Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Excellent Cole Anthony Article

Excellent Cole Anthony Article 2 months 2 weeks ago #289891

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 18624
  • Thank you received: 5012
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, L J S A, Chicago Days, Alex Goldberg, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Excellent Cole Anthony Article 2 months 2 weeks ago #289892

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2489
  • Thank you received: 1279
Great piece, Paultz! Thanks.
One-driven, well-rounded kid. Wow.
The best of luck to him.
Hope he becomes a Knick and leads them back!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Excellent Cole Anthony Article 2 months 2 weeks ago #289918

  • Monte
  • Monte's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4544
  • Thank you received: 217

Paultzman wrote: nypost.com/2018/07/07/nycs-best-high-sch...op-until-hes-on-top/


Heard not to long ago that Oak Hill a strong possibility. But nothing certain yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Excellent Cole Anthony Article 2 months 2 weeks ago #289942

  • RM86
  • RM86's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 499
  • Thank you received: 12

Monte wrote:

Paultzman wrote: nypost.com/2018/07/07/nycs-best-high-sch...op-until-hes-on-top/


Heard not to long ago that Oak Hill a strong possibility. But nothing certain yet.


Heard the same, Molloy is a mess. Lots of kids leaving. Until they get a new coach could be long road ahead. Problem is he doesn't want to go anywhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Chris7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Excellent Cole Anthony Article 2 months 2 weeks ago #289964

  • gman
  • gman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2944
  • Thank you received: 199
I did realise he is Greg Anthony’s son. Certainly has some good genes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Excellent Cole Anthony Article 2 months 2 weeks ago #289983

  • Chris7
  • Chris7's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 635
  • Thank you received: 48

RM86 wrote:

Monte wrote:

Paultzman wrote: nypost.com/2018/07/07/nycs-best-high-sch...op-until-hes-on-top/


Heard not to long ago that Oak Hill a strong possibility. But nothing certain yet.


Heard the same, Molloy is a mess. Lots of kids leaving. Until they get a new coach could be long road ahead. Problem is he doesn't want to go anywhere.


The current coach needs to the right thing and step aside, step aside last year. With the roster they had, they should have never lost a single game, not one game. Grossly incompetent coaching. Let him go back to being the AD, nice guy, but just cannot handle these caliber players. It's a shame they've allowed him to sit comfortably.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Excellent Cole Anthony Article 2 months 2 weeks ago #289984

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 6584
  • Thank you received: 1655

Chris7 wrote:

RM86 wrote:

Monte wrote:

Paultzman wrote: nypost.com/2018/07/07/nycs-best-high-sch...op-until-hes-on-top/


Heard not to long ago that Oak Hill a strong possibility. But nothing certain yet.


Heard the same, Molloy is a mess. Lots of kids leaving. Until they get a new coach could be long road ahead. Problem is he doesn't want to go anywhere.


The current coach needs to the right thing and step aside, step aside last year. With the roster they had, they should have never lost a single game, not one game. Grossly incompetent coaching. Let him go back to being the AD, nice guy, but just cannot handle these caliber players. It's a shame they've allowed him to sit comfortably.


So, you're saying coaching is integral to winning. I agree! But some of these 5 star players (2 on Molloy) should be able to carry their teams. They didn't and that's where the 1 and done nonsense reduces some coaches to being spectators.
Brown and Anthony, two of the best on the east shouldn't have had any problems with inferior competition but they did.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Excellent Cole Anthony Article 2 months 2 weeks ago #289985

  • Chris7
  • Chris7's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 635
  • Thank you received: 48

Class of 72 wrote:

Chris7 wrote:

RM86 wrote:

Monte wrote:

Paultzman wrote: nypost.com/2018/07/07/nycs-best-high-sch...op-until-hes-on-top/


Heard not to long ago that Oak Hill a strong possibility. But nothing certain yet.


Heard the same, Molloy is a mess. Lots of kids leaving. Until they get a new coach could be long road ahead. Problem is he doesn't want to go anywhere.


The current coach needs to the right thing and step aside, step aside last year. With the roster they had, they should have never lost a single game, not one game. Grossly incompetent coaching. Let him go back to being the AD, nice guy, but just cannot handle these caliber players. It's a shame they've allowed him to sit comfortably.


So, you're saying coaching is integral to winning. I agree! But some of these 5 star players (2 on Molloy) should be able to carry their teams. They didn't and that's where the 1 and done nonsense reduces some coaches to being spectators.
Brown and Anthony, two of the best on the east shouldn't have had any problems with inferior competition but they did.


I agree that two 5 star's should ideally be able to carry a team. However, when up against decent competition with good coaching or adaptive coaching, i.e- focusing on the stars, they can only do so much. I watched a number of the Molloy games, no organization, no set plays, and most significantly the players, 5 stars and not 5 stars, had no urgency and were very nonchalant during the games. Was tough to see sometimes. That all stems from coaching. Plus, Molloy was out-coached and never had answers to teams who focused on Moses and Cole on defense.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Excellent Cole Anthony Article 2 months 2 weeks ago #289987

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 6584
  • Thank you received: 1655

Chris7 wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

Chris7 wrote:

RM86 wrote:

Monte wrote:

Paultzman wrote: nypost.com/2018/07/07/nycs-best-high-sch...op-until-hes-on-top/


Heard not to long ago that Oak Hill a strong possibility. But nothing certain yet.


Heard the same, Molloy is a mess. Lots of kids leaving. Until they get a new coach could be long road ahead. Problem is he doesn't want to go anywhere.


The current coach needs to the right thing and step aside, step aside last year. With the roster they had, they should have never lost a single game, not one game. Grossly incompetent coaching. Let him go back to being the AD, nice guy, but just cannot handle these caliber players. It's a shame they've allowed him to sit comfortably.


So, you're saying coaching is integral to winning. I agree! But some of these 5 star players (2 on Molloy) should be able to carry their teams. They didn't and that's where the 1 and done nonsense reduces some coaches to being spectators.
Brown and Anthony, two of the best on the east shouldn't have had any problems with inferior competition but they did.


I agree that two 5 star's should ideally be able to carry a team. However, when up against decent competition with good coaching or adaptive coaching, i.e- focusing on the stars, they can only do so much. I watched a number of the Molloy games, no organization, no set plays, and most significantly the players, 5 stars and not 5 stars, had no urgency and were very nonchalant during the games. Was tough to see sometimes. That all stems from coaching. Plus, Molloy was out-coached and never had answers to teams who focused on Moses and Cole on defense.


My inference was that Brown and Anthony were part of the problem. The referenced article all but suggests that Cole is the next John Wall or Steph Curry and he may be, but, I certainly haven't seen that determination during some games where as you astutely pointed out, they were playing to the competition. Perhaps just growing pains of pampered high school stars but the coach needed at Molloy would have been a Mike Rice type to instill some discipline.
Speaking of Mike Rice..........where's Waldo?;)
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Class of 72.

Excellent Cole Anthony Article 2 months 1 week ago #290000

  • RM86
  • RM86's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 499
  • Thank you received: 12
Hearing there will be a new coach in place next year,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth