Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: World Cup Question

World Cup Question 6 months 6 days ago #284862

• mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1792
Has anyone here ever been to the World Cup ? On the Fifa website the third game for Peru in Sochi says unavailable. I looked online for resellers and found a link to a stub hub type thing but then I read that FIFA is issuing special tix with your name and some sort of hologram on them and that you need a separately issued fifa id to get into the stadium and that if you buy from a reseller you wont get in

Does anyone have any idea about this or any legit companies that do packages ? I guess kind of like what CoSport does with the olympics ( which is a ripoff )

The one tour company that seems legit in Peru that Nathalie found wants like 8k per person for a 6 day 1 game package and no way am I going to get ripped off for that for 1 game and only a few days in Russia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

World Cup Question 6 months 5 days ago #284876

• OhioFan
  • Thank you received: 103

mjmaherjr wrote: Has anyone here ever been to the World Cup ? On the Fifa website the third game for Peru in Sochi says unavailable. I looked online for resellers and found a link to a stub hub type thing but then I read that FIFA is issuing special tix with your name and some sort of hologram on them and that you need a separately issued fifa id to get into the stadium and that if you buy from a reseller you wont get in

Does anyone have any idea about this or any legit companies that do packages ? I guess kind of like what CoSport does with the olympics ( which is a ripoff )

The one tour company that seems legit in Peru that Nathalie found wants like 8k per person for a 6 day 1 game package and no way am I going to get ripped off for that for 1 game and only a few days in Russia

I want to but haven't made one yet. I'll ask for you on the soccer board I belong to and let you know.
14What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?15If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the...
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

World Cup Question 6 months 5 days ago #284879

• mjmaherjr

OhioFan wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote: Has anyone here ever been to the World Cup ? On the Fifa website the third game for Peru in Sochi says unavailable. I looked online for resellers and found a link to a stub hub type thing but then I read that FIFA is issuing special tix with your name and some sort of hologram on them and that you need a separately issued fifa id to get into the stadium and that if you buy from a reseller you wont get in

I want to but haven't made one yet. I'll ask for you on the soccer board I belong to and let you know.

Thanks I really appreciate that

World Cup Question 6 months 5 days ago #284923

• OhioFan
Nothing yet, but everyone was focused on the final week of the Bundesliga yesterday.
14What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?15If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the...
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

World Cup Question 6 months 5 days ago #284924

• mjmaherjr

OhioFan wrote: Nothing yet, but everyone was focused on the final week of the Bundesliga yesterday.

Ok thx !

World Cup Question 6 months 4 days ago #284950

• Moose
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 487

OhioFan wrote: Nothing yet, but everyone was focused on the final week of the Bundesliga yesterday.

Focused on what exactly? The league was determined in what November? ;)

Maybe they are all fans of the dinosaur finally going down.

World Cup Question 6 months 4 days ago #284955

• Chris7
  • Thank you received: 62

Don't go. As much as it sucks, wait it out 8 years. Russia and Qatar are not places I can recommend going to.

With that said, it seems as if StubHub does have a dedicated international site to sell tickets, i.e: intl.stubhub.com/football-world-cup-2018...80&utm_source=sh-com

Last edit: by Chris7.

World Cup Question 6 months 4 days ago #284958

• mjmaherjr

Chris7 wrote:

Don't go. As much as it sucks, wait it out 8 years. Russia and Qatar are not places I can recommend going to.

With that said, it seems as if StubHub does have a dedicated international site to sell tickets, i.e: intl.stubhub.com/football-world-cup-2018...80&utm_source=sh-com

Thx I'll call stubhub but after reading the FIFA website I'm not sure I'm comfortable trying to buy from third party reseller. Especially not to Russia with all that planning etc

www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticke...transfer-resale.html

World Cup Question 6 months 4 days ago #284964

• OhioFan

Moose wrote:

Yes, cheering for Hamburg to be relegated!

World Cup Question 6 months 3 days ago #285030

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1931

OhioFan wrote:

Moose wrote:

Yes, cheering for Hamburg to be relegated!

My nephew and niece live in Cologne but they are rabid Borussia Dortmund fans. It is hard to be a fan of FC Köln when they are annually bottom dwellers. This year they are are even worse than Hamburg!
The Bundesliga is likely the strongest league in Europe but this year especially it is Bayern and everyone else.

Moose: Just finished watching NYCFC-L.A.;)
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2