Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2019 NY Mets 2 years 2 months ago #345063

  • bamafan
  • bamafan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 7620
  • Thank you received: 3349
The Mets-St. John's conundrum continues as soon as we get good news on SJU deGrom :( needs MRI.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 2 years 2 months ago #345137

  • sjc88
  • sjc88's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2170
  • Thank you received: 1003

bamafan wrote: The Mets-St. John's conundrum continues as soon as we get good news on SJU deGrom :( needs MRI.

My first thought with any Met injury is always here we go again. Perfect example is in Spring Training down goes Jed Lowrie BEFORE work outs even began. Mets statement was “MRI is clean and injury is not serious”. That was EIGHT Weeks ago and he still has not started playing in minor league games yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 2 years 1 month ago #346086

  • Tommy O 54
  • Tommy O 54's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 393
  • Thank you received: 315
Wheeler was dealing last night and a homerun! Nice.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 2 years 1 month ago #348039

  • gman
  • gman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3938
  • Thank you received: 945
The tweet ID given is invalid
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew, Tommy O 54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 2 years 1 month ago #348048

  • Andrew
  • Andrew's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5805
  • Thank you received: 1307

gman wrote: The tweet ID given is invalid


Darling’s press release sounded optimistic. As the season starts to go south, listening to Cohen, Darling and Hernandez makes the games bearable. Todd Zeile is a nice guy but It’s not the same.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 2 years 1 month ago #349746

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 13662
  • Thank you received: 7075
Mets spiraling out of Control worse than daenerys targaryen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 2 years 1 month ago #349749

  • Beast of the East
  • Beast of the East's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 12867
  • Thank you received: 5352
Is there a name for June swoon in may?

Maybe the mets can pick up a donn clendenon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 2 years 1 month ago #349755

  • MarkRedman
  • MarkRedman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4646
  • Thank you received: 2913

Beast of the East wrote: Is there a name for June swoon in may?

Maybe the mets can pick up a donn clendenon


Ed Kranepool just got a new kidney
Maybe he's ready to suit up again
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 2 years 3 weeks ago #350661

  • SJU2000alum15
  • SJU2000alum15's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 544
  • Thank you received: 352
So just when you think maybe they are turning it around enter last night, playing in LA I went to bed in the 7th they were winning 8-3 Alonso hit homeruns # 18 & 19 I was like wow two wins in a row on the road against the best team in the NL Get back over 500 let’s go! Wake up to see they lost 9-8!!! Our crappy bullpen gave up 6 runs in 3 innings. Diaz comes in the 9th up 8-5 gives up back to back homers then back to back doubles , loads the bases with still nobody out and then a sac fly to end it! You want to explain why our genius manager never even had anybody else warming up when this guy clearly didn’t have it , that trade looks worse every day traded our best prospect for an aging Cano stuck making 20 million a year till age 40 and a closer that has been very unimpressive since becoming a Met!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 2 years 3 weeks ago #350677

  • Andrew
  • Andrew's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5805
  • Thank you received: 1307

SJU2000alum15 wrote: So just when you think maybe they are turning it around enter last night, playing in LA I went to bed in the 7th they were winning 8-3 Alonso hit homeruns # 18 & 19 I was like wow two wins in a row on the road against the best team in the NL Get back over 500 let’s go! Wake up to see they lost 9-8!!! Our crappy bullpen gave up 6 runs in 3 innings. Diaz comes in the 9th up 8-5 gives up back to back homers then back to back doubles , loads the bases with still nobody out and then a sac fly to end it! You want to explain why our genius manager never even had anybody else warming up when this guy clearly didn’t have it , that trade looks worse every day traded our best prospect for an aging Cano stuck making 20 million a year till age 40 and a closer that has been very unimpressive since becoming a Met!


Agree with you 100% about the trade and that was a rough loss but I was watching and unfortunately wasn't shocked the Mets couldn’t close out a game against a team as good as the Dodgers. Who did you want warming up after the two home runs? Gagnon, Font, Bashlor, Santiago or Zamora? Likely the same result. I miss Seth Lugo. Not having him is hurting us a lot.

I will say I have been very impressed by our hitting in this series and finally they put Smith in the outfield.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight