Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ponds

Ponds 1 week 3 days ago #284885

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2670
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia, frank61, capmaker, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ponds 1 week 3 days ago #284886

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 658

Paultzman wrote: www.zagsblog.com/2018/05/12/snubbed-by-n...elf-in-nba-workouts/

Thanks Paultz.
Things change in a blink, but Shamorie's last quote sounds like he may be realizing he may not be drafted this year in the 1st 2 rounds, and he'll gain experience, exposure, and credibility, having a great last college run and leading St. John's into the NCAAs.
Let's hope so on all counts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, JackofVirginia, NCJohnnie

Ponds 1 week 3 days ago #284888

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2670
He’ll be back
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112, Tonyinfairfield , OLV72, frank61, capmaker, SJ_NYC, richard A Steinfeld, L J S A, Chicago Days

Ponds 1 week 3 days ago #284890

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1022

Paultzman wrote: He’ll be back

That would be great. His shooting and building up his strength just don't happen in a few weeks. With him back Mullin will have the deepest backcourt in the conference. I'm still hoping for a mystery big from Lithuania.;)

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Ponds 1 week 3 days ago #284892

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 529
Paultzman wrote: He’ll be back

Sounds good. That's the way I'm reading the tea leaves too, but you are much closer to the tea than me!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Ponds 1 week 3 days ago #284900

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 106

NCJohnnie wrote: Paultzman wrote: He’ll be back

Sounds good. That's the way I'm reading the tea leaves too, but you are much closer to the tea than me!

I'll wait to get happy. When we think something positive will happen, it always turns out bad.

Without Ponds, we have Simon, Clark, and good but unprovens.

Ponds 1 week 3 days ago #284903

• thetux1
  • Thank you received: 2
Why would an NBA team want a guy who shoots 20% from 3 and stops ball movement. The idea is to improve NOT increase your PPG. He was better as a freshmen

Ponds 1 week 3 days ago #284904

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 529
thetux1 wrote: Why would an NBA team want a guy who shoots 20% from 3 and stops ball movement. The idea is to improve NOT increase your PPG. He was better as a freshmen

Disagree with this post. Shamorie went from 3 assists per game to nearly 5 per game, hardly a ball stopper, not to mention first team all BE. Teams collapsed on him last year because once Lovett left they could do so. That will not be the case next year - watch how he plays. We will be incredibly fortunate when he returns for another year!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, JackofVirginia, Andrew, Chicago Days

Last edit: by NCJohnnie.

Ponds 1 week 3 days ago #284907

• RedStormRising2
  • Thank you received: 94
Ponds is not a 20% 3 pt shooter. He is a scorer that is the team relies on so much that he is forced to take the impossible shots. What we are down by 6 with 30 seconds left? Ponds dribble and try to do the impossible. There's 3 on the shot clock? Get it to Ponds and see what he can do. It's a no win situation for his shooting %.

Ponds will make a lot of money playing basketball somewhere some time in the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Andrew, L J S A, Chicago Days

Ponds 1 week 3 days ago #284911

• thetux1
  • Thank you received: 2

RedStormRising2 wrote: Ponds is not a 20% 3 pt shooter. He is a scorer that is the team relies on so much that he is forced to take the impossible shots. What we are down by 6 with 30 seconds left? Ponds dribble and try to do the impossible. There's 3 on the shot clock? Get it to Ponds and see what he can do. It's a no win situation for his shooting %.

Ponds will make a lot of money playing basketball somewhere some time in the future.

This is exactly why the team stunk. There was one game this past season where Ponds wasn't on the floor and I thought we were doomed. Instead the ball movement was the best I saw all year, everyone was focused and involved and it showed in the results. Yeah Ponds had a great 3 or 4 game stretch sandwiched between a lousy year. Freshmen Ponds was much better then Sophmore Ponds. Oh and Those 25 footers early in the shot clock especially when you're shooting 20% should not be allowed by the coaching staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth