Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

UCL quarterfinals 4 months 2 weeks ago #426838

• Section9
  • Section9's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 760
Bayern drew the tough side of the draw first up is PSG, and then probably Man City after they dispose of Dortmund.  The other Premier League teams got off much easier with Liverpool facing Real and Chelsea against Porto.  Looks like the Londoners have a much easier path to the finals.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Section9.

UCL quarterfinals 4 months 2 weeks ago #426841

• OhioFan
  • Thank you received: 680
I'll bet PSG and MC are thinking the same thing.

You have to play the big boys sometime if you want to win the CL. The winner will definitely come from this side of the draw.

Ubi Caritas, Where charity and love are, God is there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85

UCL quarterfinals 3 months 3 weeks ago #431399

• TX Redman
  • Thank you received: 131
PSG edge it on away goals.  Two great games, BM hard hit by injuries. 

UCL quarterfinals 3 months 3 weeks ago #431400

• guinness77
  • Thank you received: 488

TX Redman post=431399 wrote: PSG edge it on away goals.  Two great games, BM hard hit by injuries. 

If they have Lewandoski alone, they win easy today. I didn’t get to see the entire game but they had some glorious chances the last half hour or so and just couldn’t finish. Oh well, was pulling for Bayern now I pull for the Magic Man to shove it in Levy’s face.

UCL quarterfinals 3 months 3 weeks ago #431401

• OhioFan
Injuries and COVID for half the friggin team. Lewa, Goretzka and Gnabry all out. Coman and Hernandez playing injured. Half the bench today was from Bayern II. Oh well, there is always next year.

AndLewa out because in injury for Poland against Andorra. Why was he even playing in the 90th minute of that match.

UCL quarterfinals 3 months 3 weeks ago #431403

• guinness77

OhioFan post=431401 wrote: Injuries and COVID for half the friggin team. Lewa, Goretzka and Gnabry all out. Coman and Hernandez playing injured. Half the bench today was from Bayern II. Oh well, there is always next year.

AndLewa out because in injury for Poland against Andorra. Why was he even playing in the 90th minute of that match.

Goretzka has really flourished into a powerhouse of a midfielder. Germany really needs to find a striker worth a damn with this great midfield they have.

UCL quarterfinals 3 months 3 weeks ago #431404

• OhioFan

guinness77 post=431403 wrote:

OhioFan post=431401 wrote: Injuries and COVID for half the friggin team. Lewa, Goretzka and Gnabry all out. Coman and Hernandez playing injured. Half the bench today was from Bayern II. Oh well, there is always next year.

Goretzka has really flourished into a powerhouse of a midfielder. Germany really needs to find a striker worth a damn with this great midfield they have.

There are plenty of German strikers, but they all suck or are too young. Plus, the current coach is an egotistic idiot. He won't be gone soon enough, see North Macedonia match.

UCL quarterfinals 3 months 3 weeks ago #431409

• guinness77

OhioFan post=431404 wrote:

guinness77 post=431403 wrote: Germany really needs to find a striker worth a damn with this great midfield they have.

There are plenty of German strikers, but they all suck or are too young.

That was kinda what I was getting at.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OhioFan

UCL quarterfinals 3 months 3 weeks ago #431453

• Section9
  • Section9's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 760

Agree, but Neymar, much as I dislike him, clanged two off the uprights and was just late for a cross to a wide open net, could have had two.  Neuer made some big saves and played the sweeper keeper, especially in the second half.

There is no way I'm rooting for PSG, I hope City puts a beat down on them af.ter they dispose of  Dortmund.  I'd also like to see Liverpool somehow get through against Real, but they have a big hill to climb there and they are not in the best form right now.

UCL quarterfinals 3 months 2 weeks ago #432108

• Moose
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 5625
Flick not returning to Bayern
Amazing how it all boils down to CL. Nothing else really matters anymore 

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight