Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mike Repole Belmont Piece

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 3 days ago #287585

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3448
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyinfairfield , jerseyshorejohnny, JackofVirginia, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, Andrew, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 3 days ago #287588

• NCJohnnie
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 712
Paultzman wrote:

nypost.com/2018/06/04/belmont-stakes-is-...r-this-queens-owner/

Thanks for posting. I am sure there'll be a few redmen.comers at Belmont this Saturday watching Justify try for the Triple Crown. I've been there for a few Belmont Stakes over the years, this year finally got to Derby. I expect to have a few shekels wagered on Repole's horse Vino Rosso Saturday. Hope we get an honest racetrack for the race.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, JackofVirginia, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 3 days ago #287601

• mattc
  • Thank you received: 113
If it rains again for the third leg of the Triple Crown I'm going to lose my mind.

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 3 days ago #287619

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 217

NCJohnnie wrote: Paultzman wrote:

Thanks for posting. I am sure there'll be a few redmen.comers at Belmont this Saturday watching Justify try for the Triple Crown. I've been there for a few Belmont Stakes over the years, this year finally got to Derby. I expect to have a few shekels wagered on Repole's horse Vino Rosso Saturday. Hope we get an honest racetrack for the race.

Hi NCJ
Memories are stirred.
I got to do some graduate work at U Ky circa 1981 and took advantage of horse country - (I know very little about horses - (other than Gulliver's Houyhnhnms lol) other than a dear friend was a horse veterinarian in Maryland - died much too early - he could never get young vets to work on large animals they all wanted cats & dogs). While in Lexington I made it a point to visit Secretariat, Riva Ridge, Spectacular Bid...
Amazing standing in awe next to these intelligent beings and soaking in their presence...I will always remember Secretariat looking at me - his style, strength and spirit vibrating through my bones.
How nice if our own SJU horse person could - as with Keegan Bradley in golf - win!

Let's go St. Johns.
all the best
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia, frank61, Andrew, NCJohnnie

Last edit: by Sherman, Sheridan & Grant.

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 3 days ago #287626

• NCJohnnie
  • Away
S,S&G wrote: NCJohnnie wrote: Paultzman wrote:

Hi NCJ
Memories are stirred.
I got to do some graduate work at U Ky circa 1981 and took advantage of horse country - (I know very little about horses - (other than Gulliver's Houyhnhnms lol) other than a dear friend was a horse veterinarian in Maryland - died much too early - he could never get young vets to work on large animals they all wanted cats & dogs). While in Lexington I made it a point to visit Secretariat, Riva Ridge, Spectacular Bid...
Amazing standing in awe next to these intelligent beings and soaking in their presence...I will always remember Secretariat looking at me - his style, strength and spirit vibrating through my bones.
How nice if our own SJU horse person could - as with Keegan Bradley in golf - win!

Let's go St. Johns.
all the best

Nice post General. I was never fortunate enough to make it to Lexington other than a one day trip in and out for a class action mediation; we drove through horse country but didn't get to visit. My job did bring me on several occasions to Louisville so got to Churchill Downs a few times over the years, but never to the Derby until this year. While I generally love it in NC, one thing I do miss is there is no such thing as horse racing here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 3 days ago #287633

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 217
My daughter recently moved to Charlotte, new attorney, but it's not NY where I'm born & bred - but I "get it" - so much less costly in Charlotte than Sag Harbor + jobs exist there not so much here.
Keep up the good posting NCJ :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 3 days ago #287643

• NCJohnnie
  • Away
SS&G wrote: My daughter recently moved to Charlotte, new attorney, but it's not NY where I'm born & bred - but I "get it" - so much less costly in Charlotte than Sag Harbor + jobs exist there not so much here.
Keep up the good posting NCJ

Yes, lots of attorney jobs in Charlotte, especially in banking/corporate areas. I moved down here in 2011 as part of job relo and retired here last year. Climate and extra sunshine is great. Unfortunately, all 3 of my daughters who are in mid to late 20s gravitated back to NJ/NY where they were born and raised. Silver lining is I am tentatively planning on getting to BE tourney next March and staying at my youngest daughters NYC apartment!

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 2 days ago #287710

• OLV72
  • Thank you received: 145

MJM is going to be there. He's sitting in section 114.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, NCJohnnie

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 2 days ago #287711

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 1215

OLV72 wrote:

Belmont Park going to order Bronx Pale Ale Keg for me
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 2 weeks 2 days ago #287713

• NCJohnnie
  • Away
mjmaherjr wrote: OLV72 wrote:

Belmont Park going to order Bronx Pale Ale Keg for me

Good for you guys. I will be watching (with a betting interest) with my Charlotte Sugar Creek Pale Ales in tow. I hope you guys have a drier (weather-wise) Belmont than my Derby!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth