Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2019 NY Mets

2019 NY Mets 5 months 2 weeks ago #352971

• MarkRedman
  • Thank you received: 1543

Andrew wrote: Our old friend Hansel Robles is having a better year on the Angels on a one year 1.6 million dollar deal then Diaz.

It's the Mets uniform ..................... it's cursed!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 5 months 2 weeks ago #352987

• SI1996
  • Thank you received: 244
Swarzak has given up 1 ER in 15in for the Braves. LOLLL Why do we torture ourselves!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

2019 NY Mets 5 months 2 weeks ago #352992

• JackofVirginia
  • Thank you received: 440

Logen wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

Logen wrote:

sjc88 wrote: Last year many felt the Mets farm system was barren. Today McNeil and Alonso are the best players on the team. Hard to imagine what this team would look like without either of these kids. Way better than anything we could have hoped for.

Mets are just tough to root for. No one can tell me winning is not about attitude and frame of mind. Mets know how to lose, from the top to the bottom of the organization, If they hit, they don’t pitch, if they pitch they don’t hit, if they do both, the bullpen collapses. They sign a free agent, they underperform. I am a fan and always will be but it is hard.

The best example of your point is Edwin Diaz. Last year best closer in baseball. Clearly dominant. This year he looks and feels like Rojas/Looper/Benitez/Franco/Familia rolled into one. Frustrating.

Agreed

I'm not giving up on Diaz just yet. Big mistake by Callaway yesterday leaving in Lugo who was way off in his location of pitches Lugo had no curve ball yesterday. Had to believe Diaz would have overpowered Baez with his fastball and good slider. Get Diaz up and allow him to face at least 5 hitters. What the hell is the difference in allowing him to face 4 and not five. Remember in the beginning of the season he was definitely only going to relieve for one inning. Make up your damn minds..

2019 NY Mets 5 months 2 weeks ago #352993

• JackofVirginia
  • Thank you received: 440
Can't believe that we didn't sign Adam Jones, instead we have the putrid hitting by Lagares and Gomez. And hopefully Lawrie finds his way back and replaces that big mistake Cano.

Last edit: by JackofVirginia.

2019 NY Mets 5 months 2 weeks ago #353003

• MarkRedman

JackofVirginia wrote: Can't believe that we didn't sign Adam Jones, instead we have the putrid hitting by Lagares and Gomez. And hopefully Lawrie finds his way back and replaces that big mistake Cano.

Lawrie .................. another stellar move by the Mets
The Mets and Knicks are two of the worst run organizations in professional sports

2019 NY Mets 5 months 2 weeks ago #353030

• MainMan
  • Thank you received: 394
I’m actually kind of excited for the first time in forever over some of the young positional talent we have.
Alonso has been otherworldly, possibly a generational talent.
McNeil came out of nowhere and deserves to be an all star.
Conforto is on pace for 30-35 hrs and 90 rbis.
Rosario still needs to put it together but look up and he’s on pace for 20+ hrs and 80+ rbis.
And don’t trade Don Smith. Find a place for him and keep his.320 ba in the damn lineup for years to come.

Last edit: by MainMan.

2019 NY Mets 5 months 2 weeks ago #353036

• Spocky Ramone
  • Thank you received: 313

MainMan wrote: Alonso has been otherworldly, possibly a generational talent.

Hope you’re correct and he’s not Joe Charboneau. Both Pete and McNeil deserve to be on the AS team. And I agree about Dom, it’s amazing what a good night’s sleep will do for you.

On the down side, I’m starting to think that Wheeler’s never going to put it together. Or Matz. Or Syndergaard. Or Harvey. Or Pulsipher. Or Wilson. Oh the pain!
I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace; that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress - K.I.T.T., “1776”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

2019 NY Mets 5 months 2 weeks ago #353045

• MarkRedman
How can Callaway still be employed by the Mets this morning?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

2019 NY Mets 5 months 2 weeks ago #353049

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1575

MarkRedman wrote:

JackofVirginia wrote: Can't believe that we didn't sign Adam Jones, instead we have the putrid hitting by Lagares and Gomez. And hopefully Lawrie finds his way back and replaces that big mistake Cano.

Lawrie .................. another stellar move by the Mets
The Mets and Knicks are two of the worst run organizations in professional sports

Cano is a bust, Lawrie MIA, Diaz mediocre................just a typical off-season for the Mets. Mets finally hit and the pitching goes completely south. Calloway couldn't manage to catch a cold running nude through Alaska, never mind an MLB team. Just torturous..............................................
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Last edit: by Logen.

2019 NY Mets 5 months 2 weeks ago #353069

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 1747
Lowrie.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight