Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2020 NY Mets Season 9 months 6 days ago #398134

• SJUFAN2
  • Thank you received: 1680

SJU85 wrote:

SJUFAN2 wrote: Congratulations to you guys on finally getting rid of the worst owners in NY sports.

I guess that title now belongs to the Johnson family...

Are you forgetting the Dolans?

Fair point. It's not a one horse race, but Rangers seem to be OK and headed in the right direction. Plus they've had a few deep playoff runs in the past decade+ with Lundqvist in goal.

I'd give the nod to the Johnson's, but that's me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 NY Mets Season 9 months 4 days ago #398383

• Spocky Ramone
  • Spocky Ramone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 534
Mets up 4
Bottom 9th
Diaz missing the strike zone
Ducks are on the pond
Why am I watching this?
O Great St. Joseph of Cupertino who while on earth did obtain from God the grace to be asked at your examination only the questions you knew, obtain for me a like favour in the examinations for which I am now preparing. In return I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

2020 NY Mets Season 9 months 3 days ago #398428

• JackofVirginia
  • Thank you received: 875
Anyone else surprised by Nimmo's improvement - average at .280. Beginning to wonder if Lugo
is overrated as a starter. Obviously looks like this is Ramos' last year, hopefully new management goes all in for JTRealmuto. Nice surprises out of the pen Ramirez and Schrever. Cano finally paying off.
Next couple of series are real tough - it's now or never!

Last edit: by JackofVirginia.

2020 NY Mets Season 9 months 3 days ago #398431

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 7075

JackofVirginia wrote: Anyone else surprised by Nimmo's improvement - average at .280. Beginning to wonder if Lugo
is overrated as a starter. Obviously looks like this is Ramos' last year, hopefully new management goes all in for JTP. Nice surprises out of the pen Ramirez and Schrever. Cano finally paying off.
Next couple of series are real tough - it's now or never!

Nimmo pleasant slight surprise Dom Smith very nice surprise Ramos definitely done. Pete sophomore slump gotta hit better next year

2020 NY Mets Season 9 months 3 days ago #398432

• MainMan
  • Thank you received: 1160
Despite the soph slump, Alonso would still be on pace to hit 40 HR this year if it were a regular season.
Yes almost every stat is down (not unexpected) but it's far from a bad season.

2020 NY Mets Season 9 months 2 days ago #398481

• JackofVirginia
How long is it going to take the Mets brass to realize Matz tips off his changeup. It's obvious he slows down his motion on his changeups. Hello, anyone home Heffner?
The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2

2020 NY Mets Season 9 months 2 days ago #398483

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 5352

JackofVirginia wrote: How long is it going to take the Mets brass to realize Matz tips off his changeup. It's obvious he slows down his motion on his changeups. Hello, anyone home Heffner?

You know your stuff Javk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia

2020 NY Mets Season 8 months 4 weeks ago #398834

• JackofVirginia
Loved hearing Ron Darling's comments regarding the Mets playing at Annapolis and eating at their mess hall. Brought back memories when we played each year at West Point. After the game we had steak dinners in their mess hall. Just beautiful surroundings!
The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2

2020 NY Mets Season 8 months 3 weeks ago #398942

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 5352

JackofVirginia wrote: Loved hearing Ron Darling's comments regarding the Mets playing at Annapolis and eating at their mess hall. Brought back memories when we played each year at West Point. After the game we had steak dinners in their mess hall. Just beautiful surroundings!

About 8 or 9 years ago we went to a wedding reception in a banquet hall at West Point. Tbh, the place looked run down.

2020 NY Mets Season 8 months 3 weeks ago #398944

• panther2
  • Thank you received: 3536

JackofVirginia wrote: Loved hearing Ron Darling's comments regarding the Mets playing at Annapolis and eating at their mess hall. Brought back memories when we played each year at West Point. After the game we had steak dinners in their mess hall. Just beautiful surroundings!

Jack, this really brought back memories. I remember my parents taking me to West Point in the late 1950's when I was 11 or 12 years old. We ate in Thayer Hall and it was an amazing experience. I had never been in a place like that. The waiters, the linen tablecloths, the decor, I still smile when I think about that day.

The funny thing is that at 72, I may not remember what I did 10 minutes ago, lol, but I remembered the name of the dining hall we ate in was Thayer Hall.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia, gman, NCJohnnie

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight