Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: All Things World Cup

All Things World Cup 2 weeks 2 days ago #289750

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 116

sirvoo wrote:

Moose wrote:

sirvoo wrote: I think there was universal agreement it was a penalty but the way I saw it, Kane initiated the contact and then began to fall down. At that point the Colombian defender was riding him to the ground.

Btw I noticed a report that while the Columbians were whining like babies in protest of the Pen one of their players was behind the huddle digging his boot into the spot and scuffed it entirely. They are dirty AF I have little respect for anyone on that team.

Kane definitely initiated contact. And I'm an Arsenal fan so no love for Kane. But its never the first one who initiates its always the retaliation as you know.

Yeah there are videos of #17 digging a hole at the spot.

This comes with a ton of bias but for my money Sokratis is the best centreback in the world. Good bit of business from the Gunners on that one.

There are three guys on Bayern that are better.;) He didn't exactly have a great last half of the season for Dortmund, maybe the change of scenery will do him some good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 2 weeks 2 days ago #289752

• Section9

Class of 72 wrote:

Section9 wrote: Not that this is WC specific, but is anybody buying the Ronaldo to Juve rumors? If true that would trigger some massive transfer spending by the big boys.

The old lady would immediately become one of the top 5 club teams in the world if that happens.

Too add to the insanity, the latest has M'bappe to Real. That'd be a great pick-up for them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem

All Things World Cup 2 weeks 2 days ago #289753

• Section9
Cavani probably out tomorrow, I'm going to have to flip to France.:(

All Things World Cup 2 weeks 2 days ago #289754

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 281

sirvoo wrote:

Moose wrote:

sirvoo wrote: I think there was universal agreement it was a penalty but the way I saw it, Kane initiated the contact and then began to fall down. At that point the Colombian defender was riding him to the ground.

Btw I noticed a report that while the Columbians were whining like babies in protest of the Pen one of their players was behind the huddle digging his boot into the spot and scuffed it entirely. They are dirty AF I have little respect for anyone on that team.

Kane definitely initiated contact. And I'm an Arsenal fan so no love for Kane. But its never the first one who initiates its always the retaliation as you know.

Yeah there are videos of #17 digging a hole at the spot.

This comes with a ton of bias but for my money Sokratis is the best centreback in the world. Good bit of business from the Gunners on that one.

Anything is better than Mustafi. Then again I'm giving all players a clean slate with Emery. A lot of fans don't like that Sokratis is older. Same with Lichtsteiner. For the next two years these vets need to get Arsenal back into Champions League. That's at least how I'm looking at the signings. And bridge the gap to the younger players who likely aren't totally ready yet and the influx of more money that comes with Champions.

All Things World Cup 2 weeks 2 days ago #289771

• sirvoo
  • Thank you received: 28
Sokratis and Manolas would make the best centreback pairing out there! If I’m not mistaken Arsenal already have another young Greek CB Mavropanos.

Still a few pieces missing for Arsenal to get back into the top 4. Not a fan of Ozil and saw they gave him the #10 smh.

All Things World Cup 2 weeks 2 days ago #289781

• Section9

sirvoo wrote: Sokratis and Manolas would make the best centreback pairing out there! If I’m not mistaken Arsenal already have another young Greek CB Mavropanos.

Still a few pieces missing for Arsenal to get back into the top 4. Not a fan of Ozil and saw they gave him the #10 smh.

Assuming Boateng stays put he and Hummels are pretty good. If Boatemg leaves than Sule could turn out to be a monster with Mats. Real has Ramos who is probably the best single center back in the world. Don't sleep on Barca. Umtiti is a rising power paired with Busquets.

The Arsenal guys may be the best in the Premier League, but maybe not in the world.

Ozil mailed it in during the Mexico game and looked disinterested at best.

All Things World Cup 2 weeks 1 day ago #289787

• Tom in Salem
  • Thank you received: 189
Not objective but the combination of Matic & Van Dyke for Liverpool at the end of the season was impressive.
Now if they only had a keeper...............

WE ARE BETTER THAN DePAUL

All Things World Cup 2 weeks 1 day ago #289803

• Section9

Tom in Salem wrote: Not objective but the combination of Matic & Van Dyke for Liverpool at the end of the season was impressive.

I don't really follow EPL, but what happened to Migniolet (Sp.)?

All Things World Cup 2 weeks 1 day ago #289805

• Tom in Salem
  • Thank you received: 189

Section9 wrote:

Tom in Salem wrote: Not objective but the combination of Matic & Van Dyke for Liverpool at the end of the season was impressive.

Manager Jurgen Klopp threw him in the dog house late in the year.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Section9

All Things World Cup 2 weeks 1 day ago #289816

• Section9

Tom in Salem wrote:

Section9 wrote:

Manager Jurgen Klopp threw him in the dog house late in the year.

A little national nepotism? That young German goalie blew it in the CL final. That being said, I like Klopp a lot. He features a speedy attacking style that's fun to watch. Too bad Bayern couldn't pry him away.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth