Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356031

  • JackofVirginia
  • JackofVirginia's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3048
  • Thank you received: 635

SJU2000alum15 wrote: What a game a win like that really makes you think they are for real. A 4 run 9th Game tying three run homer by the toddfather then the Conforto walkoff!!! Even a single for Panik!!



Call me bias but wanted to hear more credit given to Panik. After all his hit in the ninth was the winning run.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East, romiSJU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356036

  • Logen
  • Logen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3445
  • Thank you received: 1855

JackofVirginia wrote:

Logen wrote: 2 games is nothing to go on, but first impression from someone who watches no AL baseball, Stroman looks very hittable, far from what I expected. I do assume he is much better than he has pitched in his first two starts.




Supposedly not a strikeout pitcher. Really depends on keeping his fastball low. Last night got hit when it was belt high. Have to love his enthusiasm.


I don’t care about strikeouts except situationally but any pitcher at the ML level is going to get hit if the ball is belt high. I am certainly not judging him on two starts, just venting last night. Amazing game, you don’t win many when the oppositions first 5 batters total 12 hits and two walks. Ride this roll as long as you can.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356046

  • Logen
  • Logen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3445
  • Thank you received: 1855
Now for Syndegaard, Sid Fernandez revisited, great stuff but has to nibble, nibble, nibble driving up the pitch count and forcing himself into situations where hitters know he has to throw a strike. Should be dominant if he had the seeds to trust his stuff and challenge hitters. Venting again but I have watched him enough to stand by my opinion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356051

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 12244
  • Thank you received: 4831
LFGM !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356052

  • Logen
  • Logen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3445
  • Thank you received: 1855

mjmaherjr wrote: LFGM !


For sure!! Me, I’m going to keep venting about their starters out of my a$$ as long as they keep making me look like an idiot. :P ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356063

  • sjc88
  • sjc88's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2044
  • Thank you received: 879
When Luis Guillorme is hitting game tying pinch hit homers, you know the Mets are living right. LFGM!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356074

  • JackofVirginia
  • JackofVirginia's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3048
  • Thank you received: 635

Logen wrote: Now for Syndegaard, Sid Fernandez revisited, great stuff but has to nibble, nibble, nibble driving up the pitch count and forcing himself into situations where hitters know he has to throw a strike. Should be dominant if he had the seeds to trust his stuff and challenge hitters. Venting again but I have watched him enough to stand by my opinion.



Have to believe he will be gone after the season, should be able to get enough talent. After all we do need to fill our farm system.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356084

  • Logen
  • Logen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3445
  • Thank you received: 1855

JackofVirginia wrote:

Logen wrote: Now for Syndegaard, Sid Fernandez revisited, great stuff but has to nibble, nibble, nibble driving up the pitch count and forcing himself into situations where hitters know he has to throw a strike. Should be dominant if he had the seeds to trust his stuff and challenge hitters. Venting again but I have watched him enough to stand by my opinion.



Have to believe he will be gone after the season, should be able to get enough talent. After all we do need to fill our farm system.


I know nothing about the minors. All the “experts” missed on McNeil and Alonso so I will wait until guys come to the bigs. At the end of the day, Syndegaard is a little over .500 with around a 4.00 ERA. Much better stuff than that, much better. I guess like the NBA it is more about “potential” than results. Modern sports are passing me bye because to me it is about consistency, not radar guns and highlights.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356085

  • sjc88
  • sjc88's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2044
  • Thank you received: 879

Logen wrote:

JackofVirginia wrote:

Logen wrote: Now for Syndegaard, Sid Fernandez revisited, great stuff but has to nibble, nibble, nibble driving up the pitch count and forcing himself into situations where hitters know he has to throw a strike. Should be dominant if he had the seeds to trust his stuff and challenge hitters. Venting again but I have watched him enough to stand by my opinion.


I agree with your belief that Syndergaard is frustrating and not pitching to full potential. However, in fairness, he is 8-5 which is second to Wheeler on the Mets who has 9 wins. Both more than de Grom with 7. His ERA is 3.89 which is below league average 4.51. Also Syndergaard is in a streak of 6 consecutive starts of at least 7 innings. I don’t believe anyone on our starting staff has done that this year. Clearly he is not as good as JD.

NS is also 26 years old. Much younger than JD. Lifetime he is 45-27 with a 3.15 ERA. I am not trying to change your mind but it seems his bar has been set really high. I’d be worried about replacing him. Is it possible this guy really puts it together at 27 or 28....


Have to believe he will be gone after the season, should be able to get enough talent. After all we do need to fill our farm system.


I know nothing about the minors. All the “experts” missed on McNeil and Alonso so I will wait until guys come to the bigs. At the end of the day, Syndegaard is a little over .500 with around a 4.00 ERA. Much better stuff than that, much better. I guess like the NBA it is more about “potential” than results. Modern sports are passing me bye because to me it is about consistency, not radar guns and highlights.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 NY Mets 11 months 3 weeks ago #356086

  • Logen
  • Logen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3445
  • Thank you received: 1855
So coach speak time. Mets obviously in the midst of a great run and as a lifelong, mostly suffering fan, I could not be happier they are in the mix. Two out of three from the Nationals is a good weekend any way you cut it. However, let’s not lose sight of THE glaring weakness that I think will eventually do them in, the bullpen. They gave up 8 runs from the 7th inning on in the three games which was masked by the two comebacks. Their starters need to go deeper into games, simple as that. deGrom done in today by a laborious 1st inning topped off by his horrible cover of first, the error was given to Alonso but to me clearly it was deGrom’s bad. Anyway, on to the Braves and hopefully, keeping it going.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight