Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Super League 3 months 2 weeks ago #432573

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 760

gman post=432550 wrote: Sky News understands Chelsea are preparing documents to formally withdraw from the super league

Reportedly City is getting out as well.  Seems like it could lead to a total collapse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Super League 3 months 2 weeks ago #432575

• OhioFan
  • Thank you received: 680
I read another team or two may be doing the same thing.
Ubi Caritas, Where charity and love are, God is there.

Super League 3 months 2 weeks ago #432578

• OhioFan
  • Thank you received: 680
Ubi Caritas, Where charity and love are, God is there.

Super League 3 months 2 weeks ago #432580

• firestorm
  • Thank you received: 328
Glad to see this ill-conceived money grab running into problems. That said, I have no desire to gloat. I'm just too damn happy that the traditional structure and rivalries may stay intact! 

Last edit: by firestorm.

Super League 3 months 2 weeks ago #432584

• guinness77
  • Thank you received: 488
All of the English teams have officially pulled out. Levy’s statement was as weak as you know what and I’m embarrassed to support a team run by a guy like him. 

It was never about furthering the sport, or fortifying the club or the players, or making things better for the supporters, this was all about Daniel Levy trying to make Daniel Levy and the rest of ENIC money. At least Arsenal honed up to their mistake and apologized. Levy’s a worm through and through. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: firestorm

Super League 3 months 2 weeks ago #432585

• Section9
It's over, baby.  Barca, in a blatant attempt to cover their as$e$ said they were leaving because their fans demanded it and they are all about their fans.  Don't these people realize how bad they look when they make statements like that?  I guess they are just money driven.

Props to Arsenal, who said they made a mistake and apologized to their fans.  Class there.

Super League 3 months 2 weeks ago #432587

• Moose
  • Moose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 5625
Woodward resigning
Angelli resigning 

Wonder who else gets the axe after this.

Even rumblings FSG might be looking to sell Liverpool.  I know Arsenal fans are dying for Kroenke to sell.

Last edit: by Moose.

Super League 3 months 2 weeks ago #432588

• kranmars
  • Thank you received: 734
Crazy, but if the teams were going to get a $400 million euros to join,  I could see a club like Barcelona, that is in serious debt, want to jump at this.

As a fan of Napoli is Serie A, giving a big f-u to Juve, Inter, and Milan would have been nice. I mean, I do it anyway for no reason. Here I have one.

Super League 3 months 2 weeks ago #432594

• austour
  • Thank you received: 1275
Well that took quite a turn rather quickly.  And here I was hoping to hear some more enlightened musing on the subject from Kornheiser and Wilbon.  I swear they tried to talk about it yesterday and it was like watching the chimps try to type out Macbeth.  It was painful at best and disgusting at worst.  Those guys, especially Wilbon, have devolved to become an embarrassment to crotchety old men everywhere.

Super League 3 months 2 weeks ago #432642

• Section9
Reports that the five English sides are facing probable sanctions from the league.

Also, another report that some of the teams involved may not be quite done with the concept stating that the execution and timing were bad but the idea is sound.  Since Real were apparently at the point on this gotta think that it's their comments.  

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight