Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: All Things World Cup

All Things World Cup 2 months 3 weeks ago #289604

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 176

mjmaherjr wrote:

Section9 wrote:

Class of 72 wrote: Brazil advances easily over Mexico.
A contrast in styles and talent. Beautiful passing and ball control by the Brazilian team and he complete opposite by Mexico.

I know Maher may not like this, but I'm tired of all the overwrought emotional outbursts by the S./C. American teams. The protestations over every call/foul that goes against them, the rolling on the ground writhing in pain when they are tackled/touched it's getting old. Neymar got steped on in an out of bounds play but you would think by his reaction that he'd been dealt a mortal blow. Maybe the fact that he's one of the biggest, if not the biggest crybabies and complainers all game long led the ref to not even give a yellow. Only Ronaldo does it better, or worse.:huh: :P :P

flopping and acting annoys me too but the Euros definitely do it also because France was doing it big time against Peru. Personally I’d wish they go to replay and card the obvious acting

I'm convinced half of those frenchies are really from South America, so that explains it.B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 2 months 2 weeks ago #289611

• mjmaherjr
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1582

Section9 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

Section9 wrote:

Class of 72 wrote: Brazil advances easily over Mexico.
A contrast in styles and talent. Beautiful passing and ball control by the Brazilian team and he complete opposite by Mexico.

I know Maher may not like this, but I'm tired of all the overwrought emotional outbursts by the S./C. American teams. The protestations over every call/foul that goes against them, the rolling on the ground writhing in pain when they are tackled/touched it's getting old. Neymar got steped on in an out of bounds play but you would think by his reaction that he'd been dealt a mortal blow. Maybe the fact that he's one of the biggest, if not the biggest crybabies and complainers all game long led the ref to not even give a yellow. Only Ronaldo does it better, or worse.:huh: :P :P

flopping and acting annoys me too but the Euros definitely do it also because France was doing it big time against Peru. Personally I’d wish they go to replay and card the obvious acting

I'm convinced half of those frenchies are really from South America, so that explains it.B)

lol

All Things World Cup 2 months 2 weeks ago #289627

• TX Redman
  • Thank you received: 57
Japan took a shock 2 goal lead over Belgium but lacked the "nous" to protect the lead and see out the game. A lot of teams would have milked the clock, faked injuries, take 5 mins to sub, 2 mins to take a corner, etc. but that is not in their playbook... (yet). Both goalies made some great saves in in the 2H. Courtois-DeBruyne- Meunier-(Lukakau dummy)-Chadli goal BOOM. Exciting stuff.

Belgium-Brazil promises to be an attack-fest but who knows? Neymar is a whiny little brat.

PS, I like Meola / DellaCamera, some of the others are very poor.

PPS, if Colombia are without James Rodriguez, I think England have a chance... :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem

All Things World Cup 2 months 2 weeks ago #289634

• Tom in Salem
  • Thank you received: 228

TX Redman wrote: Japan took a shock 2 goal lead over Belgium but lacked the "nous" to protect the lead and see out the game. A lot of teams would have milked the clock, faked injuries, take 5 mins to sub, 2 mins to take a corner, etc. but that is not in their playbook... (yet). Both goalies made some great saves in in the 2H. Courtois-DeBruyne- Meunier-(Lukakau dummy)-Chadli goal BOOM. Exciting stuff.

Belgium-Brazil promises to be an attack-fest but who knows? Neymar is a whiny little brat.

PPS, if Colombia are without James Rodriguez, I think England have a chance... :(

If Neymar was a college basketball player, he'd be at dook.
Belgium/Brazil is a match worthy of the final.
Meola is fantastic, but not nearly enough to offset Lalas, which is an impossible feat.
WE ARE BETTER THAN DePAUL
The following user(s) said Thank You: TX Redman

All Things World Cup 2 months 2 weeks ago #289636

• gman
  • Thank you received: 199
I'm really looking forward to the UK game tonight. It should be fun times in London if they win. My wife was in Paris last weekend for the France win. She said you could hear cheers shouting from all the windows after goals.

All Things World Cup 2 months 2 weeks ago #289638

• Section9

TX Redman wrote: Japan took a shock 2 goal lead over Belgium but lacked the "nous" to protect the lead and see out the game. A lot of teams would have milked the clock, faked injuries, take 5 mins to sub, 2 mins to take a corner, etc. but that is not in their playbook... (yet). Both goalies made some great saves in in the 2H. Courtois-DeBruyne- Meunier-(Lukakau dummy)-Chadli goal BOOM. Exciting stuff.

James fit but may not start, this one could be a barn burner. In the last two weeks I've grown to hate Neymar more than Ronaldo, no mean feat.B) :) ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, TX Redman, Tom in Salem, Andrew

All Things World Cup 2 months 2 weeks ago #289642

• simplyred
  • Thank you received: 56
Neymar makes it near impossible to root for Brazil (which I usually do). I’m divided between Belgium and England at this point. Kompany and DeBruyne are probably my two favorite Man City players (kind of like deciding which child you love most) so I may lean toward Belgium.

Last edit: by simplyred.

All Things World Cup 2 months 2 weeks ago #289647

• mjmaherjr
  • Away

Tom in Salem wrote:

If Neymar was a college basketball player, he'd be at dook.
Belgium/Brazil is a match worthy of the final.

Haaaaaaa that is so true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Things World Cup 2 months 2 weeks ago #289654

• Section9
James not even suited for the match, I may be leaning towards England. My wife's half English so her dream match-up for the finals is England vs. Prince Harry. She figures she can't lose either way.:cheer: ;)

All Things World Cup 2 months 2 weeks ago #289655

• mjmaherjr
  • Away
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem, Andrew

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth