TOPIC: Ponds

Ponds 3 months 1 day ago #285226

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 1420

Class of 72 wrote:

OhioFan wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

we are sju wrote: BTW
Forget people being rude in posts to one another. If someone does not know who Rodney Dangerfield is they should immediately be banned. Age is no excuse either.

Lol!
A recent expose here in New York showed that "bullying" is at an all time high in senior citizens centers. Age is no excuse for bullying.;)

So, are you the bully or the bullied?:silly: :oops: :woohoo: :whistle:

Ha, Ha Rich! It is a true story that was in news here in NYC. I am guilty of being a Ballbrecher but I don't bully, except for the Al Bovino's of the world.:P

The hunter and the hunted. I envision that deer pic kicking the hunters ass but I cant find the pic :):):):)

Truth be told I see 72 as more of the hunter. He doesn't whine when people bust his chops
The following user(s) said Thank You: Class of 72, Tom in Salem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

Ponds 3 months 12 hours ago #285283

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 1091
www.rumbleinthegarden.com/2018/5/17/1735...atch-update-st-johns

A Rumble piece today.
Doesn't say much, but since I know this Board is fixated on all things Ponds--here it is.
Hope I linked it right!

Ponds 3 months 7 hours ago #285306

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 116
As much as I would like to see him back,I wish him good luck. He deserves his shot.

Ponds 3 months 6 hours ago #285307

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 1091

usguard wrote: As much as I would like to see him back,I wish him good luck. He deserves his shot.

Agree, I wish what's best for him.
Just don't believe he'd benefit from leaving too soon and think he needs one more year in college to work on his game.
It obviously depends on the feedback and evaluations he'll get.
"We shall see."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, JackofVirginia, frank61, Andrew

Ponds 2 months 4 weeks ago #285357

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4470
Zach B
St. John’s guard Shamorie Ponds has workouts set with the Lakers (20-21), Nuggets (21-22), Jazz (22-23), Pistons (23-24), and potentially the Knicks, though that has yet to be finalized, per his father. Will likely not announce decision until deadline on May 30. #sjubb
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, JackofVirginia, frank61, Chicago Days

Ponds 2 months 4 weeks ago #285534

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 975
www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/sto...d/23532529/undefined

Interesting piece on decisions for those who entered draft w/o an agent. Shamorie is mentioned at the end as one who should return.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, JackofVirginia, frank61, Chicago Days

Ponds 2 months 3 weeks ago #285597

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4470
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61

Ponds 2 months 3 weeks ago #285601

• RedStormRising2
  • Thank you received: 115
The great thing about Ponds is it really easy to root for him. I feel the same way about Clark and Simon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, JackofVirginia, frank61, JohnnyFan

Ponds 2 months 3 weeks ago #285602

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 434

RedStormRising2 wrote: The great thing about Ponds is it really easy to root for him. I feel the same way about Clark and Simon.

I agree completely, and don’t really know much about Keita or Dixon, but I really like everything I have read about Figueroa , Williams, Earlington , Roberts and love what Paultzman wrote yesterday about Trimble. They really seem like a super bunch of kids.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61, Chicago Days

Ponds 2 months 3 weeks ago #285608

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1455

redmannorth wrote:

RedStormRising2 wrote: The great thing about Ponds is it really easy to root for him. I feel the same way about Clark and Simon.

I agree completely, and don’t really know much about Keita or Dixon, but I really like everything I have read about Figueroa , Williams, Earlington , Roberts and love what Paultzman wrote yesterday about Trimble. They really seem like a super bunch of kids.

I will say this, academically the Mullin recruits are some of the best qualified athletes on the basketball team in a long time. The true freshmen coming in were all very good students. Good students are easier to coach imo.

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
The following user(s) said Thank You: frank61, Andrew, Chicago Days

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth