Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Knight - European Travel

Knight - European Travel 1 week 6 days ago #289889

• Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 300

Paultzman wrote:

I'll have to be patient with the announcement as I'll be vacationing in Europe the next 2 weeks: Prague, Vienna, Salzburg and near Munich.
Anyone familiar with these area? Sorry for derailing this thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Knight - European Travel 1 week 6 days ago #289893

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 975
Prague is a fabulous old city—I think the only major city in Europe not bombed to pieces in WWII.
Great tower, bridges, a famous cathedral. Also, Franz Kafka’s home—a museum there.
The square where the Czechs faced the Soviet tanks is a haunting and inspiring site.
Enjoy your trip!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Knight

Last edit: by Chicago Days.

Knight - European Travel 1 week 6 days ago #289895

• bobo
  • Thank you received: 13

Chicago Days wrote: Prague is a fabulous old city—I think the only major city in Europe not bombed to pieces in WWII.
Great tower, bridges, a famous cathedral. Also, Franz Kafka’s home—a museum there.
The square where the Czechs faced the Soviet tanks is a haunting and inspiring site.
Enjoy your trip!

Prague is a great city and extremely inexpensive. Vienna is much more expensive. Great beers in both cities. Take a canal ride in all of your stops. In Vienna next to the Opera house is a restaurant known for sacher torte. Google it

Losing feels worse than winning feels good

Losing feels worse than winning feels good

Knight - European Travel 1 week 6 days ago #289896

• Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 300

bobo wrote:

Chicago Days wrote: Prague is a fabulous old city—I think the only major city in Europe not bombed to pieces in WWII.
Enjoy your trip!

Prague is a great city and extremely inexpensive. Vienna is much more expensive. Great beers in both cities. Take a canal ride in all of your stops. In Vienna next to the Opera house is a restaurant known for sacher torte. Google it

Chi & Bobo-Thanks. The amount of available information is daunting so I appreciate the "Redmen.com" filter to help screen Google's results.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Chicago Days

Knight - European Travel 1 week 6 days ago #289900

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 101
Have a wonderful time
The following user(s) said Thank You: Knight

Knight - European Travel 1 week 6 days ago #289901

• gman
  • Thank you received: 194

Knight wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

I'll have to be patient with the announcement as I'll be vacationing in Europe the next 2 weeks: Prague, Vienna, Salzburg and near Munich.

Sent you a couple pm

Last edit: by gman.

Knight - European Travel 1 week 6 days ago #289904

• Porgyman
  • Thank you received: 20
Ah Vienna! I used to travel there 4-6 times per year for work. I really love that City. 3 recommendations.
1) One evening, get a bottle of wine and a picnic dinner. The Opera is shown on wide screens on the lawn next to the Opera House. Hundreds of people will be doing the same thing. It is a great time.
2) Try authentic Wiener schnitzel. The best in the city is at Plachutta. Located at 38 Wollzeile. Also great for Tafelspitz (boiled beef). It’s served from a gigantic pot at your table, and is awesome.
3) For a fun day, take a cruise down the Danube to Bratislava. Great walking town with cobblestone streets and great restaurants.
Bonus tip: Vienna has great coffeehouses. Combined with a Sacher torte...and you are talking! Try the original tortes at the Hotel Sacher.
Please let me know if you need any more tips.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, TX Redman, Tom in Salem, Knight

Knight - European Travel 1 week 6 days ago #289905

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 116

Knight wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

The other guys have talked about Prague and Vienna. I can tell you that besides Bruges, Munich is my favorite city in Europe hit the Marianplatz first and check out the beer halls and go from there. The food is great and if you're into culture there's plenty to see and do. If you've got couple of days rent a car and head south to the Black Forrest area hit any of the picturesque towns, Oberamagau is probably the best known. And check out Neuschmantein (sp.) Castle.

Salzburg is much more compact but equally loaded, you can see most of the city on foot. And take a tour of the salt mine, no joke.

Have a great time, it'll be hard not to.

Knight - European Travel 1 week 6 days ago #289908

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 440
Last 10 posts or so belong in the All Things Maher thread you know the Traveling Man! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, panther2, Tom in Salem, Knight, NCJohnnie

Knight - European Travel 1 week 6 days ago #289909

• NCJohnnie
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 838
bamafan wrote: Last 10 posts or so belong in the All Things Maher thread you know the Traveling Man!

I thought maybe Mitch had been spotted in Prague.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem, Knight, Chicago Days

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth