Class of 72 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I am not sure where ASU will be ranked in the next poll but it is going to be in the top ten. Based on last week, where five of the nine undefeated teams in the top 25 lost at least one time and ASU beat both St. John's in the Staples Center and Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse by double digits, ASU should be a top five or six team. They have four very good wins on their resume (Xavier and Kansas State in addition to St. John's and Kansas). Additionally winning against Kansas when they are playing at home is a rare and difficult thing to do.

St. John's loss to ASU was frustrating but make no mistake they did not hurt their resume by being competitive with this team until the last two minutes. ASU is very good and Hurley is doing a great job there.

St. John's needs to stay healthy, continue to play tough defense night in and night out and share the ball. If they do this they should be able to get enough quality wins to have a tournament worthy resume.

It could be argued that if we had not fallen apart twice late against zone defenses that we could have won either of the two games we lost this year. So far this season the cup is half full for me.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ncaab/asu/2017/12/10/asu-basketball-kansas-game/938845001/

"It could be argued that if we had not fallen apart twice late against zone defenses that we could have won either of the two games we lost this year."

Correct! You have reiterated what every arm chair coach here has been saying for a while now. This is where Mullin's inexperience becomes most obvious. It is also where having a bona fide assistant with college experience would have helped. We are.......
usguard Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Thats why I SAID BEFORE THE GAME That the staff had to get them up because we keep falling behind. With teams of less talent you can come back Frankly staff did not get them up emotionally so that they would come out and play 40 mins YES WE CAME BACK BUT IF THAT CONTINUES we will not have a good yr No reason to come out of the gate like that IT has been the
story for to many games Have to correct it fast
Need the next 2 wins
NCJohnnie Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I am not sure where ASU will be ranked in the next poll but it is going to be in the top ten. Based on last week, where five of the nine undefeated teams in the top 25 lost at least one time and ASU beat both St. John's in the Staples Center and Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse by double digits, ASU should be a top five or six team. They have four very good wins on their resume (Xavier and Kansas State in addition to St. John's and Kansas). Additionally winning against Kansas when they are playing at home is a rare and difficult thing to do.

St. John's loss to ASU was frustrating but make no mistake they did not hurt their resume by being competitive with this team until the last two minutes. ASU is very good and Hurley is doing a great job there.

St. John's needs to stay healthy, continue to play tough defense night in and night out and share the ball. If they do this they should be able to get enough quality wins to have a tournament worthy resume.

It could be argued that if we had not fallen apart twice late against zone defenses that we could have won either of the two games we lost this year. So far this season the cup is half full for me.
[i][/i]

Great post! Given the strength of the BE and our non-conference schedule, 20 wins will almost certainly get us into the tournament. Fingers crossed that Marcus is recovering well and team benefits from a well-deserved rest!
ghostzapper Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ncaab/asu/2017/12/10/asu-basketball-kansas-game/938845001/
Andrew Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
We played very hard, but not having Marcus hurt. Ponds obviously felt extra pressure to score and had a bad game. Bottom line, we are at a good place at this point in the season. Need to win next three and go from there.

I believe they had a top player hurt too, should that make it even? See that's excuses

Be satisfied with the L if you want. The last 2 years I would have been too.
Not doing moral bs this year, gotta get it done now.

One last thing without making a new post.
They'll probably lose to Duke, so Iona and Saint Joe's are to me must must wins if they want in the NCAA tourny.

9-3OCC and just to get to 20 wins they'll need to go 11-7. 22 wins to be sure?
Maybe 2 in the BE tourny? To me it's still NIT or bust, that's still improvement over a 15 win team next year.

I think next year when they'll have more depth and height is the year that they'll really be dangerous.

I am not ready to write off the NCAA’s just yet. However the next three games are huge as we all agree we can’t afford to lose to Iona or St. Joe’s. Then we start the conference against Providence at home which I believe will set the tone for the remainder of the season.
Paultzman Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
ASU over Kansas, Hurley boys can recruit & coach.
NCJohnnie Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
ASU leads Kansas 70-57 with just over 9 minutes to play. They could be a top 10 team if they win that one.
MarkRedman Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo

We have to have quality wins against rank teams to be considered

We'll have several chances to do this during league season
usguard Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
If he continues playing like this he will be around next yr If his shooting greatly improves and he then carries the team far in the big East being the cause for us making the ncaas then Pro's will pay attention otherwise can not seeing interest Now the AS games was winnable and if he preformed and got us the win pro eyes would have open even thought he is small considering pro guards
H eis a real good player but to make the next level at his size he has to be a really great player

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.