Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A Lot of Chatter

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291290

  • indyredmen97
  • indyredmen97's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 198
  • Thank you received: 78
I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been hoping for Coach Rice to get another chance, because we all mess up in life, and our values are best demonstrated when we allow people the opportunity to demonstrate that they’ve learned from their mistakes. Selfishly I think he has talent, both on the bench and on the recruiting trail. I hope he joins us and does so soon. This is our time, let’s get it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, Room112, Paultzman, Tonyinfairfield , frank61, RedStormRising, panther2, Tom in Salem, Patrick C ripdumaine, Chicago Days and 2 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291291

  • oldschool Redmen
  • oldschool Redmen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2026
  • Thank you received: 146

firestorm wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

MarkRedman wrote: I wish the chatter would stop and he would sign a contract with us

Be patient, always an inclusive process in hires like this. Sense soon.


This is exciting news. The growing pool of talent on the court and on the sideline is very promising. Please give me a heads up when the other shoe is about to fall...


Don't do it to yourseld firestorm. Let him siggn then yeah get excited.
If he don't, then everyone get disappointed, so why not let it happen first?
Patience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291293

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2169
  • Thank you received: 1091

indyredmen97 wrote: I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been hoping for Coach Rice to get another chance, because we all mess up in life, and our values are best demonstrated when we allow people the opportunity to demonstrate that they’ve learned from their mistakes. Selfishly I think he has talent, both on the bench and on the recruiting trail. I hope he joins us and does so soon. This is our time, let’s get it!


You nailed it, indyred. Couldn’t agree more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291295

  • Mike Zaun
  • Mike Zaun's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 363
  • Thank you received: 242
Guys, let's stop beating a dead horse. Just wait it out. Jk, what fun is that?

IMO Rice is the right hire whether or not he brings any recruits with him. If we get ANY of those major targets it will be huge, but I'm expecting none and hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised. He adds experience at a high level, NJ recruiting, energy, etc. He's plug and go, he knows the deal from day 1. That's very valuable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2, Chicago Days, Dan V, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291301

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 18337
  • Thank you received: 4476

Mike Zaun wrote: Guys, let's stop beating a dead horse. Just wait it out. Jk, what fun is that?

IMO Rice is the right hire whether or not he brings any recruits with him. If we get ANY of those major targets it will be huge, but I'm expecting none and hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised. He adds experience at a high level, NJ recruiting, energy, etc. He's plug and go, he knows the deal from day 1. That's very valuable.

Scary, but I agree w you. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, Tom in Salem, Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291302

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9751
  • Thank you received: 1425

Paultzman wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote: Guys, let's stop beating a dead horse. Just wait it out. Jk, what fun is that?

IMO Rice is the right hire whether or not he brings any recruits with him. If we get ANY of those major targets it will be huge, but I'm expecting none and hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised. He adds experience at a high level, NJ recruiting, energy, etc. He's plug and go, he knows the deal from day 1. That's very valuable.

Scary, but I agree w you. :)

his best post to date. Completely agree with it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Tonyinfairfield , RedStormRising, Tom in Salem, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291304

  • Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Windy City Johnny Fan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 276
  • Thank you received: 295

mjmaherjr wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote: Guys, let's stop beating a dead horse. Just wait it out. Jk, what fun is that?

IMO Rice is the right hire whether or not he brings any recruits with him. If we get ANY of those major targets it will be huge, but I'm expecting none and hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised. He adds experience at a high level, NJ recruiting, energy, etc. He's plug and go, he knows the deal from day 1. That's very valuable.

Scary, but I agree w you. :)

his best post to date. Completely agree with it


List of Forum Topics, July 2023:

July Evaluation Period

Nice Article on HC St. Jean

Rice Rumors Heating Back Up - Will we finally pull the trigger?

Yankees 2023

New 2028 Offer

Mitch Contract Extension - Only Required to Attend Practices on Mondays and Wednesdays
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112, capmaker, RedStormNC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291307

  • MarkRedman
  • MarkRedman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3024
  • Thank you received: 208

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote: Guys, let's stop beating a dead horse. Just wait it out. Jk, what fun is that?

IMO Rice is the right hire whether or not he brings any recruits with him. If we get ANY of those major targets it will be huge, but I'm expecting none and hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised. He adds experience at a high level, NJ recruiting, energy, etc. He's plug and go, he knows the deal from day 1. That's very valuable.

Scary, but I agree w you. :)

his best post to date. Completely agree with it


List of Forum Topics, July 2023:

July Evaluation Period

Nice Article on HC St. Jean

Rice Rumors Heating Back Up - Will we finally pull the trigger?

Yankees 2023

New 2028 Offer

Mitch Contract Extension - Only Required to Attend Practices on Mondays and Wednesdays



Looks like they are increasing Mitch's work load
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem, Windy City Johnny Fan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291310

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2169
  • Thank you received: 1091

MarkRedman wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote: Guys, let's stop beating a dead horse. Just wait it out. Jk, what fun is that?

IMO Rice is the right hire whether or not he brings any recruits with him. If we get ANY of those major targets it will be huge, but I'm expecting none and hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised. He adds experience at a high level, NJ recruiting, energy, etc. He's plug and go, he knows the deal from day 1. That's very valuable.

Scary, but I agree w you. :)

his best post to date. Completely agree with it


List of Forum Topics, July 2023:

July Evaluation Period

Nice Article on HC St. Jean

Rice Rumors Heating Back Up - Will we finally pull the trigger?

Yankees 2023

New 2028 Offer

Mitch Contract Extension - Only Required to Attend Practices on Mondays and Wednesdays



Looks like they are increasing Mitch's work load


LOL!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291312

  • Beast of the East
  • Beast of the East's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9250
  • Thank you received: 753

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote: Guys, let's stop beating a dead horse. Just wait it out. Jk, what fun is that?

IMO Rice is the right hire whether or not he brings any recruits with him. If we get ANY of those major targets it will be huge, but I'm expecting none and hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised. He adds experience at a high level, NJ recruiting, energy, etc. He's plug and go, he knows the deal from day 1. That's very valuable.

Scary, but I agree w you. :)

his best post to date. Completely agree with it


List of Forum Topics, July 2023:

July Evaluation Period

Nice Article on HC St. Jean

Rice Rumors Heating Back Up - Will we finally pull the trigger?

Yankees 2023

New 2028 Offer

Mitch Contract Extension - Only Required to Attend Practices on Mondays and Wednesdays


I'd imagine this comes with a salary reduction. Perhaps to clear space to add another assistant, but to have him observe practices and work with some guys one on one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Windy City Johnny Fan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth