Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mike Repole Belmont Piece

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 2 days ago #287716

• OLV72
  • Thank you received: 145

NCJohnnie wrote: mjmaherjr wrote: OLV72 wrote:
NCJohnnie wrote: Paultzman wrote:

nypost.com/2018/06/04/belmont-stakes-is-...r-this-queens-owner/

Thanks for posting. I am sure there'll be a few redmen.comers at Belmont this Saturday watching Justify try for the Triple Crown. I've been there for a few Belmont Stakes over the years, this year finally got to Derby. I expect to have a few shekels wagered on Repole's horse Vino Rosso Saturday. Hope we get an honest racetrack for the race.

MJM is going to be there. He's sitting in section 114.

Belmont Park going to order Bronx Pale Ale Keg for me

Good for you guys. I will be watching (with a betting interest) with my Charlotte Sugar Creek Pale Ales in tow. I hope you guys have a drier (weather-wise) Belmont than my Derby!

Hoping for a meteorological triple crown. Win all three on a wet track.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 2 days ago #287717

• NCJohnnie
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 712
OLV72 wrote: NCJohnnie wrote: mjmaherjr wrote: OLV72 wrote:

Thanks for posting. I am sure there'll be a few redmen.comers at Belmont this Saturday watching Justify try for the Triple Crown. I've been there for a few Belmont Stakes over the years, this year finally got to Derby. I expect to have a few shekels wagered on Repole's horse Vino Rosso Saturday. Hope we get an honest racetrack for the race.

Good for you guys. I will be watching (with a betting interest) with my Charlotte Sugar Creek Pale Ales in tow. I hope you guys have a drier (weather-wise) Belmont than my Derby!

Good for you! I bet Audible at the Derby and skipped the Preakness. In the somewhat self-destructive bettor philosophy that says if I wasn't there for the wedding I won't be at the funeral, I am going to look to beat Justify Saturday. Dry track will help me in that effort I believe. We will see.

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 2 days ago #287718

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 1215

NCJohnnie wrote: OLV72 wrote: NCJohnnie wrote: mjmaherjr wrote: OLV72 wrote:

Good for you! I bet Audible at the Derby and skipped the Preakness. In the somewhat self-destructive bettor philosophy that says if I wasn't there for the wedding I won't be at the funeral, I am going to look to beat Justify Saturday. Dry track will help me in that effort I believe. We will see.

According to OLV a self destructive betting philosophy would be to bet whatever Ralph does :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OLV72

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 2 days ago #287720

• OLV72

NCJohnnie wrote: OLV72 wrote: NCJohnnie wrote: mjmaherjr wrote: OLV72 wrote:

The Belmont is the tough one. I will probably bet against him and root like hell that I don't collect.

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 2 days ago #287721

• ghostzapper
  • Thank you received: 59
On Saturday I will be at the Belmont Stakes for the 43rd year in a row and the 44th time overall. I have witnessed the last 4 Triple Crown winners live and am interested to see if Justify can turn the trick. I think he has an excellent shot to do it because he has the right running style and is obviously very talented. That said it is not an easy thing to do and it takes a special horse to turn the trick. He will probably have to run better than he did in the Preakness to pull it off.

Mike Repole's horse Vino Rosso has a good shot at an upset if the race plays favorably for a closer. However one of the common misconceptions about the Belmont is that the longer distance helps come from behind types, but actually the typically slower pace of the Belmont usually helps horses on or close to the lead. This should help Justify's chances because he will likely be the controlling speed of the race.

BTW I often see Mike Repole at the track and he comes off as a very down to earth guy. He is pretty approachable and is willing to discuss horses, St. John's basketball or the Mets with you. I have not seen him much at St. John's games since Lavin left but hopefully he will return soon with the continued rise of our team.

I think It would be a nice thing to see Repole in the winner's circle on Saturday. Winning the Belmont would probably mean more to him than most of the other owners and as a fellow Queens guy I think it would be a great local story.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Andrew, NCJohnnie

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 2 days ago #287723

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 1215

ghostzapper wrote: On Saturday I will be at the Belmont Stakes for the 43rd year in a row and the 44th time overall. I have witnessed the last 4 Triple Crown winners live and am interested to see if Justify can turn the trick. I think he has an excellent shot to do it because he has the right running style and is obviously very talented. That said it is not an easy thing to do and it takes a special horse to turn the trick. He will probably have to run better than he did in the Preakness to pull it off.

Mike Repole's horse Vino Rosso has a good shot at an upset if the race plays favorably for a closer. However one of the common misconceptions about the Belmont is that the longer distance helps come from behind types, but actually the typically slower pace of the Belmont usually helps horses on or close to the lead. This should help Justify's chances because he will likely be the controlling speed of the race.

BTW I often see Mike Repole at the track and he comes off as a very down to earth guy. He is pretty approachable and is willing to discuss horses, St. John's basketball or the Mets with you. I have not seen him much at St. John's games since Lavin left but hopefully he will return soon with the continued rise of our team.

I think It would be a nice thing to see Repole in the winner's circle on Saturday. Winning the Belmont would probably mean more to him than most of the other owners and as a fellow Queens guy I think it would be a great local story.

you've probably met OLV72 somewhere there over the years there and didnt even know it

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 2 days ago #287724

• ghostzapper
  • Thank you received: 59
Well I will be sitting in in Section 3S Upper Row D Seat 11 Saturday. Tell him to stop by and say hello!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 2 days ago #287725

• OLV72

ghostzapper wrote: Well I will be sitting in in Section 3S Upper Row D Seat 11 Saturday. Tell him to stop by and say hello!

Zapper, I’m in 2W. It’s the first year I paid for a seat. If you want to lose I’ll look for you and talk horses. Always enjoy reading your posts. I plan on going Friday afternoon as well. Looks to be a nicer day.

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 1 day ago #287807

• jerseyshorejohnny
  • Thank you received: 315
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 1 day ago #287826

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 184

ghostzapper wrote: On Saturday I will be at the Belmont Stakes for the 43rd year in a row and the 44th time overall. I have witnessed the last 4 Triple Crown winners live and am interested to see if Justify can turn the trick. I think he has an excellent shot to do it because he has the right running style and is obviously very talented. That said it is not an easy thing to do and it takes a special horse to turn the trick. He will probably have to run better than he did in the Preakness to pull it off.

I sat behind Mike Repole in CA for one of the games last year so I can confirm he has been around during the Mullin era still. Went to Belmont last year and me and my friends bet Irish War Cry. He was winning 95% of the race and ran out of steam at the end. Very annoying but still fun.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth