Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Yankees - 2020 1 month 2 weeks ago #399518

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 4463

SJ_NYC wrote: 3. Finally - and this is me just wildly speculating; what else could have a potential impact - a lot less steroids now. In 1990s, that extra bit of strength might allow a player to hit that single, double or HR instead of making an out.

Another point is Steriods or HGH kept players healthier and playing through injuries. If that wasn't illegal in the game as it is now, can't help but wonder if players who are often hurt would be on the field more often.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJ_NYC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2020 1 month 2 weeks ago #399521

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 1251
Losing - by any team you have a rooting interest in - stinks. I usually reflect back to 1960 when a superior Yankee team lost to a lesser team in the Pirates. Watched game with my Dad who - despite living in Brooklyn - raised me to be a Yankee fan. Luckiest guy in the neighborhood.
All the best!

Yankees - 2020 1 month 2 weeks ago #399531

• Delaware
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 303

section10 wrote: ouch. the rays destroyed the yanks, if some how 3 hits is a destruction.
ugh. the rays destroyed the yanks, if some how 2 first row homeruns and 3 to 2 in game wins, clearly means the rays are way better than the yanks
i cringed at the strike/ball calls on the 2nd rays home run hitter and stanton's last at bat

I wouldn't call it "destroyed", but I assume you are being facetious.

Problem with Yankees is that they have 1 stud pitcher, need to get a great #2, or hope Severino makes it all the way back.

Sign DJLM, move him to 1B, and trade Voit, while his value is high. Need more situational hitting. Time to cut ties with Sanchez. Let him learn to hit and catch with some other organization.

Don't resign Gardner. Let Frazier be the LF'er, with Tauchman the defensive replacement. Trade Andujar?

I don't see the Yanks playing the free agent market. Tanaka and Paxton should be gone, replaced by Severino & German. Commit to Garcia. Don't screw around with him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10, Ron

Yankees - 2020 1 month 2 weeks ago #399534

• SJ_NYC
  • SJ_NYC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 208
Cashman gave Gardner a 2 year deal, so he still has a year left.

The most disappointing things about the yankees was Happ / Paxton not performing and then Severino getting hurt. Severino is probably not back in the rotation until back half of 2021 - and even then he may not be great.

I have no idea what the expect for #2 through #5 next year. There isn't very much in the way of starting pitching. I assume Montgomery, Garcia start just because they are cheap, and they can't sign anyone. German...maybe Perhaps they sign Tanaka for a modest 1 year deal? But he'll probably get two years, which will drive us all nuts.

Yankees - 2020 1 month 2 weeks ago #399538

• Moose

SJ_NYC wrote: Cashman gave Gardner a 2 year deal, so he still has a year left.

The most disappointing things about the yankees was Happ / Paxton not performing and then Severino getting hurt. Severino is probably not back in the rotation until back half of 2021 - and even then he may not be great.

I have no idea what the expect for #2 through #5 next year. There isn't very much in the way of starting pitching. I assume Montgomery, Garcia start just because they are cheap, and they can't sign anyone. German...maybe Perhaps they sign Tanaka for a modest 1 year deal? But he'll probably get two years, which will drive us all nuts.

Gardner coming back as a 4th OF is fine by me.
Tauchman can go back to being a pumpkin after this past year.

I 'guess' Montgomery and Garcia are 4 and 5 but man there is a big hole at 2 and 3. Bauer tweeted at Yankees fans the other night one night after tweeting at Red Sox fans. 1. Bauer has some screws loose. 2. Him and Cole supposedly can't stand each other. A few articles out there about how bad their relationship is.

What most surprised me was Boone has a team option for this upcoming year.

Last edit: by Moose.

Yankees - 2020 1 month 2 weeks ago #399540

• Moose
Interesting write up by Sherman. He makes some pretty good points.

nypost.com/2020/10/10/yankees-crossroad-...g-decisions-sherman/

Yankees - 2020 1 month 1 week ago #399552

• EliteBaller K
  • Thank you received: 103

Delaware wrote:

section10 wrote: ouch. the rays destroyed the yanks, if some how 3 hits is a destruction.
ugh. the rays destroyed the yanks, if some how 2 first row homeruns and 3 to 2 in game wins, clearly means the rays are way better than the yanks
i cringed at the strike/ball calls on the 2nd rays home run hitter and stanton's last at bat

I wouldn't call it "destroyed", but I assume you are being facetious.

Problem with Yankees is that they have 1 stud pitcher, need to get a great #2, or hope Severino makes it all the way back.

Sign DJLM, move him to 1B, and trade Voit, while his value is high. Need more situational hitting. Time to cut ties with Sanchez. Let him learn to hit and catch with some other organization.

Don't resign Gardner. Let Frazier be the LF'er, with Tauchman the defensive replacement. Trade Andujar?

I don't see the Yanks playing the free agent market. Tanaka and Paxton should be gone, replaced by Severino & German. Commit to Garcia. Don't screw around with him.

If I'm Cashman, I want to get catcher and so.

Realmuto at catcher and either seminar or viller at ss, move TORRES back to 2nd and DJ to 1st.

Cole, german, sev, monty, and garcia as my starting 5, and try to replace Chapman as the closer.

Yankees - 2020 1 month 1 week ago #399575

• Knight
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1805
Plague year.
Consider a new manager. Maybe a new GM, who has a very mixed, and expensive record.

Yankees - 2020 1 month 1 week ago #399609

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 4213

Moose wrote:

SJ_NYC wrote: 3. Finally - and this is me just wildly speculating; what else could have a potential impact - a lot less steroids now. In 1990s, that extra bit of strength might allow a player to hit that single, double or HR instead of making an out.

Another point is Steriods or HGH kept players healthier and playing through injuries. If that wasn't illegal in the game as it is now, can't help but wonder if players who are often hurt would be on the field more often.

That was Andy Pettite's defense when caught.

Yankees - 2020 1 month 1 week ago #399642

• SJU85
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 872
Gardner has a option for next year that the Yankees can buy out for $2M. Left Field is Fraziers to lose. Will the real Tauchman stand up? Was it last year, or this year or something in-between, I don't mind bringing back Gardner as a 4th or 5th Outfielder but if Tachman had performed similar to last year, I would have let him go.

Garcia and Schmidt have thrown 100 innings once each in their professional careers and after this abbreviated season, the Yankees will look to "manage/control" their innings next year (hopefully in a way that doesn't resemble the Joba rules but more like Severino's a few years back and I am not sure that was handled that great). Speaking of Severino, they will look to do the same with him coming back from TJ surgery (hopefully all will go well). German might get similar treatment after more than a year away. All of this will have to be taken into consideration when building next year's rotation.

Even with Britton able to close, trading Chapman (and getting something worthwhile back at his salary) just means you will have to add another reliever and you are already short. Relievers are so volatile. Ottavino could bounce back like he's done before, or maybe not. Green can do like he did at the beginning of last year or suffer droughts or be dominate like he was this postseason. Either way you need more help here. I agree we should have looked more at Yajure and Nelson in situations during the season. Holder is not an answer.

Realmuto would be nice but there will be a bidding war and I'd rather spend that on pitching either by Free Agency and taken a salary in a trade. Bauer intrigues me but don't know if he and New York, or the clubhouse (with his old pitching buddy Cole) would work out. Could implode. Definitely need to be ready to move on from Sanchez.

Don't like Torres at SS, but I'd rather have him there and DJ at second as I don't see them trading Voit. DJ is perfect for this team and the 1st or 2nd spot in the batting order. Even with him getting considerable more money on this contract, I don't see him going for the "supersub" role like on this past contract.
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight