St. John's Tough Supporting Local Food Pantries cool t-shirt
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MLB 2019 postseason

MLB 2019 postseason 7 months 2 weeks ago #359725

  • bamafan
  • bamafan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6501
  • Thank you received: 2147

Knight wrote:

oldschool Redmen wrote:

Knight wrote: How does home field advantage work for WS? Not best record, correct?

That all star winner bs is over with thank god. Best record gets it, the way it should be.
AS on a bad team doesn't care about that.


They used to alternate home field by league, American year 1, 3, 5, 7, 9; National year 2, 4, 6, 8; etc.

Should be odd years American L gets home field, even years National L doesn't get home field. ;) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MLB 2019 postseason 7 months 1 week ago #359728

  • oldschool Redmen
  • oldschool Redmen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3268
  • Thank you received: 634
I kinda want houston so we could revenge two years ago, and kinda want TB so we get home field.

The one thing I really want is a 17inning game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MLB 2019 postseason 7 months 1 day ago #360577

  • sjc88
  • sjc88's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2028
  • Thank you received: 873
Nats take Game 1 vs the Astros. Not sure if the Nats can take a long series but this is setting up as a very good WS. Too many people bought into the hype that AL Championsip series was the “real” series. Last night Nats said not so fast. Starters like Scherzer, Strasburg and Corbin give them a punchers chance. Of course, their Achilles heel is that bullpen. If they win with that pen they deserve it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MLB 2019 postseason 7 months 1 day ago #360578

  • Logen
  • Logen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3440
  • Thank you received: 1855

sjc88 wrote: Nats take Game 1 vs the Astros. Not sure if the Nats can take a long series but this is setting up as a very good WS. Too many people bought into the hype that AL Championsip series was the “real” series. Last night Nats said not so fast. Starters like Scherzer, Strasburg and Corbin give them a punchers chance. Of course, their Achilles heel is that bullpen. If they win with that pen they deserve it.


Their current bullpen is not the one that put them behind the 8 ball earlier in the season. Astros are really good obviously and could win the next 4 but the Nationals have way more than a punchers chance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MLB 2019 postseason 7 months 1 day ago #360579

  • section10
  • section10's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 440
  • Thank you received: 149
the petition to put cole on the next HOF ballot have been put on hold.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88, Knight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MLB 2019 postseason 7 months 1 day ago #360591

  • sjc88
  • sjc88's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2028
  • Thank you received: 873

Logen wrote:

sjc88 wrote: Nats take Game 1 vs the Astros. Not sure if the Nats can take a long series but this is setting up as a very good WS. Too many people bought into the hype that AL Championsip series was the “real” series. Last night Nats said not so fast. Starters like Scherzer, Strasburg and Corbin give them a punchers chance. Of course, their Achilles heel is that bullpen. If they win with that pen they deserve it.


Their current bullpen is not the one that put them behind the 8 ball earlier in the season. Astros are really good obviously and could win the next 4 but the Nationals have way more than a punchers chance.


Logen, I agree they have some different guys but not sure how much better they are. Remember Corbin pitched an inning last night and they had Doolittle pitch a 4 out save (for us older fans...the horror!). Let’s see how it plays out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MLB 2019 postseason 7 months 1 day ago #360593

  • Logen
  • Logen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3440
  • Thank you received: 1855

sjc88 wrote:

Logen wrote:

sjc88 wrote: Nats take Game 1 vs the Astros. Not sure if the Nats can take a long series but this is setting up as a very good WS. Too many people bought into the hype that AL Championsip series was the “real” series. Last night Nats said not so fast. Starters like Scherzer, Strasburg and Corbin give them a punchers chance. Of course, their Achilles heel is that bullpen. If they win with that pen they deserve it.




Their current bullpen is not the one that put them behind the 8 ball earlier in the season. Astros are really good obviously and could win the next 4 but the Nationals have way more than a punchers chance.


Logen, I agree they have some different guys but not sure how much better they are. Remember Corbin pitched an inning last night and they had Doolittle pitch a 4 out save (for us older fans...the horror!). Let’s see how it plays out.


Corbin pitching an inning is no big deal, by his game 4 start he would not have pitched for over a week. As for Doolittle with 4 outs, IMO, also no big deal; why not? Look at Washington's record since the turnaround and it compares with anyone's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MLB 2019 postseason 7 months 18 hours ago #360653

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 12031
  • Thank you received: 4585
I was looking forward to the first 2 games because of the pitching matchups but oh man this series sucks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MLB 2019 postseason 6 months 3 weeks ago #361355

  • ctstorm
  • ctstorm's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 645
  • Thank you received: 188
So much for home field advantage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MLB 2019 postseason 6 months 3 weeks ago #361358

  • Logen
  • Logen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3440
  • Thank you received: 1855

ctstorm wrote: So much for home field advantage.


For sure, not sure why Hinch took Grienke out but that’s baseball now. Bullpens rule and they are the most mercurial of things. Whatever “it” is, that elusive chemistry, the Nationals had it from about 1/3 into the season to the end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight