Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mikey Dixon

Mikey Dixon 1 week 6 days ago #294298

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2445
  • Thank you received: 1249

redken wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

AlBovino wrote: I think the "Ass of 72" protesteth too much.


Perhaps.
Now does someone have an intelligent retort to the time line?

Are alternative facts acceptable?


Lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mikey Dixon 1 week 6 days ago #294302

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6571
  • Thank you received: 1638

redken wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

AlBovino wrote: I think the "Ass of 72" protesteth too much.


Perhaps.
Now does someone have an intelligent retort to the time line?

Are alternative facts acceptable?


I'm sure we will get a good spin sooner or later but it is what it was. Just don't get the need to have fans beat each other up over nonsense like Mike Rice or anything else on this forum if it was not necessary. I'm not sure how stringing Mike Rice along helped with any of his players we are involved with but at St. John's most wounds have been self inflicted so nothing surprises me.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, Chicago Days, ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mikey Dixon 1 week 4 days ago #294426

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 18582
  • Thank you received: 4938
Per Rothstein
Well embedded moles in Queens say that two transfers --- LJ Figueroa and Mikey Dixon --- have shined early in team workouts for St. John's. Dixon was MAAC ROY in 16-17. #SJUBB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112, mjmaherjr, SJU85, IDRAFT, capmaker, panther2, richard A Steinfeld, L J S A, JohnnyFan, Chicago Days and 2 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mikey Dixon 1 week 4 days ago #294427

  • Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Windy City Johnny Fan's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 353
  • Thank you received: 412

Paultzman wrote: Per Rothstein
Well embedded moles in Queens say that two transfers --- LJ Figueroa and Mikey Dixon --- have shined early in team workouts for St. John's. Dixon was MAAC ROY in 16-17. #SJUBB


[Standard "if Heron gets cleared disclaimer], we are going to straight up run teams out of the gym this season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mikey Dixon 1 week 4 days ago #294438

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2445
  • Thank you received: 1249

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Per Rothstein
Well embedded moles in Queens say that two transfers --- LJ Figueroa and Mikey Dixon --- have shined early in team workouts for St. John's. Dixon was MAAC ROY in 16-17. #SJUBB


[Standard "if Heron gets cleared disclaimer], we are going to straight up run teams out of the gym this season.


This is great news and reinforces my view about Figgy, and gives me confidence that Dixon can also make a tangible difference.
I agree with WIndy City: with Mustapha, there won't be many teams that can stay with us.
Further, hoping this translates into shut-down D.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mikey Dixon 1 week 4 days ago #294446

  • Section9
  • Section9's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1411
  • Thank you received: 175
Mikey is exactly the type of mid-major kid who would come into AH/CA and destroy us. It's going to be fun to have him on our side for three years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, mjmaherjr, OLV72, JohnnyFan, Chicago Days, Alex Goldberg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mikey Dixon 1 week 2 days ago #294517

  • MCNPA
  • MCNPA's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3292
  • Thank you received: 57
I think he’s gonna be huge for us because he’s a scoring guard and takes a ton of pressure off Ponds. Add Heron and we are one of the toughest teams to guard in the country imo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mikey Dixon 1 week 2 days ago #294521

  • Paul Massell
  • Paul Massell's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3930
  • Thank you received: 569

MCNPA wrote: I think he’s gonna be huge for us because he’s a scoring guard and takes a ton of pressure off Ponds. Add Heron and we are one of the toughest teams to guard in the country imo.


If the passing is good this season it will be extremely difficult to defend us. Passing will be the difference maker and I hope all the guys get that. Many teams never figure that out.
“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2, JohnnyFan, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mikey Dixon 1 week 2 days ago #294522

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6571
  • Thank you received: 1638

Paul Massell wrote:

MCNPA wrote: I think he’s gonna be huge for us because he’s a scoring guard and takes a ton of pressure off Ponds. Add Heron and we are one of the toughest teams to guard in the country imo.


If the passing is good this season it will be extremely difficult to defend us. Passing will be the difference maker and I hope all the guys get that. Many teams never figure that out.


I was impressed last season with the passing when Ponds was not the only option and expect Mullin to emphasize passing with the talent this year. Mullin was a great passer in his day and a skill he can teach with his eyes closed.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT, Frank61, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mikey Dixon 1 week 2 days ago #294526

  • redken
  • redken's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3758
  • Thank you received: 452

Paul Massell wrote:

MCNPA wrote: I think he’s gonna be huge for us because he’s a scoring guard and takes a ton of pressure off Ponds. Add Heron and we are one of the toughest teams to guard in the country imo.


If the passing is good this season it will be extremely difficult to defend us. Passing will be the difference maker and I hope all the guys get that. Many teams never figure that out.


Passing and scoring should be fine, but rebounding ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth