Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2020 NY Mets Season 5 months 3 weeks ago #402339

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 13623
  • Thank you received: 7006

Spocky Ramone wrote: nypost.com/2020/11/19/steve-cohen-offers...-plan-for-mets-fans/

I am there!

I’d go to that and cheer Bonnilla because it would be so funny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

2020 NY Mets Season 5 months 3 weeks ago #402347

  • SI1996
  • SI1996's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2153
  • Thank you received: 423

mjmaherjr wrote:

Spocky Ramone wrote: nypost.com/2020/11/19/steve-cohen-offers...-plan-for-mets-fans/

I am there!

I’d go to that and cheer Bonnilla because it would be so funny

Ummm can he buy the Jets as well??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 NY Mets Season 5 months 3 weeks ago #402612

  • SI1996
  • SI1996's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2153
  • Thank you received: 423
Morton to the Braves. I was hoping the Mets would sign him. Would have fit in nicely behind deGrom and Bauer while Thor recovers. Morton > Stroman and now cheaper also.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 NY Mets Season 5 months 3 weeks ago #402631

  • sjc88
  • sjc88's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2170
  • Thank you received: 1003

SI1996 wrote: Morton to the Braves. I was hoping the Mets would sign him. Would have fit in nicely behind deGrom and Bauer while Thor recovers. Morton > Stroman and now cheaper also.


I liked Morton as well. However, IF the Mets sign Bauer you are looking at deGrom, Bauer, Stroman, Syndergaard (when he returns) and Peterson. They will need to sign some depth like an Odorizzi type. You can’t sign everyone, I guess. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 NY Mets Season 5 months 3 weeks ago #402647

  • SI1996
  • SI1996's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2153
  • Thank you received: 423

sjc88 wrote:

SI1996 wrote: Morton to the Braves. I was hoping the Mets would sign him. Would have fit in nicely behind deGrom and Bauer while Thor recovers. Morton > Stroman and now cheaper also.


I liked Morton as well. However, IF the Mets sign Bauer you are looking at deGrom, Bauer, Stroman, Syndergaard (when he returns) and Peterson. They will need to sign some depth like an Odorizzi type. You can’t sign everyone, I guess. :)

With Uncle Steve, I see Bauer as a WHEN.. not an IF :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 NY Mets Season 5 months 3 weeks ago #403384

  • sjc88
  • sjc88's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2170
  • Thank you received: 1003

SI1996 wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

SI1996 wrote: Morton to the Braves. I was hoping the Mets would sign him. Would have fit in nicely behind deGrom and Bauer while Thor recovers. Morton > Stroman and now cheaper also.


I liked Morton as well. However, IF the Mets sign Bauer you are looking at deGrom, Bauer, Stroman, Syndergaard (when he returns) and Peterson. They will need to sign some depth like an Odorizzi type. You can’t sign everyone, I guess. :)

With Uncle Steve, I see Bauer as a WHEN.. not an IF :)


The jaded Mets fan in me will never allow the WHEN but always IF.....:lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 NY Mets Season 5 months 2 weeks ago #403867

  • Beast of the East
  • Beast of the East's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 12851
  • Thank you received: 5334

sjc88 wrote:

SI1996 wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

SI1996 wrote: Morton to the Braves. I was hoping the Mets would sign him. Would have fit in nicely behind deGrom and Bauer while Thor recovers. Morton > Stroman and now cheaper also.


I liked Morton as well. However, IF the Mets sign Bauer you are looking at deGrom, Bauer, Stroman, Syndergaard (when he returns) and Peterson. They will need to sign some depth like an Odorizzi type. You can’t sign everyone, I guess. :)

With Uncle Steve, I see Bauer as a WHEN.. not an IF :)


The jaded Mets fan in me will never allow the WHEN but always IF.....:lol:


I'll say three things - Paul Wilson, Jason Isringhausen, and Paul Wilson.

With the Mets something always manages to go wrong. Maybe Cohen should start wearing a bow tie. That didn't work out badly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 NY Mets Season 5 months 2 weeks ago #403870

  • Spocky Ramone
  • Spocky Ramone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2317
  • Thank you received: 528

Beast of the East wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

SI1996 wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

SI1996 wrote: Morton to the Braves. I was hoping the Mets would sign him. Would have fit in nicely behind deGrom and Bauer while Thor recovers. Morton > Stroman and now cheaper also.


I liked Morton as well. However, IF the Mets sign Bauer you are looking at deGrom, Bauer, Stroman, Syndergaard (when he returns) and Peterson. They will need to sign some depth like an Odorizzi type. You can’t sign everyone, I guess. :)

With Uncle Steve, I see Bauer as a WHEN.. not an IF :)


The jaded Mets fan in me will never allow the WHEN but always IF.....:lol:


I'll say three things - Paul Wilson, Jason Isringhausen, and Paul Wilson.

With the Mets something always manages to go wrong. Maybe Cohen should start wearing a bow tie. That didn't work out badly.

Young Guns!

Don’t forget about their forerunner Tim Leary
When we die, do we haunt the sky?
Do we lurk in the murk of the seas?
What then? are we born again?
Just to sit asking questions like these?
I know, for I told me so,
And I'm sure each of you quite agrees:
The more it stays the same, the less it changes! - D. St. Hubbins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 NY Mets Season 5 months 2 weeks ago #403873

  • Beast of the East
  • Beast of the East's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 12851
  • Thank you received: 5334

Spocky Ramone wrote:

Beast of the East wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

SI1996 wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

SI1996 wrote: Morton to the Braves. I was hoping the Mets would sign him. Would have fit in nicely behind deGrom and Bauer while Thor recovers. Morton > Stroman and now cheaper also.


I liked Morton as well. However, IF the Mets sign Bauer you are looking at deGrom, Bauer, Stroman, Syndergaard (when he returns) and Peterson. They will need to sign some depth like an Odorizzi type. You can’t sign everyone, I guess. :)

With Uncle Steve, I see Bauer as a WHEN.. not an IF :)


The jaded Mets fan in me will never allow the WHEN but always IF.....:lol:


I'll say three things - Paul Wilson, Jason Isringhausen, and Paul Wilson.

With the Mets something always manages to go wrong. Maybe Cohen should start wearing a bow tie. That didn't work out badly.

Young Guns!

Don’t forget about their forerunner Tim Leary


Great memory. I was going to throw him in there. He was so compared to Tom Seaver in almost every positive way - talented, focused, cerebral, wise beyond his years, bet-the-house on his success. He hurt his arm in his first major league start and was finished before he began.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 NY Mets Season 5 months 2 weeks ago #403875

  • bamafan
  • bamafan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 7580
  • Thank you received: 3295

Beast of the East wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

SI1996 wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

SI1996 wrote: Morton to the Braves. I was hoping the Mets would sign him. Would have fit in nicely behind deGrom and Bauer while Thor recovers. Morton > Stroman and now cheaper also.


I liked Morton as well. However, IF the Mets sign Bauer you are looking at deGrom, Bauer, Stroman, Syndergaard (when he returns) and Peterson. They will need to sign some depth like an Odorizzi type. You can’t sign everyone, I guess. :)

With Uncle Steve, I see Bauer as a WHEN.. not an IF :)


The jaded Mets fan in me will never allow the WHEN but always IF.....:lol:


I'll say three things - Paul Wilson, Jason Isringhausen, and Paul Wilson.

With the Mets something always manages to go wrong. Maybe Cohen should start wearing a bow tie. That didn't work out badly.

Two Paul Wilsons? Or did you mean Bill Pulsipher?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight