/steve-cohen-offers...-plan-for-mets-fans/

I am there!

I’d go to that and cheer Bonnilla because it would be so funny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

2020 NY Mets Season 8 months 1 week ago #402347

• SI1996
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 435

mjmaherjr wrote:

Spocky Ramone wrote: nypost.com/2020/11/19/steve-cohen-offers...-plan-for-mets-fans/

I am there!

I’d go to that and cheer Bonnilla because it would be so funny

Ummm can he buy the Jets as well??

2020 NY Mets Season 8 months 3 days ago #402612

• SI1996
  • Away
Morton to the Braves. I was hoping the Mets would sign him. Would have fit in nicely behind deGrom and Bauer while Thor recovers. Morton > Stroman and now cheaper also.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

2020 NY Mets Season 8 months 3 days ago #402631

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 1008

SI1996 wrote: Morton to the Braves. I was hoping the Mets would sign him. Would have fit in nicely behind deGrom and Bauer while Thor recovers. Morton > Stroman and now cheaper also.

I liked Morton as well. However, IF the Mets sign Bauer you are looking at deGrom, Bauer, Stroman, Syndergaard (when he returns) and Peterson. They will need to sign some depth like an Odorizzi type. You can’t sign everyone, I guess. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

2020 NY Mets Season 8 months 3 days ago #402647

• SI1996
  • Away

sjc88 wrote:

SI1996 wrote: Morton to the Braves. I was hoping the Mets would sign him. Would have fit in nicely behind deGrom and Bauer while Thor recovers. Morton > Stroman and now cheaper also.

I liked Morton as well. However, IF the Mets sign Bauer you are looking at deGrom, Bauer, Stroman, Syndergaard (when he returns) and Peterson. They will need to sign some depth like an Odorizzi type. You can’t sign everyone, I guess. :)

With Uncle Steve, I see Bauer as a WHEN.. not an IF :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88

2020 NY Mets Season 8 months 1 day ago #403384

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 1008

SI1996 wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

The jaded Mets fan in me will never allow the WHEN but always IF.....:lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Andrew

2020 NY Mets Season 7 months 4 weeks ago #403867

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 5419

sjc88 wrote:

SI1996 wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

I'll say three things - Paul Wilson, Jason Isringhausen, and Paul Wilson.

With the Mets something always manages to go wrong. Maybe Cohen should start wearing a bow tie. That didn't work out badly.

2020 NY Mets Season 7 months 4 weeks ago #403870

• Spocky Ramone
  • Spocky Ramone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 552

Beast of the East wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

SI1996 wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

With the Mets something always manages to go wrong. Maybe Cohen should start wearing a bow tie. That didn't work out badly.

Young Guns!

Don’t forget about their forerunner Tim Leary
O Great St. Joseph of Cupertino who while on earth did obtain from God the grace to be asked at your examination only the questions you knew, obtain for me a like favour in the examinations for which I am now preparing. In return I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

2020 NY Mets Season 7 months 4 weeks ago #403873

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 5419

Spocky Ramone wrote:

Beast of the East wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

SI1996 wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

Young Guns!

Don’t forget about their forerunner Tim Leary

Great memory. I was going to throw him in there. He was so compared to Tom Seaver in almost every positive way - talented, focused, cerebral, wise beyond his years, bet-the-house on his success. He hurt his arm in his first major league start and was finished before he began.

2020 NY Mets Season 7 months 4 weeks ago #403875

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 3398

Beast of the East wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

SI1996 wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

Two Paul Wilsons? Or did you mean Bill Pulsipher?

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight