Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356088

  • Tommy O 54
  • Tommy O 54's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 381
  • Thank you received: 300
Something needs to be done about Diaz hes terrible and might cost the playoffs this year....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356089

  • Logen
  • Logen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3445
  • Thank you received: 1855

sjc88 wrote:

Logen wrote:

JackofVirginia wrote:

Logen wrote: Now for Syndegaard, Sid Fernandez revisited, great stuff but has to nibble, nibble, nibble driving up the pitch count and forcing himself into situations where hitters know he has to throw a strike. Should be dominant if he had the seeds to trust his stuff and challenge hitters. Venting again but I have watched him enough to stand by my opinion.


I agree with your belief that Syndergaard is frustrating and not pitching to full potential. However, in fairness, he is 8-5 which is second to Wheeler on the Mets who has 9 wins. Both more than de Grom with 7. His ERA is 3.89 which is below league average 4.51. Also Syndergaard is in a streak of 6 consecutive starts of at least 7 innings. I don’t believe anyone on our starting staff has done that this year. Clearly he is not as good as JD.

NS is also 26 years old. Much younger than JD. Lifetime he is 45-27 with a 3.15 ERA. I am not trying to change your mind but it seems his bar has been set really high. I’d be worried about replacing him. Is it possible this guy really puts it together at 27 or 28....


Have to believe he will be gone after the season, should be able to get enough talent. After all we do need to fill our farm system.


I know nothing about the minors. All the “experts” missed on McNeil and Alonso so I will wait until guys come to the bigs. At the end of the day, Syndegaard is a little over .500 with around a 4.00 ERA. Much better stuff than that, much better. I guess like the NBA it is more about “potential” than results. Modern sports are passing me bye because to me it is about consistency, not radar guns and highlights.


sjc88, good points. I did not realize his lifetime ERA was that low, in fact looked it up because my initial reaction was “no way” but you are right on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Beast of the East, sjc88

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356092

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 12255
  • Thank you received: 4839

Tommy O 54 wrote: Something needs to be done about Diaz hes terrible and might cost the playoffs this year....

I'm getting PTSD from him. Post Traumatic Stress Diaz
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88, Tommy O 54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356098

  • Spocky Ramone
  • Spocky Ramone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2165
  • Thank you received: 446

mjmaherjr wrote:

Tommy O 54 wrote: Something needs to be done about Diaz hes terrible and might cost the playoffs this year....

I'm getting PTSD from him. Post Traumatic Stress Diaz

Please throw something decent
I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace; that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress - K.I.T.T., “1776”
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356100

  • sjc88
  • sjc88's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2044
  • Thank you received: 879

Logen wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

Logen wrote:

JackofVirginia wrote:

Logen wrote: Now for Syndegaard, Sid Fernandez revisited, great stuff but has to nibble, nibble, nibble driving up the pitch count and forcing himself into situations where hitters know he has to throw a strike. Should be dominant if he had the seeds to trust his stuff and challenge hitters. Venting again but I have watched him enough to stand by my opinion.


I agree with your belief that Syndergaard is frustrating and not pitching to full potential. However, in fairness, he is 8-5 which is second to Wheeler on the Mets who has 9 wins. Both more than de Grom with 7. His ERA is 3.89 which is below league average 4.51. Also Syndergaard is in a streak of 6 consecutive starts of at least 7 innings. I don’t believe anyone on our starting staff has done that this year. Clearly he is not as good as JD.

NS is also 26 years old. Much younger than JD. Lifetime he is 45-27 with a 3.15 ERA. I am not trying to change your mind but it seems his bar has been set really high. I’d be worried about replacing him. Is it possible this guy really puts it together at 27 or 28....


Have to believe he will be gone after the season, should be able to get enough talent. After all we do need to fill our farm system.


I know nothing about the minors. All the “experts” missed on McNeil and Alonso so I will wait until guys come to the bigs. At the end of the day, Syndegaard is a little over .500 with around a 4.00 ERA. Much better stuff than that, much better. I guess like the NBA it is more about “potential” than results. Modern sports are passing me bye because to me it is about consistency, not radar guns and highlights.


sjc88, good points. I did not realize his lifetime ERA was that low, in fact looked it up because my initial reaction was “no way” but you are right on.


Logan, maybe I just have Nolan Ryan Derangement Syndrome. LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356101

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 12255
  • Thank you received: 4839
Not that I should be complaining except for Diaz but something I dont think I've mentioned here is I find Todd Fraziers batting stance really annoying

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356104

  • sjc88
  • sjc88's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2044
  • Thank you received: 879

mjmaherjr wrote: Not that I should be complaining except for Diaz but something I dont think I've mentioned here is I find Todd Fraziers batting stance really annoying


Todd Frazier not holding on to the damn bat is really super, super annoying. Maybe St. John’s own Joe Panik can teach Todd how to hold the bat. Rutgers must not teach that! :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356105

  • oldschool Redmen
  • oldschool Redmen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3275
  • Thank you received: 634

Spocky Ramone wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

Tommy O 54 wrote: Something needs to be done about Diaz hes terrible and might cost the playoffs this year....

I'm getting PTSD from him. Post Traumatic Stress Diaz

Please throw something decent


How did he get 57 saves last year with a 1.96
and looks so bad this year with a 5.32 era this year?

Mets should put Lugo in the closer role, or is there a rule that Diaz can't lose his closer role?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356110

  • Logen
  • Logen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3445
  • Thank you received: 1855

sjc88 wrote:

Logen wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

Logen wrote:

JackofVirginia wrote:

Logen wrote: Now for Syndegaard, Sid Fernandez revisited, great stuff but has to nibble, nibble, nibble driving up the pitch count and forcing himself into situations where hitters know he has to throw a strike. Should be dominant if he had the seeds to trust his stuff and challenge hitters. Venting again but I have watched him enough to stand by my opinion.


I agree with your belief that Syndergaard is frustrating and not pitching to full potential. However, in fairness, he is 8-5 which is second to Wheeler on the Mets who has 9 wins. Both more than de Grom with 7. His ERA is 3.89 which is below league average 4.51. Also Syndergaard is in a streak of 6 consecutive starts of at least 7 innings. I don’t believe anyone on our starting staff has done that this year. Clearly he is not as good as JD.

NS is also 26 years old. Much younger than JD. Lifetime he is 45-27 with a 3.15 ERA. I am not trying to change your mind but it seems his bar has been set really high. I’d be worried about replacing him. Is it possible this guy really puts it together at 27 or 28....


Have to believe he will be gone after the season, should be able to get enough talent. After all we do need to fill our farm system.


I know nothing about the minors. All the “experts” missed on McNeil and Alonso so I will wait until guys come to the bigs. At the end of the day, Syndegaard is a little over .500 with around a 4.00 ERA. Much better stuff than that, much better. I guess like the NBA it is more about “potential” than results. Modern sports are passing me bye because to me it is about consistency, not radar guns and highlights.


sjc88, good points. I did not realize his lifetime ERA was that low, in fact looked it up because my initial reaction was “no way” but you are right on.


Logan, maybe I just have Nolan Ryan Derangement Syndrome. LOL


I hear you and to clarify, I am not in favor of trading him. I just think he should be more aggressive in the strike zone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356115

  • sjc88
  • sjc88's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2044
  • Thank you received: 879

oldschool Redmen wrote:

Spocky Ramone wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

Tommy O 54 wrote: Something needs to be done about Diaz hes terrible and might cost the playoffs this year....

I'm getting PTSD from him. Post Traumatic Stress Diaz

Please throw something decent


How did he get 57 saves last year with a 1.96
and looks so bad this year with a 5.32 era this year?

Mets should put Lugo in the closer role, or is there a rule that Diaz can't lose his closer role?


Lugo has probably already been put in the closer role. He closed Game 2 of the Miami DH and Saturday night against Nats. He has some kind of partial tear in his arm similar, I believe to Tanaka. As he pitched two innings on Saturday he was not available on Sunday. So Diaz is no longer “locked” into that role.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oldschool Redmen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight