Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: All Things World Cup

All Things World Cup 1 week 6 days ago #289906

  • Section9
  • Section9's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1367
  • Thank you received: 116
The Russia Croatia game was a war of attrition. Croatia two straight OT and PK games, don't know how much they've got left in the tank and Subicic will be questionable.

By comparison England has had a walk in the park.

My pick for the finals: Belgium and, regrettably, England.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 1 week 6 days ago #289907

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 9707
  • Thank you received: 1337
Thought virtually the entire game was boring but the last 15 minutes or so holy shit. Mom and Dad Maher beat Mjmaher but as long as I make sure they dont spend the potential winnings I'll inherit it in 20 years

If Russia shoots missiles like they do kicks the cold war was over a long time ago

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 1 week 6 days ago #289910

  • bamafan
  • bamafan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4581
  • Thank you received: 440
How long before the Putin orders the Russian team players, coaching staff and the referees shot in front of a firing squad for losing at home? :unsure: :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 1 week 6 days ago #289911

  • Section9
  • Section9's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1367
  • Thank you received: 116

Tom in Salem wrote: Neymar Challenge

twitter.com/hashtag/NeymarChallenge?src=hash


That is freaking hilarious, don't know which one is the funniest but I'm going with the chubby dude in the Neymar kit.:) :) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 1 week 6 days ago #289913

  • Section9
  • Section9's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1367
  • Thank you received: 116

bamafan wrote: How long before the Putin orders the Russian team players, coaching staff and the referees shot in front of a firing squad for losing at home? :unsure: :dry:


I''m thinking the ones who weren't singing the anthem in the pre-game are on their way to the gulag right now.;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 1 week 6 days ago #289914

  • Section9
  • Section9's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1367
  • Thank you received: 116

mjmaherjr wrote: Thought virtually the entire game was boring but the last 15 minutes or so holy shit. Mom and Dad Maher beat Mjmaher but as long as I make sure they dont spend the potential winnings I'll inherit it in 20 years

If Russia shoots missiles like they do kicks the cold war was over a long time ago


Inheritance??????? How much was the bet for?:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 1 week 6 days ago #289915

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 9707
  • Thank you received: 1337

Section9 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote: Thought virtually the entire game was boring but the last 15 minutes or so holy shit. Mom and Dad Maher beat Mjmaher but as long as I make sure they dont spend the potential winnings I'll inherit it in 20 years

If Russia shoots missiles like they do kicks the cold war was over a long time ago


Inheritance??????? How much was the bet for?:)

my parents are frugal to put it nicely
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 1 week 6 days ago #289926

  • simplyred
  • simplyred's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2664
  • Thank you received: 56
Kate Abdo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 1 week 6 days ago #289928

  • TX Redman
  • TX Redman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1629
  • Thank you received: 51

TX Redman wrote:

TX Redman wrote: My picks in (brackets):

Uruguay-Portugal (Portugal)
France-Argentina (France)
Brazil-Mexico (Brazil)
Belgium-Japan (Belgium)
Spain-Russia (Spain)
Croatia-Denmark (Croatia)
Sweden-Switzerland (Swiss)
Colombia-England (Colombia)

I could see any one of these going the other way though... :)


QF's:
Uruguay-France (France)
Brazil-Belgium (Belgium, please for the love of humanity)
Russia-Croatia (Croatia)
Sweden-England (England, unfortunately...)


France - Belgium (France) Should be a great game
Croatia - England (Croatia) It's not coming home... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 1 week 6 days ago #289929

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 9707
  • Thank you received: 1337

TX Redman wrote:

TX Redman wrote:

TX Redman wrote: My picks in (brackets):

Uruguay-Portugal (Portugal)
France-Argentina (France)
Brazil-Mexico (Brazil)
Belgium-Japan (Belgium)
Spain-Russia (Spain)
Croatia-Denmark (Croatia)
Sweden-Switzerland (Swiss)
Colombia-England (Colombia)

I could see any one of these going the other way though... :)


QF's:
Uruguay-France (France)
Brazil-Belgium (Belgium, please for the love of humanity)
Russia-Croatia (Croatia)
Sweden-England (England, unfortunately...)


France - Belgium (France) Should be a great game
Croatia - England (Croatia) It's not coming home... :)

if we had a bracket pool I would have come in last :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth