Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2019 NY Mets

2019 NY Mets 5 months 3 weeks ago #352221

  • Logen
  • Logen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3243
  • Thank you received: 1596

sjc88 wrote:

Logen wrote:

sjc88 wrote: Last year many felt the Mets farm system was barren. Today McNeil and Alonso are the best players on the team. Hard to imagine what this team would look like without either of these kids. Way better than anything we could have hoped for.


Mets are just tough to root for. No one can tell me winning is not about attitude and frame of mind. Mets know how to lose, from the top to the bottom of the organization, If they hit, they don’t pitch, if they pitch they don’t hit, if they do both, the bullpen collapses. They sign a free agent, they underperform. I am a fan and always will be but it is hard.

The best example of your point is Edwin Diaz. Last year best closer in baseball. Clearly dominant. This year he looks and feels like Rojas/Looper/Benitez/Franco/Familia rolled into one. Frustrating.


Agreed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 5 months 3 weeks ago #352621

  • Logen
  • Logen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3243
  • Thank you received: 1596
Slip sliding away...............

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 5 months 3 weeks ago #352628

  • Andrew
  • Andrew's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5411
  • Thank you received: 916
Our old friend Hansel Robles is having a better year on the Angels on a one year 1.6 million dollar deal then Diaz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 5 months 3 weeks ago #352646

  • bamafan
  • bamafan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6049
  • Thank you received: 1758

Logen wrote: Slip sliding away...............

COME GET US!!!!!!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 5 months 2 weeks ago #352883

  • Logen
  • Logen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3243
  • Thank you received: 1596
Lethal combo, horrible bullpen and a manager who has mastered the art of changing pitchers after the damage is done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 5 months 2 weeks ago #352906

  • Andrew
  • Andrew's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5411
  • Thank you received: 916
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 5 months 2 weeks ago #352912

  • SI1996
  • SI1996's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1940
  • Thank you received: 244
Would like an explanation as to why we can role out Lugo for multiple innings but Diaz above 3 outs is off limits.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 5 months 2 weeks ago #352913

  • Spocky Ramone
  • Spocky Ramone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1886
  • Thank you received: 313

Andrew wrote: nypost.com/2019/06/23/jason-vargas-threa...knock-you-the-f-out/

You can't make this stuff up.

Good thing this was just a lot of shouting. Vargas would have broken his hand when he’s finally pitching well.
I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace; that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress - K.I.T.T., “1776”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 5 months 2 weeks ago #352914

  • Spocky Ramone
  • Spocky Ramone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1886
  • Thank you received: 313

SI1996 wrote: Would like an explanation as to why we can role out Lugo for multiple innings but Diaz above 3 outs is off limits.


Because Mets.
I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace; that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress - K.I.T.T., “1776”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 5 months 2 weeks ago #352929

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 10023
  • Thank you received: 3152
Not a Mets fan but I have to say. The media are the most two faced people in the world. I wasn't there and I've seen various accounts where the facts seem cloudy no matter what way you look at it. But they write whatever they want, say whatever they want, take potshots whenever they want, but then throw their hands up in the air and get on their soapbox when someone throws it back in their face. Not condoning Vargas beating the hell out of him, but Mickey IMO is within his right to say what he said dealing with this media like he does. And yes I know he's paid handsomely. But that doesn't mean the low paying media can do what it does on a daily basis and then cry when a manager tells them to blank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Logen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight