Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A Lot of Chatter

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291263

• Spocky Ramone
  • Thank you received: 43

Paultzman wrote:

usguard wrote: dO YOU REALLY THINK HE WILL COME ON BOARD or is it just a pipe dream

Not a pipe dream

I distinctly recall you saying you got this information from Chris Obekpa.

Watching out for a sunny day where there’s
Love and darkness and my sidearm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Tom in Salem, JohnnyFan, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Watching out for a sunny day where there’s
Love and darkness and my sidearm

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291265

• Dan V
  • Thank you received: 80
Rice would give us a better chance to get some of those rio kids too. Win win for both sides. Lewis, Igiehon and Gaffney would be tremendous.

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291267

• 41ndone
  • Thank you received: 16

redmannorth wrote: You got me scared , I had to look twice. He could pass for my boy Joey Ts twin. Wow.
Let’s hope the chatter stops and he puts his signature on a contract with SJU , which I will be glad to draw up pro bono for SJU , even though there is a great executive employment lawyer who reads this forum. :)

Passed the bar? "You never passed a bar in your life!"

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291268

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 336

Dan V wrote: Rice would give us a better chance to get some of those rio kids too. Win win for both sides. Lewis, Igiehon and Gaffney would be tremendous.

Let's get this out there in case it happens. He brings one kid and it's worth it. If he doesn't bring 2 or 3 I don't want to hear people complaining.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, redken, IDRAFT, stjohnnie75, Tom in Salem, L J S A, JohnnyFan, Patrick C ripdumaine, Chicago Days and 1 other people also said thanks.

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291274

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 69
I think he’s worth it without bringing any kids.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlBovino, JohnnyFan, Dan V

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291278

• austour
  • Thank you received: 272

Moose wrote:

Dan V wrote: Rice would give us a better chance to get some of those rio kids too. Win win for both sides. Lewis, Igiehon and Gaffney would be tremendous.

Let's get this out there in case it happens. He brings one kid and it's worth it. If he doesn't bring 2 or 3 I don't want to hear people complaining.

If his only value was bringing in one or more of his present team members then it's another poor hire. Hopefully if he's hire he can help raise the overall recruiting profile long term as well as share his past head coaching experience with a staff that has none beside their on the job training.

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291279

• Mike
  • Thank you received: 55

austour wrote:

Moose wrote:

If his only value was bringing in one or more of his present team members then it's another poor hire. Hopefully if he's hire he can help raise the overall recruiting profile long term as well as share his past head coaching experience with a staff that has none beside their on the job training.

Im sure we can expect the latter.

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291284

• MarkRedman
  • Thank you received: 208

Paultzman wrote:

MarkRedman wrote: I wish the chatter would stop and he would sign a contract with us

Be patient, always an inclusive process in hires like this.

I understand, Paultz, but I can wish, can't I?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291287

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 1091

austour wrote:

Moose wrote:

I have no clue if Rice joins the team, if he'll be able to sway 1 - 2 of our Rio Team targets or none.
But I do expect him to improve the x/o skills on the staff, as well as add energy, depth, recruiting insights, and provide a strong connection to Area HS and AAU programs.
Sounds like a win-win to me and I remain in hope mode.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Tom in Salem

A Lot of Chatter 2 weeks 4 days ago #291288

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 116
Yes, if he brings Scottie 5* along with his experience it will be well worth it

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth