Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Staffing Change

Staffing Change 1 month 4 days ago #288486

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3975
Zach B stirring pot lol

“Seton Hall has made two quality coaching hires coming off three straight NCAA Tournament bids. St. John's, in need of an upgrade on the staff, has yet to do anything. Uncertain if they will.” #shbb #sjubb
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61, bamafan, Tom in Salem, JohnnyFan, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Staffing Change 1 month 4 days ago #288487

• Paultzman
Sense it should be clearer soon if CM stands pat on staff or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61, bamafan, Chicago Days

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Staffing Change 1 month 4 days ago #288488

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 380

Paultzman wrote: Zach B stirring pot lol

“Seton Hall has made two quality coaching hires coming off three straight NCAA Tournament bids. St. John's, in need of an upgrade on the staff, has yet to do anything. Uncertain if they will.” #shbb #sjubb

First off they had two openings. Secondly my guess is they could have hired two hand maidens and Zach would have called them quality. Third a few weeks ago he called the Skinn hire a mediocre hire. Nobody in the BE is losing sleep over these hires.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61

Staffing Change 1 month 4 days ago #288491

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 710
Maybe we should hire parents, siblings, or say coaches of 5 star recruits to be assistants

Staffing Change 1 month 4 days ago #288496

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 976
Zach’s negative tone is curious. Think he’s typically ‘positive’ when commenting about St. John’s. Hope he’s not privy to bad news.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia, JohnnyFan

Last edit: by Chicago Days.

Staffing Change 1 month 4 days ago #288499

• NCJohnnie
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 838
Chicago Days wrote: Zach’s negative tone is curious. Think he’s typically ‘positive’ when commenting about St. John’s. Hope he’s not privy to bad news.

If anything, I expect it's simply that Zach had heard a change to our staff was likely and now he is not so sure. Can't drive ourselves crazy about these things. It will be what it will be. Just hoping the MH waiver application is successful; that will make for a super exciting year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT, frank61, Chicago Days

Last edit: by NCJohnnie.

Staffing Change 1 month 4 days ago #288507

• Chicago Days

NCJohnnie wrote: Chicago Days wrote: Zach’s negative tone is curious. Think he’s typically ‘positive’ when commenting about St. John’s. Hope he’s not privy to bad news.

If anything, I expect it's simply that Zach had heard a change to our staff was likely and now he is not so sure. Can't drive ourselves crazy about these things. It will be what it will be. Just hoping the MH waiver application is successful; that will make for a super exciting year.

Agree NCJohnnie, can’t drive ourselves nuts about every innuendo. MH getting that hardship waiver would make our year. Let’s hope for that big time.
Let’s go Johnnies.

Staffing Change 1 month 4 days ago #288516

• Paultzman

Chicago Days wrote: Zach’s negative tone is curious. Think he’s typically ‘positive’ when commenting about St. John’s. Hope he’s not privy to bad news.

My read is he’s concerned that they might not add some college coaching experience to improve bench coaching on defensive end and beef up recruiting. Can’t say I disagree, but there are still enough pieces here to have a successful season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61, Chicago Days

Staffing Change 1 month 4 days ago #288517

• Chicago Days

Paultzman wrote:

My read is he’s concerned that they might not add some college coaching experience to improve bench coaching on defensive end and beef up recruiting. Can’t say I disagree, but there are still enough pieces here to have a successful season.

Thanks Paultz.
Agree we’ve got very nice pieces to produce a successful season.
Look at the bright side and don’t lose sleep about what’s in the wind and stuff we can’t control.
Que sera sera.
Let’s go Johnnies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Staffing Change 1 month 4 days ago #288518

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 188

Paultzman wrote:

Do you think there is still a chance St. Jean could leave for an NBA gig? Obviously, that would cause a big change for us and we'd be forced to bring in an experienced assistant.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth