World Cup Question 5 months 2 days ago #285208

• mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1663

Class of 72 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

TX Redman wrote: I was lucky enough to see some games here in 1994.

After watching McMafia, I have ruled out going to Russia in the near future. That and Putin.

That's another hesitation of mine. If we were able to do a tour in rest of Russia after the game in Sochi where I know there is a company responsible for us I wouldn't care as much but not crazy about the idea of winging it although if somehow we got legit tix for the Peru game in Sochi I'd be willing to take a chance

No offense Mike but neither Russia nor Qatar deserve to host the World Cup. Both of their federations are corrupt to the core.

I hear you. Basically was just considering this because this is Peru's first time making the world cup in something like 36 years so it' a huge deal in Peru. Might just fly down to Peru instead and watch the 2nd and third games there and tie in a side trip somewhere like the Amazon or something because still cant get tix on the Fifa website

That sounds like a better option. Ironically, the Peruvian national team of my youth in the 70's was a world power. Their greatest player, Teófilo Cubillas, affectionately known as Nene in Peru, played many years in the NASL in Florida. Sae him play a few times against the Cosmos.

BTW you just scored major points with Nathalie for not only knowing Nene but seeing him play.

I might need to use you as an out on some nights when I want to go out with my friends since you just made the good list. I cant use the same redmen guys every time :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Class of 72

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

World Cup Question 5 months 1 day ago #285240

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 406
The next two World Cups are a joke. I know going away for a WC would be an amazing experience but the next two countries are so suspect. Safe to say the 2026 World Cup in likely the US will have Peru because it will be the first expanded field. Granted its not going away but you will get to see them then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

World Cup Question 5 months 1 day ago #285242

• gman
  • Thank you received: 214
There was a big scandal where officials were given a bunch of tickets for free which they could then go out and sell on the open market. Basically a bribe without actually handing them cash. I’m sure that is why they now have the increased security on tickets.

World Cup Question 5 months 1 day ago #285248

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 352

mjmaherjr wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

After watching McMafia, I have ruled out going to Russia in the near future. That and Putin.

That's another hesitation of mine. If we were able to do a tour in rest of Russia after the game in Sochi where I know there is a company responsible for us I wouldn't care as much but not crazy about the idea of winging it although if somehow we got legit tix for the Peru game in Sochi I'd be willing to take a chance

No offense Mike but neither Russia nor Qatar deserve to host the World Cup. Both of their federations are corrupt to the core.

I hear you. Basically was just considering this because this is Peru's first time making the world cup in something like 36 years so it' a huge deal in Peru. Might just fly down to Peru instead and watch the 2nd and third games there and tie in a side trip somewhere like the Amazon or something because still cant get tix on the Fifa website

That sounds like a better option. Ironically, the Peruvian national team of my youth in the 70's was a world power. Their greatest player, Teófilo Cubillas, affectionately known as Nene in Peru, played many years in the NASL in Florida. Sae him play a few times against the Cosmos.

He is still a hero in Peru. Actually Nathalie showed me a documentary a few months ago about him. I think he lives in Florida now or he did at the time ( it was an older documentary )

I have my Guerrero Jersey or Kit or whatever you call it. Hoping they get past the first 3 games because then they'd play the 30th or 31st and it will be insane down there. Heck the entire country is going to pretty much stop during the first 3 games

Not trying to put a damper on things but Guerrero isn't likely to be able to play in the world cup due to a drug suspension.
www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-peru-soccer-...-20180515-story.html

Still will be a lot of fun in Peru. That would be my choice as to where you would want to watch the World Cup.

Last edit: by Andrew.

World Cup Question 5 months 1 day ago #285264

• mjmaherjr

Andrew wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

He is still a hero in Peru. Actually Nathalie showed me a documentary a few months ago about him. I think he lives in Florida now or he did at the time ( it was an older documentary )

I have my Guerrero Jersey or Kit or whatever you call it. Hoping they get past the first 3 games because then they'd play the 30th or 31st and it will be insane down there. Heck the entire country is going to pretty much stop during the first 3 games

Not trying to put a damper on things but Guerrero isn't likely to be able to play in the world cup due to a drug suspension.

Still will be a lot of fun in Peru. That would be my choice as to where you would want to watch the World Cup.

DAMN !!!! I thought it had reduced to 6 months and that was it. Ughhhhhhhhh

I drink that Coca tea in the high altitudes. It really helps with altitude sickness

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

World Cup Question 5 months 1 day ago #285266

• mjmaherjr
So basically they reduced it to 6 months which would have let him play but he wanted to clear his names went to fight to get it annulled and then they ended up making it 14 months. Where is the justice in that ? Holy cow

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

World Cup Question 5 months 1 day ago #285299

• austour
  • Thank you received: 361
Essentially made it clear he was supposed to shut up and dribble.

World Cup Question 5 months 1 day ago #285318

• mjmaherjr
The newest coca tea in Peru
Attachments:

World Cup Question 5 months 1 day ago #285321

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 352

mjmaherjr wrote:

Andrew wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

DAMN !!!! I thought it had reduced to 6 months and that was it. Ughhhhhhhhh

I drink that Coca tea in the high altitudes. It really helps with altitude sickness

Sounds ridiculous to me.

World Cup Question 4 months 3 weeks ago #286229

• mjmaherjr

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2

ATTENTION:

Major updates were made to the servers / software hosting redmen.com. There was also one significant change to the website this week to address keeping up with current standards and practices.

It has now become standard practice for all websites to be served as https (as opposed to the original http).

A couple of years ago I enabled https on the site as optional but as of today, the site is forcing https. Any link coming into the site should be automatically converted on the fly and you should not have to do anything on your end.

However if you do notice recent problems, please contact me directly via email: webmaster@redmen.com or via private message on the site.

Also if you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul