Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Knight - European Travel

Knight - European Travel 1 week 2 days ago #290089

• capmaker
  • Thank you received: 48

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Knight - European Travel 1 week 2 days ago #290092

• fuchsia
  • Thank you received: 57

panther2 wrote: My wife and I are taking a cruise of Greece for our anniversary the last week of August. We fly to Rome where we board the ship and then stop at the following places in Greece: Santorini, Mykonos, Athens, and Katakolon. We spend two nights in Rome before the cruise begins.

If anyone has recommendations for restaurants in Rome or things to do at the stops in Greece I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

The two we went back to were Settimio, near the Pantheon, and Il Giardino di Albino (Sardinian Cuisine), not far from the top of the Spanish steps. We had rented an apartment with another couple near the Via Veneto and walked to everything.

Knight - European Travel 1 week 2 days ago #290096

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 1337

gman wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:
Awesome story Mike

thx !

If you make it back to Paris, Les Papilles in the Latin Quarter should be on your radar. Frenchie sounds awesome, but our trips to Paris tends to be last minute and they book a long time in advance.[/quote] will definitely go back to Paris at some point as we want to go to Amsterdam and would tie that in with few days Belgium so we will definitely try your place in the Latin Quarter. Here was Bourdains tip to get into Frenchie that worked. Get there an hour before they open. Make sure it’s an hour and not 15 minutes. You will get your name first on the waiting list. Then you go to the wine tapas bar they own directly across that little street 30 feet away. If there is a cancellation you will be the first ones to get in. A table of 4 was Muslim and couldn’t eat what was being served that day ( menu changes every day with whatever the chef buys at the market that day ). At the time they did 2 seatings. 6 and 8 I think but you have to get your name on the list for thT first seating. It worked like a charm but worst case scenario you go to their wine bar and have drinks for an hour or 2 and go eat later dinner somewhere else

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

Knight - European Travel 1 week 2 days ago #290097

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 710

panther2 wrote: My wife and I are taking a cruise of Greece for our anniversary the last week of August. We fly to Rome where we board the ship and then stop at the following places in Greece: Santorini, Mykonos, Athens, and Katakolon. We spend two nights in Rome before the cruise begins.

If anyone has recommendations for restaurants in Rome or things to do at the stops in Greece I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

A close friend of mine graduated from St. Johns and lives in Rome. Her husband owns a restaurant near Termini and Santa Maria Maggiore. The restaurant name is Ristorante Leonetti. My friend's late brother was a St. Johh's season ticket holder until he died at a very young age.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth