Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2019 NY Mets

2019 NY Mets 2 days 6 hours ago #356250

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1182

sjc88 wrote: I haven’t seen anyone mention that Callaway also went too long with Lugo. Once he gave up the lead on multiple hits he needed to stop the bleeding. I get he doesn’t have great options but it was pretty clear Lugo did not have it. The mistake was highlighted when the Mets rallied. Too much to overcome.

Need to turn the page quickly.

I agree, and the lack of options makes the initial move even more curious. Mets starting pitching on paper is one of their strengths so you expose a mediocre (at best) bullpen for no apparent reason except some righties were coming up in the 7th? Why even start Matz if you were that afraid of the of the left-right matchup?
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88, BrooklynRed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 2 days 6 hours ago #356252

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 582

sjc88 wrote: I haven’t seen anyone mention that Callaway also went too long with Lugo. Once he gave up the lead on multiple hits he needed to stop the bleeding. I get he doesn’t have great options but it was pretty clear Lugo did not have it. The mistake was highlighted when the Mets rallied. Too much to overcome.

In Lugo's defense, only the first hit off him was hit hard, every other hit was little bloops in front of the of'er.
Reminded me off Mariano in game 7 in 01 at Arizona
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88

2019 NY Mets 2 days 6 hours ago #356253

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 824
Maybe I am way off here but part of me thinks Calloway thought it was the 8th inning.

2019 NY Mets 2 days 5 hours ago #356257

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 459

oldschool Redmen wrote:

In Lugo's defense, only the first hit off him was hit hard, every other hit was little bloops in front of the of'er.

True but maybe it’s a karma thing or something for me. I think it was the lead off walk to Donaldson and 5 hits in a row. Just think he needed to change something. Walks kill.

2019 NY Mets 1 day 16 hours ago #356295

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1182

oldschool Redmen wrote:

You should be so understanding and diplomatic where the Yankees are concerned. A walk and five hits in a row is a walk and five hits in a row.

2019 NY Mets 1 day 11 hours ago #356298

• Spocky Ramone
  • Thank you received: 285

Andrew wrote: Maybe I am way off here but part of me thinks Calloway thought it was the 8th inning.

Way off? Preposterous! The only thing more ridiculous than this idea would be the thought of a major league lineup batting out of order.
It’s a double knit world, baby
And your heart is my goal
I’ll pick the lock
With my pet rock
To get to your bell bottom soul

2019 NY Mets 1 day 9 hours ago #356304

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 459
More befuddling moves by Callaway last night. Allowing Gagnon (whose name must be French for HR) to give up 4 HRs that made a once 10-2 game into a 10-8 nail biter is ridiculous. His ERA is almost 8. Callaway’s comment that Gagnon “did a good job” was almost unbelievable. Then again it came right out of the mouth of clueless Callaway.

Again I get they don’t have a lot of options but Gagnon is the last guy in a bad bullpen. Now he got away with it so some will excuse it. That was a game they could not lose. They came within one flat Diaz slider of blowing that game and it just shouldn’t have been that close.

2019 NY Mets 4 hours 32 minutes ago #356349

• JackofVirginia
  • Thank you received: 381

sjc88 wrote: More befuddling moves by Callaway last night. Allowing Gagnon (whose name must be French for HR) to give up 4 HRs that made a once 10-2 game into a 10-8 nail biter is ridiculous. His ERA is almost 8. Callaway’s comment that Gagnon “did a good job” was almost unbelievable. Then again it came right out of the mouth of clueless Callaway.

Again I get they don’t have a lot of options but Gagnon is the last guy in a bad bullpen. Now he got away with it so some will excuse it. That was a game they could not lose. They came within one flat Diaz slider of blowing that game and it just shouldn’t have been that close.

And to think Gagnon did a good job the night before Calloway followed that comment last night with," Diaz did a great job." A what? Walks the first batter he faces with bases loaded. Talk about a pitcher who has lost confidence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88

2019 NY Mets 4 hours 29 minutes ago #356350

• JackofVirginia
Is it me or is everyone surprised that once Alonso reached 91 RBI no announcer on SNY mentioned this achievement.

2019 NY Mets 4 hours 26 minutes ago #356351

• JackofVirginia
I knew we were in trouble last night when Frazier was batting fifth. And don't let us forget the bottom of the order Nido and Tejada -yikes!

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter