Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New hardwood court coming @ Carnesecca

New hardwood court coming @ Carnesecca 1 week 2 days ago #288175

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 184
Still looks better than before...not the best it can but better so I'll take it. Rome wasn't built in a day. The next things they need to work on are the seats and concessions. They should have a permanent Acquista's Trattoria booth inside. Such a great place to eat before games and have met Lou there...such a nice guy and down to earth but also has swagger. The guy was driven up to the curb in a black Mercedes...gangster! Anyway, I'm not asking for the world here...just better than popcorn and pretzels like high schools do along with little league. I believe they served food in the CA lobby a few times and their chicken parm wrap was amazing. They know basil is the key!

As for the seats, not sure what else there is to be said. I realize we can't have all seat backs, but the arena is 80% bleachers. IMO there should only be bleachers behind each basket...basically 80% seat back seats and 20% bleachers. Again, I'll go regardless because I'm a diehard but you won't lure casual fans as much. On a positive note I do like the new scoreboard and SJ lights...looks very cool. If they can get the AC working, comfier seats, and real concessions it would actually be a very nice experience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyinfairfield

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New hardwood court coming @ Carnesecca 1 week 2 days ago #288176

• MarkRedman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 24
We're putting lipstick on a pig IMO
Our "arena" is an absolute embarrassment
Many mid-major programs have much nicer home courts that ours
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10, Andrew

New hardwood court coming @ Carnesecca 1 week 2 days ago #288200

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 44

MarkRedman wrote: We're putting lipstick on a pig IMO
Our "arena" is an absolute embarrassment
Many mid-major programs have much nicer home courts that ours

I actually saw this as a positive. This was about the smallest "upgrade" you could make without sinking too much money into it and not being stuck with what you have. Obviously, many believe it to be far fetched, but a total rehaul of the arena i.e., modernization, bowl, chairs, etc is still whats needed. Doesn't need to hold much but it needs to be better for than ones it holds. Oh and btw ive never been to Carnesecca.

New hardwood court coming @ Carnesecca 1 week 2 days ago #288207

• frank61
  • Thank you received: 129
The vaunted Carrier Dome has steel benches, no backs, no A/C. It is much more uncomfortable than CA. It can feel like a hot box in there, they give you 14 inches for your ass. Their sound system is primitive. You have to park miles from the arena and then be a billy goat to climb the hills just to get to the arena. But I don't think I have ever heard or read about how terribly uncomfortable the arena is. Their fans are obnoxious, but they complain about everything concerning the team, but not the accommodations. Just saying.......
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT, Chicago Days

New hardwood court coming @ Carnesecca 1 week 2 days ago #288208

• Amaseinyourface

frank61 wrote: The vaunted Carrier Dome has steel benches, no backs, no A/C. It is much more uncomfortable than CA. It can feel like a hot box in there, they give you 14 inches for your ass. Their sound system is primitive. You have to park miles from the arena and then be a billy goat to climb the hills just to get to the arena. But I don't think I have ever heard or read about how terribly uncomfortable the arena is. Their fans are obnoxious, but they complain about everything concerning the team, but not the accommodations. Just saying.......

They also get 20000 people to come watch.

New hardwood court coming @ Carnesecca 1 week 2 days ago #288210

• frank61
  • Thank you received: 129
We would also get 20,000 to a game if we were the only game in town like Syracuse is. Syracuse is a college venue, NYC is a pro town.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section9

New hardwood court coming @ Carnesecca 1 week 2 days ago #288213

• Amaseinyourface

frank61 wrote: We would also get 20,000 to a game if we were the only game in town like Syracuse is. Syracuse is a college venue, NYC is a pro town.

Carrier dome is a college venue. Plus they serve beer. Carnesecca is a high school gym.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61

New hardwood court coming @ Carnesecca 1 week 2 days ago #288225

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1185

Amaseinyourface wrote:

frank61 wrote: We would also get 20,000 to a game if we were the only game in town like Syracuse is. Syracuse is a college venue, NYC is a pro town.

Carrier dome is a college venue. Plus they serve beer. Carnesecca is a high school gym.

The Carrier Dome is a small football stadium by big time college football standards and Syracuse football is only relevant in Syracuse. It is a terrible place to play basketball.
Carnesecca may be a very big high school gym by Texas standards but how many colleges will have the option of playing at Madison Square Garden, the Islanders Arena 5 miles from campus or in their home gym, which is still the biggest college arena in New York City?
We got it all baby!!

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

New hardwood court coming @ Carnesecca 1 week 2 days ago #288237

• Las Vegan
  • Thank you received: 49
If we can be a consistent winner, go to the NCAA or NIT every year and be able to draw big crowds to the Garden, maybe a corporate sponsor would surface to help finance a new campus venue. We won't need empty slogans. The product will speak for itself.

Last edit: by Las Vegan.

New hardwood court coming @ Carnesecca 1 week 2 days ago #288241

• RedStormNC
  • RedStormNC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 178
a better pic

thought the STJ logo outline would have now been the navy blue

Attachments:

Last edit: by RedStormNC.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth