Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Yankees - 2020 1 month 1 week ago #399643

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 11122
  • Thank you received: 4463
Turns out when Yankees added a year to Chapman deal last fall a full no trade clause kicked in.

Also the Cole/Bauer dynamic is pretty rocky. (See below). I know recently Bauer tweeted praise to Cole and seemed to be egging on Yankees fans.

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/column...ach-other/640362002/

www.mlb.com/news/trevor-bauer-talks-gerr...ucla-days-c278186502

www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds...rit-cole/4954324002/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2020 1 month 1 week ago #399709

  • SJU85
  • SJU85's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3161
  • Thank you received: 872

Moose wrote: Turns out when Yankees added a year to Chapman deal last fall a full no trade clause kicked in.

Also the Cole/Bauer dynamic is pretty rocky. (See below). I know recently Bauer tweeted praise to Cole and seemed to be egging on Yankees fans.

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/column...ach-other/640362002/

www.mlb.com/news/trevor-bauer-talks-gerr...ucla-days-c278186502

www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds...rit-cole/4954324002/


Moose, Bauer cannot stand Cole and probably vice-versa although Cole is not as direct as saying it in the past like Bauer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2020 1 month 1 week ago #399713

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 11122
  • Thank you received: 4463

SJU85 wrote:

Moose wrote: Turns out when Yankees added a year to Chapman deal last fall a full no trade clause kicked in.

Also the Cole/Bauer dynamic is pretty rocky. (See below). I know recently Bauer tweeted praise to Cole and seemed to be egging on Yankees fans.

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/column...ach-other/640362002/

www.mlb.com/news/trevor-bauer-talks-gerr...ucla-days-c278186502

www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds...rit-cole/4954324002/


Moose, Bauer cannot stand Cole and probably vice-versa although Cole is not as direct as saying it in the past like Bauer.


Yeah Cole keeps quiet and Bauer is a loudmouth. Two totally different approaches. Bauer is great pitcher but wacky and out there and I think in NY market it could be like a cigarette over a bed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2020 1 month 1 week ago #399732

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 11122
  • Thank you received: 4463
Another piece today in Barstool. Interesting that Bauer is tweeting about it sort of dismissing it. The video within the article is Bauer specifically talking about its origin. Pretty interesting

www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2968646/remi...squashing-their-feud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Moose.

Yankees - 2020 1 month 1 week ago #399733

  • SI1996
  • SI1996's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2013
  • Thank you received: 287

Moose wrote:

SJU85 wrote:

Moose wrote: Turns out when Yankees added a year to Chapman deal last fall a full no trade clause kicked in.

Also the Cole/Bauer dynamic is pretty rocky. (See below). I know recently Bauer tweeted praise to Cole and seemed to be egging on Yankees fans.

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/column...ach-other/640362002/

www.mlb.com/news/trevor-bauer-talks-gerr...ucla-days-c278186502

www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds...rit-cole/4954324002/


Moose, Bauer cannot stand Cole and probably vice-versa although Cole is not as direct as saying it in the past like Bauer.


Yeah Cole keeps quiet and Bauer is a loudmouth. Two totally different approaches. Bauer is great pitcher but wacky and out there and I think in NY market it could be like a cigarette over a bed.

Exactly why he signs with the Mets and sets our clubhouse on fire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2020 1 month 1 week ago #399856

  • EliteBaller K
  • EliteBaller K's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 253
  • Thank you received: 103

Moose wrote: Turns out when Yankees added a year to Chapman deal last fall a full no trade clause kicked in.

Also the Cole/Bauer dynamic is pretty rocky. (See below). I know recently Bauer tweeted praise to Cole and seemed to be egging on Yankees fans.

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/column...ach-other/640362002/

www.mlb.com/news/trevor-bauer-talks-gerr...ucla-days-c278186502

www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds...rit-cole/4954324002/


Actually don't mind keeping chap but he can't be the closer or even the setup man. Wouldn't mind him in the 7th.

Forget Bauer, could be another Gray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2020 1 month 1 week ago #399874

  • SJUFAN2
  • SJUFAN2's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1496
  • Thank you received: 1437

EliteBaller K wrote: Forget Bauer, could be another Gray


You could say that about any pitcher who never pitched in NY, no?

What worries you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2020 1 month 1 week ago #399881

  • SJU61982
  • SJU61982's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4651
  • Thank you received: 1149

SJUFAN2 wrote:

EliteBaller K wrote: Forget Bauer, could be another Gray


You could say that about any pitcher who never pitched in NY, no?

What worries you?


I know you weren't asking me, but I just can't see the Yankees being willing to put up with Bauer's extracurricular stuff. My guess is that they don't make him an offer.

Honestly, their best bets for pitching next year may be a return to form for Severino and German. I also hope that Paxton is willing to sign a 1-year, reasonable deal (not far-fetched, take another shot at young free agency after next year), and that's three guys who, when they're on (admittedly, a big if), give you ace quality stuff, and the cost is 0 players.

I also think that Mark Texiera's idea of trading Voit, and signing Didi, is not that crazy at all. In fact, I think it's perfectly rational (although I make sure I have Didi in the fold before I trade either Voit or Urshela - I don't think their value will ever be higher then it is right now). The Yankees really do need a lefty power bat. They're so right-handed that even 1 lefty bat is not going to achieve good balance, but it would be a start.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by SJU61982.

Yankees - 2020 1 month 1 week ago #399882

  • SJUFAN2
  • SJUFAN2's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1496
  • Thank you received: 1437

SJU61982 wrote:

SJUFAN2 wrote:

EliteBaller K wrote: Forget Bauer, could be another Gray


You could say that about any pitcher who never pitched in NY, no?

What worries you?


I know you weren't asking me, but I just can't see the Yankees being willing to put up with Bauer's extracurricular stuff. My guess is that they don't make him an offer.

Honestly, their best bets for pitching next year may be a return to form for Severino and German. I also hope that Paxton is willing to sign a 1-year, reasonable deal (not far-fetched, take another shot at young free agency after next year), and that's three guys who, when they're on (admittedly, a big if), give you ace quality stuff, and the cost is 0 players.

I also think that Mark Texiera's idea of trading Voit, and signing Didi, is not that crazy at all. In fact, I think it's perfectly rational (although I make sure I have Didi in the fold before I trade either Voit or Urshela - I don't think their value will ever be higher then it is right now). The Yankees really do need a lefty power bat. They're so right-handed that even 1 lefty bat is not going to achieve good balance, but it would be a start.


Interesting ideas. Should be a fun/weird off season.

If I were going to make any moves here what I'd try to get done:

1 - Make a run at Lindor.
2 - Call the Cubs and see if there's a deal to be made around Rizzo for Voit.
Those two switch hitters would solve our need for lefty bats.
3 - I'd like to sign Bauer but I don't see it happening, and not because he's a social media addict, but because he and Cole apparently hate each other. So I'd be looking for a young-ish pitcher headed to arbitration that might be available.
4 - Need an electric, young back of the bullpen arm. Not sure where that's coming from.
5 - Need to address C.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2020 1 month 1 week ago #399890

  • SJU85
  • SJU85's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3161
  • Thank you received: 872

SI1996 wrote:

Moose wrote:

SJU85 wrote:

Moose wrote: Turns out when Yankees added a year to Chapman deal last fall a full no trade clause kicked in.

Also the Cole/Bauer dynamic is pretty rocky. (See below). I know recently Bauer tweeted praise to Cole and seemed to be egging on Yankees fans.

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/column...ach-other/640362002/

www.mlb.com/news/trevor-bauer-talks-gerr...ucla-days-c278186502

www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds...rit-cole/4954324002/


Moose, Bauer cannot stand Cole and probably vice-versa although Cole is not as direct as saying it in the past like Bauer.


Yeah Cole keeps quiet and Bauer is a loudmouth. Two totally different approaches. Bauer is great pitcher but wacky and out there and I think in NY market it could be like a cigarette over a bed.

Exactly why he signs with the Mets and sets our clubhouse on fire.


:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight